• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
That is true.
Instead of throwing your money away on subpar consoles you'll regret purchasing a few months later, buy a plane ticket and travel. As soon as I'm done saving up for my next car I'm going to start traveling. I'm tired of the same routine and faces.

ibfCyFg9zmllrX.gif

Why

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Instead of throwing your money away on subpar consoles you'll regret purchasing a few months later, buy a plane ticket and travel. As soon as I'm done saving up for my next car I'm going to start traveling. I'm tired of the same routine and faces.

I have a vacation planned for next month and another in June. That doesn't stop this money from burning a hole in my pocket RIGHT DAMN NOW.

Ash_69

That semtex ko was crazy. Fucking lifted the dude off the floor! If I've ever seen Parkinsons in one punch, that was it. GOD DAMN!

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
McKayla is very nice. I'm bout to get my Emma Watson on though. Listened to the last Harry Potter audio book, gonna spark up my pipe and watch the last 2 movies now.

You bro's can look up Madison Chandler she's all your round faced teen idols rolled into one and she does hard core. Kinda looks like Ronda as well.

Maidana just straight up sonned Broner.

*edit* Courtesy of Dudebro

dHQvzlw.gif

*edit*

So I successfully reset my psn password...except the email that i sent it to is ancient..and i have no idea what the password to the email is. I go to create a new account but discover that my actual gmail account is tied to the profile i made to download japanese demos like a billion years ago. Now if i could only figure out my ISP's email account password i could just make a new account and put this entire fiasco behind me. Also ive been playing killzone for two days before i realized my tv wasnt set to game mode on that specific port.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
So I successfully reset my psn password...except the email that i sent it to is ancient..and i have no idea what the password to the email is. I go to create a new account but discover that my actual gmail account is tied to the profile i made to download japanese demos like a billion years ago. Now if i could only figure out my ISP's email account password i could just make a new account and put this entire fiasco behind me. Also ive been playing killzone for two days before i realized my tv wasnt set to game mode on that specific port.

Yeah, that shit is the worst. I can't recover my Xbox Live account because I have no idea what email/password combo I used 8 fucking years ago. Really need to start writing this shit down somewhere. I lost my Netflix password the same way.

Also, I have too many game consoles and not enough mother fucking wall outlets. /firstworldproblem

Yeah, that shit is the worst. I can't recover my Xbox Live account because I have no idea what email/password combo I used 8 fucking years ago. Really need to start writing this shit down somewhere. I lost my Netflix password the same way.

Also, I have too many game consoles and not enough mother fucking wall outlets. /firstworldproblem

So now im entering my credit card info in psn and i keep getting an error that my number is wrong. After a little bit of Google Fu, I discovered that this is a fairly common error. What does sony do to help a brotha out? They lock your account out for 24 hours. I swear you cant make this shit up.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- When Cody McKenzie showed up for his UFC on FOX 9 fight against Sam Stout wearing basketball shorts, his boss was not amused.

But while Dana White wasn't happy with McKenzie's odd choice of attire, he was really mad at his crew for letting it happen.

"What that was, was UFC amateur hour," said White. "We have a guy backstage who polices that stuff."

Making matters worse is that McKenzie, who apparently forgot to bring his fight shorts to Sleep Train Arena and needed to buy the shorts at a nearby sporting goods store, entered the Octagon with the price tag still attached.

"First of all, if its not bad enough we've got a guy out there with basketball shorts on, how about he's got the price tag still on the shorts during the fight?" White asked.

It's not the first odd thing we've seen in the Octagon from McKenzie, who lost a unanimous decision to Stout for his fourth loss in his past six fights. White's come to expect it from the Spokane, Wash. native.

"Maybe he was going to fight in his jeans and he thought ‘maybe I should get some shorts,'" said White. "Cody McKenzie's a strange dude. It's not Cody McKenzie's fault that happened tonight. That's the UFC's fault."

For his part, Stout didn't seem too bothered by the whole escapade.

"I saw Herb Dean rip off the price tag on his shorts, but I didn't notice he had pockets," Stout said. "Cody does everything a bit different."

In case he hadn't already made it clear, White does not expect his fighters to show up dressed like first-timers competing at a local bar.

"I could not be more embarrassed by this than I am," White said. "It's very, very embarrassing and very amateur. "

Clearly Mr. McKenzie needs more ammotogo.com and bony acai logos on his shorts to make him appear professional.

muddream

Banned
I'm taking Mighty Mouse off my shitlist, going for the finish in the 5th last time wasn't an anomaly. He risked getting punched in return to deliver that KO.

Clearly Mr. McKenzie needs more ammotogo.com and bony acai logos on his shorts to make him appear professional.
The condom depot and pyramid scheme logos are totally reputable. I hate this dress code in sports. Lets go wear a suit before we try to take a guys head off. If wearing shorts with a tag on it is McKenzie's character than so be it.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I have to agree with Rafa. As much as I like a good suit, not everyone should dress like a member of the Four Horsemen. Especially not when they're as low on the card as Cody is.

dream

Ratings were not good, as the show did a 1.0 in the target 18-49 demo and 2.41 million viewers in the overnight ratings.

Keep in mind this number will be adjusted upward slightly because it covers Fox stations on the West Coast from 8-10 p.m., when the show aired from 5-7 p.m. It also would not cover the period after 10 p.m., although the show didn't go much past that point so the change won't be as big as usual.

The number should beat the lower rated shows FOX has done in the summer, but is greatly below the football season numbers, which on fast nationals usually are just under 4 million viewers.

Enough of the little guys. They are ratings poison.

Its a disaster for FOX. They paid money for this shit expecting ratings. Elite XC was pulling 6 million viewers like 5 years ago.

What do they expect with the cards they are putting out there. UFC needed to bite the bullet and put some GSP or Anderson Silva fights on for free if they really wanted to grow the sport on television. This isn't he NFL where people will tune in to watch anyone play. The highest profile card they put out there was the first one (JDS/Cain) and that one ended in 30 seconds. Since then the fights have been no better than cards you would have seen on WEC or Fight Nights on Spike back in the day.

Vio-Lence

Banned
What do they expect with the cards they are putting out there. UFC needed to bite the bullet and put some GSP or Anderson Silva fights on for free if they really wanted to grow the sport on television. This isn't he NFL where people will tune in to watch anyone play. The highest profile card they put out there was the first one (JDS/Cain) and that one ended in 30 seconds. Since then the fights have been no better than cards you would have seen on WEC or Fight Nights on Spike back in the day.

We've discussed this ad nauseum in OT2, OT3, and OT4. It would be to the UFC's benefit to put on higher quality cards on free television to grow the brand & sport, but Dana and company have been serving up shit sandwiches.

muddream

Banned
We've discussed this ad nauseum in OT2, OT3, and OT4. It would be to the UFC's benefit to put on higher quality cards on free television to grow the brand & sport, but Dana and company have been serving up shit sandwiches.

I'm pretty sure most people know the sport by now, cage fighting is just a niche thing. The Brock/Kimbo era was a fad, just like Tokyo Dome Pride era. I only see the brand & sport growing internationally, which is what they seem to be focusing on right now.

The UFC is fucking up by serving their core audience shit sandwiches more often than not.

Top Bottom