• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

MjFrancis

John Hathaway vs. Dong Hyun Kim to headline the TUF: China Finale in March.

That Fight Pass practically pays for itself at this rate.
I'm so close to buying that Fight Pass, I don't even know what's holding me back at this point. I look forward to the Chinese TUF and I'm on board with any card Dong Hyun Kim is on at this point.

MjFrancis

Don Hyun Kim stopped the Erick Silva train cold. Uncle Dana's just handing him the opportunity for another highlight reel knockout. Not to knock Hathaway, since he now has the opportunity to prove he's relevant in this fight - looking over his record, this will be the first time he's fought anyone considered a top ten fighter.

Either story works no matter who wins this fight.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Don Hyun Kim stopped the Erick Silva train cold.

It was my second favourite KO of 2013 after Bigfoot destroying Overeem. Not only was it an amazing KO, but it was fucking Kim Dong-Hyun. Who would have thought he had hands like that?

Not to knock Hathaway, since he now has the opportunity to prove he's relevant in this fight - looking over his record, this will be the first time he's fought anyone considered a top ten fighter.

It's also the first time he's fought since September 2012. Combine that with the disparity in talent levels and the fact that Kim Dong-Hyun is the Asian guy headlining an Asian card, and it seems that part of Hathaway's contract for this fight included getting an all-you-can-eat buffet of ham and eggs as a fight bonus.

MjFrancis

Yeah I really like Stun Gun. For better or worse, the dude just charges forward
After that last KO, I don't see how anyone could hate on the guy.

It's also the first time he's fought since September 2012. Combine that with the disparity in talent levels and the fact that Kim Dong-Hyun is the Asian guy headlining an Asian card, and it seems that part of Hathaway's contract for this fight included getting an all-you-can-eat buffet of ham and eggs as a fight bonus.
Good point, I didn't consider how long it's been since Hathaway last fought. Dude will be happy enough just getting a paycheck and some travel time.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I just discovered I can't watch tomorrow's card unless I pay for a stupid Fight Pass. Why are they forcing people to pay extra for a bottom tier card?

kamspy

Never posted in a GAF MMA thread that I can remember, but what do you guys think of Lawler going right for a title shot? I'm an old man like he is, and I'm one of those old Pride nerds, but I still don't see how beating up Rory get's you a title shot.

In my perfect world, Hendricks would fight Condit (since they both beat GSP) and Lawler would fight Ellenberger. The winner of those two fights would fight for the belt.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Never posted in a GAF MMA thread that I can remember, but what do you guys think of Lawler going right for a title shot? I'm an old man like he is, and I'm one of those old Pride nerds, but I still don't see how beating up Rory get's you a title shot.

In my perfect world, Hendricks would fight Condit (since they both beat GSP) and Lawler would fight Ellenberger. The winner of those two fights would fight for the belt.

I think you need to watch that fight again.

kamspy

I think you need to watch that fight again.

Yeah, I hadn't watched it since the night of the fight, but after watching the highlights I can see it going either way. I remember being iffy about the decision that night, and I guess the Hendricks decision kinda helped color my memory.

It's weird lobbying against Lawler getting a shot so soon because I'd love nothing more than to see him complete the comeback and win a belt. Maybe it's the Cincinnati sports fan self deprecation coming out in me.

muddream

Banned

Questionable New Year's resolution judging by that post. Robbie automatically became the best WW in the world when he discovered kicks earlier this year. Rory is a certified "new breed" fighter, so that win is even more impressive than winning a title.

Condit was useless against GSP apart from that fluke kick and got this shot by running away from and getting bitchslapped by Nick Diaz.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
UFC Fight Night: Saffiedine vs Lim will be available on UFC.TV for all countries except Brazil and India. Viewers in the US, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand can access the event (prelims and main card) through UFC Fight Pass on UFC.TV which has a free trial until February 28th. All other countries can watch the prelims for free and purchase the main card.

