• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.

FACE

Banned
There was an interview with Silva's long time coach, Cesário that is pretty interesting. Some choice quotes, not a direct translation but essentially what he means:

He lost focus,
He was joking around. It was too much. When you do funny business like that you need to move your feet, instead of just leaning back.
It wasn't just with Weidman either, but with his corner. As his coach I can't accept something like that. Maybe he wasn't trying to be disrespectful, and just trying to brake Weidman's plan but he lost sight and went too far.
He regretted it after the fight, and didn't know what to do. Three months of work out of the window. He's a complicated guy, because he has a lot going on around him. We had a problem in the academy (with a student) recently, and I told him his breadwinner was his hand, his leg and he shouldn't buy into the ideas of others. He's not a Hollywood star and shouldn't forget where he came from. He's a champion and a star inside the UFC, but outside he must keep being his good and humble self. I didn't understand what was happening with him, and I told him. He asked if I really thought that, and I told him yes and that he was being crude and that success was getting into his head.
He did the same with Demian and later regretted it. Said he wouldn't do it again but fights later he did, and this time his gamble proved too costly.
After the fight he told me he had fucked up, and was ready to listen. Right now it doesn't matter, what has to be done will be done in Rio when we get back in the training. A lot will have to change, the funny business has to end. These days he has 40 coaches around him, each one with their own ideas. Less is more.
Feijao was hard on him, told him to stop joking around because he was going too far. In that instance he should have gotten slapped, then he would've stopped fooling around. But his corner didn't have the guts to do it. Ramon Lemos also told him to stop, and when he started doing it I said it was going to backfire. Rogerão said he knew what he was doing, and then we all saw what happened.
Too many voices around him have taken away his focus. As I see it, there are people that shouldn't even be around him, but he's the boss what am I going to do?
He wants the belt back, he promised. At the moment it happened he wasn't able to handle the pressure. Didn't want the rematch. He comes from a humble family, it's all getting heavier on his shoulders.
I believe it will be 100% different. He entered the second round still playing, took one and Weidman grew confident. The cross he hit him with, not even he believed it had landed from what he said after the fight. If Silva gets his head straight, he's going to finish Weidman.

Meh, Weidman might have not quite believed how he had knocked out Silva, but that combo was straight from practice.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
There was an interview with Silva's long time coach, Cesário that is pretty interesting. Some choice quotes, not a direct translation but essentially what he means:

Meh, Weidman might have not quite believed how he had knocked out Silva, but that combo was straight from practice.

Canderson's head is definitely gassed up. Straight Rocky 3 level BS with him trying to be a celebrity, hanging out with Usher and shit. What the fuck is Usher doing with you backstage before and after a fight? Just dumb stuff.

Heel

Shogun's Back

1.gif

Canderson's head is definitely gassed up. Straight Rocky 3 level BS with him trying to be a celebrity, hanging out with Usher and shit. What the fuck is Usher doing with you backstage before and after a fight? Just dumb stuff.

I honestly thought the whole Usher thing was bullshit, and thought it was just his older son dressing like Usher.

Then I saw the video.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I honestly thought the whole Usher thing was bullshit, and thought it was just his older son dressing like Usher.

Then I saw the video.

"The student becomes the teacher."

I'm not even a Canderson fan but I wanted to throw up. These kind of non-essentials hanging around have ruined many athletes.

muddream

Banned
Silva apparently went on Brazilian TV and said Weidman didn't beat him, he beat himself...these dummies are still fooling themselves instead of realizing that the Whiteman is up there with the Oreo from Endicott in terms of talent. I wish online gambling was possible in Naziland, best fight odds since Overeem vs Diverticulitis Bork.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Man, please don't say oreo. I'm having high school flashbacks now.

And I have no doubt that Silver is going to get his clock cleaned again.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Not the first dude who was meek after a loss only to grow a pair and talk shit way after the fact. It all works out in for everyone in the end. All 3 parties involved will get another good payday, and should the Whiteman somehow fumble it will be most profitable.

Silva apparently went on Brazilian TV and said Weidman didn't beat him, he beat himself...these dummies are still fooling themselves instead of realizing that the Whiteman is up there with the Oreo from Endicott in terms of talent. I wish online gambling was possible in Naziland, best fight odds since Overeem vs Diverticulitis Bork.

Well he said Weidman landed a perfect shot, and that he didn't want to take credit away. He feels that he lost to himself however, and losing to yourself is the worst kind of defeat. He recognizes after the fact there's a lot of things he needs to change, and he's going back to the drawing board and reinvent himself so he can hopefully rise to the challenge.

Nobody can deny that Weidman did what he had to do. Nobody can deny either that Silva at least could've made it a tougher win for Weidman. He could've been beaten, and even koed anyway had he done better, but it's easy to accept that the fight at least would've gone longer or have been more challenging for Weidman.

