• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

Heel

Let's also not forget that Silver somehow won the first round on a judge's scorecard via hand gestures.

Still gotta go with a Weidman decision win, or perhaps submission (Anderson no tap).

In a few years we should consider putting together an old man kit. Throw in a subscription to a really douchy magazine where old people pretend theyre cool by giving youg people terrible advice...like maxim. Some boner pills and a voucher for a complimentary TRT trial session.

Vio-Lence

Banned
In a few years we should consider putting together an old man kit. Throw in a subscription to a really douchy magazine where old people pretend theyre cool by giving youg people terrible advice...like maxim. Some boner pills and a voucher for a complimentary TRT trial session.

lumpy oatmeal bodies, faux-hawks, and mma-shirts :)

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Let's also not forget that Silver somehow won the first round on a judge's scorecard via hand gestures.

Still gotta go with a Weidman decision win, or perhaps submission (Anderson no tap).
Really? What the hell. It's bad enough when Silva stans say he was tooling Weidman in the stand-up because he danced all the time and landed a few leg kicks.

No idea who's going to win though. Weidman's striking will only have gotten better. If Silva can resist the temptation to go full clown it should be a great fight.

Dysun

I'm riding the Silver train to the end. He wont fuck around and get the knockout if Wildman doesn't take him down/wall and stall him for 5 rounds.

Heel

After taking another L, I would like to see Silver stick around for a freakshow fight with Hoy Jones. Maybe have a gentlemen's agreement to keep it standing, UK-1 rules? I'm curious to see if the Serpentine One will shoot a cowardly double after getting lit up by a 45 year old HJJ.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Weidman should dominate Silver like he did last time. The GSP/Canderson era is finished. Reminds me of Hogan/Savage leaving the WWF and their struggle to build new stars in their place. Even the declining buyrates match.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Weidman should dominate Silver like he did last time. The GSP/Canderson era is finished. Reminds me of Hogan/Savage leaving the WWF and their struggle to build new stars in their place. Even the declining buyrates match.

Sweet. I can't wait until Rhonda shows up on a Bellator event and throws the UFC belt in the trash.

dream

You guys are fucking nuts. The fluke KO has convinced you all that Wildman isn't just a bigger version of Frank Trigg.

Heel

You guys are fucking nuts. The fluke KO has convinced you all that Wildman isn't just a bigger version of Frank Trigg.

Friend, you're forgetting that I believed so much in the Christopher Wildmen that I graciously accepted Tyler's ban bet before the fight took place.

Hey, why hasn't that bet been honored? ;b

dream

Friend, you're forgetting that I believed so much in the Christopher Wildmen that I graciously accepted Tyler's ban bet before the fight took place.

Hey, why hasn't that bet been honored? ;b

You have my sympathies. I too know what it's like to win a ban bet and watch the losing party completely disregard it.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Looking forward to Silver Age coming and dismantling Weidman to the tears of a million salty fans. Then, when Dana snatches the belt off of Wimpman and gives it back to the Spider, Anderson will look the camera in the eye and say, "It good, I'm back."

muddream

Banned
Something tells me Wildman will act like too much of a cock guy and eat a foot while he's counter-clowning Silva. I'm still putting some dough on the white one at those odds, but it's a strange fight to pick.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Barnett vs. Browne is the fight I'm looking forward to the most. Both guys could easily be No. 1 contenders and there's no clear-cut winner.

Winner of that fight faces Werdum, and loser faces JDS.

Heel

Glory 13: Tokyo TV ratings draw big on Spike TV

According to Nielsen sources, Glory 13: Tokyo ratings saw a 38% viewership increases across the board including 659,000 total viewers, with peaks of 905,000 at 9:11 p.m. and 873,000 at 10:42 p.m.

Again, this is a very sizeable gain from Glory 12, which hit 476,000 total viewers and a peak of only 665,000 total viewers. For those keeping track, Glory 11, the Spike TV debut, drew over 381k total viewers, with a peak number of 782k total viewers.

ABGhxDAl.png

I think after the shocking KO in the first fight, people seemed to forget that the entire first round the Wildman dominated Silver and wreslted the fuck out of him with ease. I expect this fight to go a lot like that and Wildman retains via UD.

Yup. Silva is out of his prime and gives no fucks anymore. Weidman can also just play it safe and decision him for the win. The smart be is on him.

My bets

$20 - Diego
$30 - Brown (I still hope Barnett smashes his ass)
$100 - Tate
$30 - Weidman

Might change it to $50 on Tate and $50 on Weidman

Watching Glory. Ghita fucking killed Zimmerman. Holy shit anyone have a gif of that last hit? Holzken is a bad man. My DVR cut off the last round of Rico and that old dude.

lol PBF "It's a contact sport"

There's over a 50% chance that Silva retires on Saturday right? Wtf else does he need to do? Fight a lab experiment Belfort if he beats Wildman? Why?

UFC is gonna lose their top two stars in the span of 2 weeks. Lol

Heel

The real reason why Miesha Tate can't stand Ronda Rousey

"Every single woman that fights MMA has done just as much work as Ronda has, we just haven't gotten as much turnaround," Tate told FOX Sports on Monday. "Those women who came before her haven’t been on magazine covers, they weren't plastered everywhere by the UFC. They didn't get the same reward back. She got 10 times back what she was putting in and maybe everyone else was getting 1 to 1."

Tate and LaRosa have bad blood, but Tate still puts her on that pedestal as an originator. Tate believes a win for herself Saturday is a win for all the women who fought "for breadcrumbs" and "only for the love of the sport."

Tate said Rousey appeals to the pro wrestling demographic.

"A lot of fans out there have the WWE mentality," Tate said. "Those are the fans that fell hook line and sinker and loved her. She was that controversial one, that s**t talker, she started drama."

I dunno, I feel like Honda became a big deal before anyone noticed she was a shifty weirdo. Perhaps it's because she's an Olympic medalist who has snapped arms at will inside of the first round?

Rousey seems like she was a secluded child that's best friend was a padded mat so I'm not sure where Tate is coming from. Tate tried to push herself as someone with sex appeal to get more notoriety so she's definitely not fighting for those shitty/salty bitches that can't even fight in a mud wrestling competition.

Tate is with some guy who is shady as all f*ck, however much of a bitch Rousey is, Tate is that much worse just due to her company alone.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
At least she recognizes greatness.

Also more retirement talk out of her:
The champ also touched on her future in MMA, saying she has things she wants to do before she retires and once those are achieved, she'll consider moving on from the sport.

"It's hard to have an exact clock," Rousey said. "I definitely have certain short-term goals I know need to be met. After those are met, then I'll reevaluate."

One of those is being the only undefeated woman in the UFC. Assuming she means her division, that leaves Zingano and Sara McMann who don'tt have losses currently.

"After that, I can reassess and look at my next goal," Rousey said.
Dana's stars are so eager to drop out.

Top Bottom