UFC Fight Night Prelims - 6:30AM ET/ 3:30AM PT/ 11:30AM GMT

US, Canada, Australia & New Zealand - UFC Fight Pass
Brazil - Combate
All Countries (Except US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, India and Brazil) - UFC.TV
Philippines - Balls
Malaysia - Astro Supersport
South Korea - Superaction and SPOTV
Mexico - Live on UFC Network
Bolivia - Live on UFC Network
Chile - Live on UFC Network
Ecuador - Live on UFC Network
Paraguay - Live on UFC Network
Peru - Live on UFC Network
Rep. Dominicana - Live on UFC Network
Venezuela - Live on UFC Network
Belgium - UFC.TV

UFC Fight Night Main Card - 9AM ET/ 6AM PT/ 2PM GMT

US, Canada, Australia & New Zealand - UFC Fight Pass
Brazil - Combate
All Countries (Except US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, India and Brazil) - UFC.TV
Australia - Live on FOX Sport and FUEL TV
Canada - Live on Sportsnet 360
UK - Delayed airing on BT Sports 1 at 9PM GMT
France - Delayed airing on RTL9 on Jan 5th at 22:35
New Zealand - Live on Sky Sports 4
Mexico - Live on UFC Network
Bolivia - Live on UFC Network
Chile - Live on UFC Network
Ecuador - Live on UFC Network
Paraguay - Live on UFC Network
Peru - Live on UFC Network
Rep. Dominicana - Live on UFC Network
Venezuela - Live on UFC Network
Malaysia - Live on Astro-Supersport
Philippines - Live on Balls
Korea - Live on Superaction and SPOTV Plus
Singapore - Delayed airing on Mediacorp
India - Live on Sony Six
Israel - Live on Sport 5
China - Live on Liaoning TV, SOHU, and PPTV
China - Delayed on Guangdon TV, Hainan, Hebei TV, Jiangsu TV, Shanxi TV, Shenzen and Thianjin
Cambodia - Live on Hang Meas HDTV
Indonesia - Live on MNC Sports and delayed on RCTI
Mongolia - Live on Sansar HD
Belgium - Live on UFC.TV

Way to go mainstream by hiding your content on a paid web service. I know there's a free trial, but still.

Dysun

Lets see how little viewership these cards draw on their 'netflix'
meanwhile people will watch how they always do

muddream

Banned
I thought they could make their Wild Bill's Fight Network interesting by exclusively matching up funny names like when Honey Jason and Godofredo Pepey were fighting for the TUF Braziu title, but then I remembered that it costs actual money.

Lawler is exciting and marketable, of course he deserves a shot. Rory was GSP's bitch boy, so it makes sense to go from the sidekick to the big shot.
his fight with Hendricks won't go beyond the 2nd round, IF it reaches it.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
They really need to bring the quality on these Fight Pass shows. Being able to watch old mma shows isn't appealing enough for me to pay $10 bucks a month.

They're spread way too thin as is so I can't say my hopes are high.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
This movie is good
518vluF2ZOL._SX215_.jpg

Watch it instead of that terrible card.

industrian

I can't even sign up to this Fight Pass and I'm in an area where the timezone is perfect for watching it...

...but if I want to watch this single event I can pay $9.99 (for SD) or $12.99 (for HD) to miraculously watch it on UFC.tv

I will get fight pass. They need go have ultimate fighter from other countries on there though. China looks like a good season full of stars. If the Ultimate needs fill ins, they should really think of adding Nick Newell.
I may go for it too. If I can pay for Netflix and barely use it I can pay $10/mon for a Fight Night and occasional extras.

One year ago I had a dream about Kathy Lee Gifford and Hoda. Don't ever mix Ambien and Everclear.
Oh when I read this I thought you meant Foda. Never saw Hoda before. Gross either way though.

Hopefully they get the rights to Extreme Indigeneous Fighting, which is a combination of backyard fighting and Japanese ring doctors doing Carawayesque things.
At least when the Japanese do this it kinda makes sense cuz the guy got hit there. This is more like the caraway version of Ultimate Surrender meets Sleep Creep.

industrian

It appears that Gil Melendez is ducking Khabib Nurmayaddayaddamedov. Fight has been cancelled. :/

That and Din Thomas has met Father Time and decided just to shake his hand and walk away. Good luck to him in the future.

TjQwpvS.jpg

industrian

The TUF: China Finale keeps getting better:

Hatsu Hioki vs. Ivan Menjivar
Nam Yui Chul vs. Kazuki Tokudome
Shawn Jordan vs. Matt Mitrione

Top Bottom