• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
That's your fault for shopping in the rough part of grammartown.

The deals! There was a flyer and I just had to go.

*edit* I did not. I edited the other one cause i accidentally posted it cause i was on my phone. Nuts.com mafia is onto you son.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Im throwing up another random nerd chat. Im bored and in pain. If anyone's around feel free to make fun of my pain

*edit*

Bitches?

You guys suck

VoxPop

Hooooooooo Leeeeeeeee shit is UFC on Fox 1 stacked. A lot of solid match ups. Plus the return of Mike Brown and Doomsday. I just hope I actually have that channel in my current set up and isn't part of a higher package.

MAIN CARD (FOX Sports 1, 8 p.m. ET)
Mauricio Rua vs. Chael Sonnen
Travis Browne vs. Alistair Overeem
Iuri Alcantara vs. Urijah Faber
Matt Brown vs. Mike Pyle
Uriah Hall vs. John Howard
Michael "The Menace" Johnson vs. Joe Lauzon

PRELIMINARY CARD (FOX Sports 1, 6 p.m. ET)
Michael McDonald vs. Brad Pickett
Max Holloway vs. Conor McGregor
Mike Brown vs. Steven Siler
Diego Brandao vs. Daniel Pineda

PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook, 4:30 p.m. ET)
Manvel Gamburyan vs. Cole Miller
Cody Donovan vs. Ovince St. Preux
Ramsey Nijem vs. James Vick

My name is Brian Stann and I'm here to say, I like mma in a major way!

I'm gonna be there next week. Stoked to watch Conor vs Holloway live. Hopefully it delivers. Amazing card top to bottom but I don't know how I feel about sitting in that arena for nearly 7 hours. Also going to love watching two Pride shams get completely mauled into obscurity and eventually Bellator.

dream

2e4b6c8c020b11e3bb0922000a1fbf4a_7.jpg

Heel

Check out the record of this kid fighting on the ol' Brazilian glue-in-the-eye circuit this weekend. 19 years old, 25-0 in less than 2 years.

Julio Cesar Neves

KO (Flying Knee)
KO (Flying Knee)
KO (Flying Knee)
KO (Flying Knee)
KO (Flying Knee)
KO (Flying Knee)

Reminds me of Barao's trail of cans before he got called up to WEC. Will have to keep an unglued eye on him.

Welp.

1.gif

FACE

Banned
Yesterday I was having problems with Mibbit, it kept "adding a pinch of salt" after my internet went out for a bit and I couldn't rejoin the chat :\

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Where is Chars at? His boy that he predicted could destroy the LHW division is having problem fighting a fat dude from Modesto.

7HLD5GJ.jpg

Hey Master, did you hear that Tyrone couldn't finish a can called DeAnda?

hBbnVsl.jpg

I've never heard of a fighter called DeAnda. DeAnda who?

Qgy91HX.jpg

DeAnda my dick, nigga!

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah but how was *****'s TDD? As recent fights such as Overeem/Bigfoot, Silva/Weidman and Machida/Davis have shown, as long as the better striker on paper has solid TDD they've got nothing to worry about.

Well he stuffed 2-3 shots. The dude he was fighting was 5'9" and chubby as fuck, though.

Yeah that DeAnda dude could easily be fighting at MW. I guess the one nice thing I could say about him is he has a hell of a pain threshold. He was taking some vicious kicks on his left leg.

Didn't he just pull a knife on an interviewer recently too?

Sports D&D Fantasy Football players - if I'm in a PPR league, should I focus on a good quarterback in the 1st round or a running back? I feel like I should get a QB but I got crucified in chat by people in a mock draft room when I picked up Drew Brees first and they were all getting RBs. Then again the room I was in wasn't for PPR and it had a flex position, which my league wont have.

Vio-Lence

Banned
Sports D&D Fantasy Football players - if I'm in a PPR league, should I focus on a good quarterback in the 1st round or a running back? I feel like I should get a QB but I got crucified in chat by people in a mock draft room when I picked up Drew Brees first and they were all getting RBs. Then again the room I was in wasn't for PPR and it had a flex position, which my league wont have.

Barbarian, it used to be cut and dry to take running backs with your first 2 picks of a fantasy draft. However, the NFL has been trending more and more towards a passing league and running backs are losing their value in both the real game and fantasy. It really depends on where you are drafting and who's available I'm afraid. Sorry for the non-answer. Where in the first round did you take Brees?

Barbarian, it used to be cut and dry to take running backs with your first 2 picks of a fantasy draft. However, the NFL has been trending more and more towards a passing league and running backs are losing their value in both the real game and fantasy. It really depends on where you are drafting and who's available I'm afraid. Sorry for the non-answer. Where in the first round did you take Brees?

If I remember correctly I was 4 out of 12. I guess maybe thats what they objected to the most - that I was in the position to get a pimp RB and went for a QB instead.

VoxPop

Didn't he just pull a knife on an interviewer recently too?

It depends honestly. On a team with a shitty/no QB, a top notch RB would most likely get 90% of the touches. So picking up someone like AP, Doug Martin, Charles, or Foster would be ideal. RBs are slim this year as well. Rodgers and Brees are both gods in fantasy but PPR is a whole different game. I see a heft chunk of RBs/WRs going before a top QB. Even a bum like Steven Jackson would probably go before a QB due to him being the #1 back for Arizona this year.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I'll take a guaranteed 4500 yard/35 TD QB over a top HB in fantasy. Easier to find production from a HB in the lower rounds while Brees will get you top level production every week.

EDIT - Well, that's not taking PPR into account. I'd still go with Brees though.

Heel

Lew Polley, less than a week after being cut by WSOF for missing weight by 32 pounds, will be fighting Olympian Steve Mocco on the RFA card this Friday at heavyweight. This is fantastic.

Thanks for the FF advice fellas.

Lew Polley, less than a week after being cut by WSOF for missing weight by 32 pounds, will be fighting Olympian Steve Mocco on the RFA card this Friday at heavyweight. This is fantastic.

Keep your fingers crossed that he can make 265.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Jason 'Mayhem' Miller released from jail following arrest on domestic violence charges
Retired mixed martial artist Jason "Mayhem" Miller was released from Orange County Central Jail Complex early Monday morning after being arrested Sunday on domestic violence charges.

Miller posted a $50,000 bond and was released at 12:21 a.m., according to a representative from the O.C. Central Jail Complex. Sheriff's Department officials were unable to provide specifics on the arrest.

Under California law, domestic violence charges range from a misdemeanor to a felony on a case-by-case basis, with the latter carrying a maximum sentence of four years in state prison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom