• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
0100_m1bbd.gif

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Am I a bad person for sneering at Ronda's attempt of getting my sympathy? Boo fucking hoo lady.
No because you're pit.

Are you supposed to hate your job this much? Jesus fuckin Christ....
The best one can hope for with most jobs is decent benefits, salary, and a bitchin' weekend where they leave you alone. Work wouldn't be work if it was fun.

bone_and_sinew

The worst part of having a job you despise is coming home from work really tired, going to sleep immediately, and not waking up until you have to go to work. You feel like you don't exist for anything but that shitty job and you feel like your value as a human being is worthless.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
The worst part of having a job you despise is coming home from work really tired, going to sleep immediately, and not waking up until you have to go to work. You feel like you don't exist for anything but that shitty job and you feel like your value as a human being is worthless.

*alex jones* THEY DESIGNED THE SYSTEM TO HOLD US DOWN, TO TURN US ALL INTO SLAVES *alex jones*

Chamber

love on your sleeve

hit-the-nail-on-the-head.jpg

my job was great. sales. both tele-marketing and doing mornings on a small kiosk. had an objective, if i reached it after 2 weeks, i had the other 2 off.

then it changed. they made me go door-to-door, selling shit at people homes. jesus fuck... i even got spat on once. asked to go back to what i used to do, got laid off. January 2nd, even if i knew it on January 1st. fuck them.

bone_and_sinew

I can't get trashed tonight since I have an odd job at 9am. Pretty good night of tv though. We can crushed some LA frauds, watched Spartacus, and now I'm watching classic ball from 20 years ago - the largest come from behind win in franchise history. From lanky white guys to the greatest show on Earth, my we've come a long way.

OMG the weekend is here.

ib0UbmqhInFd9O.gif
Before you pass out turn off your phone so if the snakes at your work want you to come in, you're unreachable and they bother some other poor schmuck.

my job was great. sales. both tele-marketing and doing mornings on a small kiosk. had an objective, if i reached it after 2 weeks, i had the other 2 off.

then it changed. they made me go door-to-door, selling shit at people homes. jesus fuck... i even got spat on once. asked to go back to what i used to do, got laid off. January 2nd, even if i knew it on January 1st. fuck them.

I've worked sales and it was awful. We only made weekly commission if we met 31.1% sales rate and 92.1% attendence rate. And then weekly commission was tiered in $2, $5, $8 a sale tiers depending on a bunch of fucking metrics that you need an introductory statistics course to understand. And you had to work weekends. And 3-5 hours mandatory overtime on your offday every couple weeks. And if you did bad early in the day, you'd get sent home for the rest of the day without a chance to recover. Management looked for ways to fuck their workforce out of every penny. I will never work sales again. I'd rather be a drug dealer than work in sales again.

bone_and_sinew

OMG Dick Versace's hair is like an unshaved sheep:

versaceo.jpg
141251966m.jpg

It's weird seeing (rookie?) Reggie Miller playing like a total beta. I always remember him as the cocky asshole who talked shit to Spike and wasn't afraid of MJ. He passed on like 5 wide open 3s and every shot he took he looked scared and they clanked the rim. He even missed a free throw in double OT down 4 points with a minute left. The go-to-guy in crunchtime was Chuck Person and not Reggie.

Anytime a team blows a 29 point lead it's an epic choke but the way the Pacers blew it in the 4th was especially brutal. Up 5 points with like 30 seconds left, Pacers point Vern Fleming gets whistled with a 10 second violation since he was being full-court pressed. Heat SG Jon Sundvold curls off a screen and nails a 3. Pacers up 2 with about 20 seconds left. Heat intentionally foul Scott Skiles who even then was showing signs of baldness. Scott Skiles a 92% free throw shooter misses one of the two free throws. Pacers up 3 with about 15 seconds left. Jon Sundvold is freed from a screen at the top left and nails a 3 with about 2 seconds left with big man Herb Williams all over him.

It's funny that the Heat almost blew their epic comeback themselves. Heat up 4 points with 4 seconds left in second overtime and Reggie drains a 3 to cut it to 1. Heat attempt inbound with 1 second left but the pass is to high and no one catches the ball, turnover. Pacers inbound and Wayman Tisdale got the shit fouled out of him and missed from about 5 feet in front of the basket, no whistle.

Speaking off, R.I.P. Wayman Tisdale and Heat PF Pat Cummings.

muddream

Banned
I've worked sales and it was awful. We only made weekly commission if we met 31.1% sales rate and 92.1% attendence rate. And then weekly commission was tiered in $2, $5, $8 a sale tiers depending on a bunch of fucking metrics that you need an introductory statistics course to understand. And you had to work weekends. And 3-5 hours mandatory overtime on your offday every couple weeks. And if you did bad early in the day, you'd get sent home for the rest of the day without a chance to recover. Management looked for ways to fuck their workforce out of every penny. I will never work sales again. I'd rather be a drug dealer than work in sales again.

Did you try pulling yourself up by your bootstraps?

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Happy new year, MMA Bros.

I've got 1.5 litres of Famous Grouse and some Taiwan Gold Beer to celebrate...

...by myself. :(

FYI, if you don't know already there's a reason why you can't order Chinese food over the next few days.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.

The worst jobs you can ever have is:

a) One that has zero emotional value to you yet you're forced to submit yourself to. Aka the job I've got right now. I should take solace in the fact it's easy as fuck, but I'd rather be busy than bored.
b) One that has emotional value to you and you want to do well in, but there's no reciprocation from upper management. Which was my last job.

This time last year I worked until 2am filling out reports and ensuring everything was ok for a product launch. At the time I was feverishly awaiting the renewal of my passport as it only had 4 months left. (If I quit my job I would have to leave the country as my visa would terminate, and without at least 6 months left on a passport I wouldn't be able to go anywhere but back home.) The PE I got soon after quitting was just insult to injury.

bone_and_sinew

Did you try pulling yourself up by your bootstraps?
Why yes, I've strongly considered pursuing my entrepreneurial spirit and asking a best friend to front me a quarter pound of sticky-icky (which has been offered repeatedly in the past).

Some of my best friends started as sticky icky lenderers.

Happy year of the snake, BadMMA bros. Celebrating by hacking my lungs out and watching OneFC 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom