• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Brother Heel, please post if you're still alive.

Tony Romo is the most fraudulent quarterback I've ever seen in my entire life. Tom Brady had me legit shook when he had the ball left with 1:15 and 3 timeouts. I expect Tony Romo to soil his pants in December every year and every year he fails miserably.

@smartfootball said:
Romo INT actually a packaged play: Was a called running play but Romo decided to throw, but then didn't pull trigger on slant. Watch OL

In other words was Romo's option to hand off or try to throw slant backside. He chose slant but didn't throw it, then scramble and bad ball

Can put it on Cowboys coaches for calling a play with a run/pass option, but it was Romo's decision to throw instead of hand off on play

Everything on that play was fine, even whiffed sack, except for then throwing the ball late to slant over the middle

edit: he just threw ANOTHER interception with 1:30 left!

Heel

TiOWVDO.png

Heel

That's mah quarterback. I can't feel pain anymore because it's comical at this point.

I'd say beat Philly next week to give us a shot, but I'm not dense enough to believe we have a chance in hell to do anything this year.

Clean house, Jerry.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
That's mah quarterback. I can't feel pain anymore because it's comical at this point.

I'd say beat Philly next week to give us a shot, but I'm not dense enough to believe we have a chance in hell to do anything this year.

Clean house, Jerry.
Y5cFb15.png

Heel

Boogie thoroughly outplaying Dwight Howard after a night of Bad MMA and gettin' turnt up with family man Jon Jones.

@JonnyBones - Turn up time @boogiecousins
@boogiecousins - @JonnyBones fasho!

You called it, dream.

yjbKuio.png

ShaneB

That Cowboys loss was hilarious. A shame though, when i'm home on Sunday I was hoping that watching the Cowboys game with my friend would've meant something. edit: forgot that the Eagles lost yesterday too, so it does mean something! Ah well. Maybe he'll want to watch RedZone instead which I'd prefer!

MjFrancis

Why does Faber always fight so great when he's not in a title fight?
Isn't that amazing? It really shows the difference between the rabble and the elite in his divisions. There's only a handful of fighters who can best him - guys like Barão, Cruz and Aldo - and beyond that he's just separating the wheat from the chaff - and running into a lot of chaff.

ShaneB

Why does Faber always fight so great when he's not in a title fight?

*sigh* Against the Vikings no less. And not just a loss but they got Benavidezed.

Faber is shaping up to be a pretty solid gatekeeper, so I imagine he'll have a pretty long tenure in the UFC, nothing wrong with that.

And yesterday was full of wacky results and bizarre upsets starting with the TNF game too.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
These crushed blacks on Killer Instinct.
ibk4MNXpve7z8G.png

I'm calling cism.

Should have gotten them PS4s instead of PS3s :p

Yeah, that was the only negative. I guess even Viacom can't find a PS4 in stock.

Taffer even dropped some stats for us. Average age of a gamer is 34 years old. Taking the kideo out of video games.

ShaneB

Taffer even dropped some stats for us. Average age of a gamer is 34 years old. Taking the kideo out of video games.

Stats like that always annoy me. Is it more validation that older folks need to be ok with still playing games or something? Does anyone care about the average age of a "tv watcher", "movie watcher", "music listener", "book reader", etc etc. No, because "demographics" exist, but since demographics in video games is apparently a foreign concept and it's only for kids, this average age stat keeps coming up.

Bah!

Rant over.

Heel

UFC pay-per-view price to increase $5 just for UFC 168, Primetime on 'hiatus'

A big surprise, given the high-profile nature of the main event, is that UFC is not doing a three-week Primetime series. "It's on hiatus," White said, noting at this point there are no plans to do the shows for the time being.

"They are so expensive to produce," he said, noting the limited viewership the shows have been getting since moving to Fox Sports 1 have made the shows no longer cost-effective. The Primetime shows were generally doing more than 500,000 viewers per episode when they aired on FX, and years ago during the biggest grudge matches in company history, like Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir and Rampage Jackson vs. Rashad Evans, they did more than double that figure on Spike. But the shows building up Cain Velasquez vs. Junior Dos Santos and St-Pierre vs. Johny Hendicks were generally doing less than 150,000 viewers since they are on a less established network.

Embrace the looming Dark Age 2.0, friends.

Dysun

Who woulda thought Spike was a better partner than Fox

It's good for me though, get to watch more free MMA in HD even if it's greatly watered down

These crushed blacks on Killer Instinct.
ibk4MNXpve7z8G.png

I'm calling cism.

Yeah, that was the only negative. I guess even Viacom can't find a PS4 in stock.

That's the average age of the person that buys video games. 30 is the average age of those that play them.

Heel

Can't wait for this.

GLORY 13 TOKYO
Headline Bout: Peter Aerts vs. Rico Verhoeven
Tournament Final Bout C: Semifinal Bout A Winner vs. Semifinal Bout B Winner
Co-Headline Bout: Daniel Ghita vs. Errol Zimmerman
Feature Bout: Dustin Jacoby vs. Makoto Uehara
Tournament Semifinal Bout B: Joseph Valtellini vs. Raymond Daniels
Tournament Semifinal Bout A: Nieky Holzken vs. Karapet Karapetyan

TOKYO SUPERFIGHT SERIES
Jerome Le Banner vs. Sergei Kharitonov
Ewerton Teixeira vs. Hesdy Gerges
Remy Bojansky vs. Anderson Silva (Remy's "Japanese retirement bout")
Aleksandr Stetcurenko vs. Karim Ghajji
Artur Kyshenko vs. Kenmun
Yuta Kubo vs. Mosab Amrani

Didn't Aerts already have his "Japanese retirement bout"...? lol

So many feels...

Old K1 in Tokyo with Lebanner, Remy, Cro Cop, Hoost, Sefo, Hunt and Aerts as regulars...
K1 Max with Buakaw, Silver Wolf Masato, Souwer and Krauss...

Everything meets its end...the promos were fantastic! The japanese just know how to do them!

Top Bottom