He says provocations won't go away though, so who knows. Probably gets turned into favela tuna again.

muddream

Banned
The way I see it Canderson has three options:
a) be aggressive, get taken down at will, made humble
b) keep his hands down to stuff shots and get hit wit a mean one
c) Kaleb Starnes

Chamber

love on your sleeve
c) Kaleb Starnes

Option A is why I think Serious Silva will work out about as well as Chuck with that look in his eye. Silver doesn't want any of Weidman's GNP and he isn't going to tap him out from the bottom.

c) Kaleb Starnes

Let's not act like Weidman is now the greatest fighter the world has ever seen. Silva can time his counters and pace the fight.

He doesn't need to be aggressive nor does he need to keep his hands down. Patience, distance, timing, takedown defense. That's what he needs, not some circus shit because Weidman has shown he ain't about that life.

Can he win? Pfff, of course he can win. Will he win? I wouldn't bet money on it but nobody in the world would be shocked.

I have no doubt that parts of that story are true Jerry. You're not going to sell me on the idea that you didn't take creative liberties however. Plausibility, keep it close to your chest.

Why are you posting in the black culture thread anyway lol

Kick off that fat slob Seagal and Usher out of your crew. Come on Anderson...get rid of your leeches...

How many more million dollar vegas prize fighters have to go down the shitter financially because of these cash leeches. Andy dont let it happen to you!

I'm always in the BCT. Those guys are fucking hilarious.

Now bros, I need to know something. Do I come off as arrogant during chat? I'll explain later.

muddream

Banned
Kick off that fat slob Seagal and Usher out of your crew. Come on Anderson...get rid of your leeches...

How many more million dollar vegas prize fighters have to go down the shitter financially because of these cash leeches. Andy dont let it happen to you!

Seagal took Anderson to the next level, let's not rewrite history because your false idol has fallen.

Everybody has haters Jerry. You don't come across as arrogant, that said it's possible that some people might feel their own self esteem threatened by your.... recounting of events. That's maybe why they say you are arrogant, because you make them feel inferior.

Some chick went in on me last night. Ended it by saying I was arrogant. I can't post the whole convo but let's just say she wasn't happy to find out I got her friend's number after she told me not to do it. She said a bunch of real shit but the only thing that bothered me was being called arrogant.

Oh it's about a girl. That makes more sense, I would say that if you treat and talk with a girl the same way you talk about a girl then you are either arrogant or a playboy in her eyes. I guess you got a girl on the cards that doesn't buy into the playboy scene.

Since we are talking about girl stories.... Two days ago I went to work, same shift as my girl that day. My sister hooked her up, she hooked me up if you need to know. Anyway, she tells me stories about co-workers and she told me some about how boring this gal she works with was, and ugly to boot. So when we get there, it's the first time I actually see the gal, as we are replacing her and this guy who is one of the owners of the franchise.

She was lively, and not ugly AT ALL. All smiles and shit, and I admit I caught myself trading stares with her. She comes to say goodbye, I blink at her and she does the take one last look before you're out of sight. Tell my girl she doesn't seem boring at all, and she tells me this wasn't normal and the gal was more lively than she had seen her before.

Yesterday she was on the same shift as her. She didn't knew I was her boyfriend, so she starts talking about me and says I'm really cute. The gal ends up asking my gf about her boyfriend, and she tells her. The gal plays it off.

Am I about to get in trouble folks? Or am I about to get in trouble?

Oh it's about a girl. That makes more sense, I would say that if you treat and talk with a girl the same way you talk about a girl then you are either arrogant or a playboy in her eyes. I guess you got a girl on the cards that doesn't buy into the playboy scene.

I don't talk to women the same way I talk to you guys.

Well the chick does know I fuck around a lot and she still gave me her number.

Since we are talking about girl stories.... Two days ago I went to work, same shift as my girl that day. My sister hooked her up, she hooked me up if you need to know. Anyway, she tells me stories about co-workers and she told me some about how boring this gal she works with was, and ugly to boot. So when we get there, it's the first time I actually see the gal, as we are replacing her and this guy who is one of the owners of the franchise.

She was lively, and not ugly AT ALL. All smiles and shit, and I admit I caught myself trading stares with her. She comes to say goodbye, I blink at her and she does the take one last look before you're out of sight. Tell my girl she doesn't seem boring at all, and she tells me this wasn't normal and the gal was more lively than she had seen her before.

Yesterday she was on the same shift as her. She didn't knew I was her boyfriend, so she starts talking about me and says I'm really cute. The gal ends up asking my gf about her boyfriend, and she tells her. The gal plays it off.

Am I about to get in trouble folks? Or am I about to get in trouble?

You didn't do anything right? You should be good.

I have suspicions of a 12 year old kid being pimped in a corner of a public park near me. I see this dude checking him from the distance, and two nights in a row I see the kid there just standing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom