• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frank Murr just became more powerful than you can possibly imagine.
no that's AFTER fat boy danny strikes him down.

Mur will just dematerialize right inside The Octagon™ and become one with the force.

alistair skywalker will hear Mur's voice and with the former champ's help will find his way to the chin of darth two cans.

Mir is just gonna get clipped again and then act all wobbly and get finished.

I don't know, it just seems like that has been happening a lot to him lately.

Heel

There is literally nothing that mixed martial mastermind Greg Jackson can do to guide Frankie Stankie Sr. to victory over Cormier.

I can't wait to hear his pre-fight interviews. Remember this gem?

Frank Mir said:
“I’m a lot bigger than (Junior) Dos Santos and I hit a lot harder. I’m a taller, longer athlete … quicker; I’ll constantly pepper him with shots when he comes in and make him pay when I do hit him with something. When I hit Cheick Kongo, the punch alone threw him halfway across the Octagon. On the night of the fight, neither one of us are going to pull any punches. If I catch him with something, I’ll try to hurt him with it.”

Just played 30 min of Dead Space 3, fuck you guys. I hate these horror POS.

How am I supposed to be having fun if these fucking creatures are making me wonder why do I even want to turn around the damn corner.

Fuck horror games. Fuck headphones and horror games at night

Heel

...Resident Evil 4 is scary?

image.php

Your cover is blown, amigo.

I almost shat my pants when the chainsaw guy first appeared. I needed an oxygen mask at the end of the whole house raid thing.

I'll watch Martyrs and not bat an eye, but games get to me.

edit: I don't understand the anderson silva image and the cover blown part

Heel

I almost shat my pants when the chainsaw guy first appeared. I needed an oxygen mask at the end of the whole house raid thing.

I'll watch Martyrs and not bat an eye, but games get to me.

What about when you see woolly mammoths in high resolution, friend? WHAT THEN?

I thought Bioshock was pretty accessible. It was gripping at times, but I don't think you can say it's an horror game. It barely has any kind of horror elements.

Silent Hill was scary. I hate that game.

I partially agree with Canwrecker, the Chainsaw ladies were pretty scary. They reminded me of Sara and Mabel from GLOW. The house part was amazing though; too exciting to be scary.

Heel

You know what? I was totally thinking of Resident Evil 5. Apologies to our friend Can Wreka.

No idea if RE4 is actually scary. I bought the Wii edition, waggled through the first town and then let it collect dust.

Have I just confessed a gaming sin?

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
RE4 is about as scary as Dark Souls, meaning not scary at all. But it does have an immersive atmosphere and memorable enemy encounters you'd rather not go through again.

Heel you are beyond redemption so nothing is suprising.

SteveWD40

You know what? I was totally thinking of Resident Evil 5. Apologies to our friend Can Wreka.

No idea if RE4 is actually scary. I bought the Wii edition, waggled through the first town and then let it collect dust.

Not sure if it's a sin but RE4 is one of the best / scariest in the series. Regenerators will haunt your soul.

RE4 is about as scary as Dark Souls, meaning not scary at all. But it does have an immersive atmosphere and memorable enemy encounters you'd rather not go through again.
Ya, that's how I'd put it. I hated the fights where you just had to dodge attacks for a while until getting to one moment where you could fight back for a few seconds.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter

I'm with you friend, did the exact same thing. Fucking waggle....

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
The last truly scary game I played? Can't remember. Quite possibly Eternal Darkness or the REmake back in 2004. It's definitely not any of the RE games past 3 or the Dead Space games. Then again I'm not really in-tune with mainstream tastes regarding the histrionics of modern horror concepts in movies and games. At worst they're just a series of predictable shock-moments, at best they're rebranding high-paced suspense as horror.

I partially agree with Canwrecker, the Chainsaw ladies were pretty scary. They reminded me of Sara and Mabel from GLOW. The house part was amazing though; too exciting to be scary.

I found the chainsaw wielders to be shocking/partially scary initially, as they subverted conventional game wisdom. As in, at the time normal/non-boss enemies wouldn't have one-hit-kill moves. At the village scene I didn't even go into the house, I just ran around shooting folk with impunity. When I saw the chainsaw dude I basically ran straight into him saying "ah no biggie, what's he gonna do at worst, take off 25% of health?" then I got my head cut off. And that was a "oh shit" moment for me that led to tension whenever I heard the chainsaw sound effect.

I played it on the GC like everyone was supposed to.

Same here.

muddream

Banned
I only get tense in games like Amnesia where you can't really defend yourself. Even Killing Floor has startled me more often than the typical single player survival horror games thanks to random monster spawns.

bone_and_sinew

The first time I fought the Bella sisters I only saw one, had tunnel vision, killed her rather quickly, turned around, immediately got decapitated by the other one. A good "oh shit" moment.

bone_and_sinew

That's why I suggested it, so he can experience a legitimate shitbricking experience.

Also friends, I fell asleep from 9pm-1am and now I can't fall asleep again. Motherfuck. I think I'm going to watch Clay Guida and flyweight fights.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Also friends, I fell asleep from 9pm-1am and now I can't fall asleep again. Motherfuck. I think I'm going to watch Clay Guida and flyweight fights.

This is why I cannot ever allow myself to fall asleep before 22:30. I just wake up at 3am and can't fall asleep again. Feels bad, bro. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom