• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

The fact that the Fight Pass is only available in English-speaking countries makes me laugh so much. And that's before you factor in the idea that it's supposed to be a major part of the UFC's Global Expansion plan.

Amazing plan by the UFC there. Amazing decision making skills.

muddream

Banned
Will they remain free? Or are they going to charge us for that as well from now on? Because I certainly won't pay much for a PPV I can only watch at 4am.

It's like no one there actually thought this whole thing through.

The upcoming events claim to be "free" for me.

Will they remain free? Or are they going to charge us for that as well from now on? Because I certainly won't pay much for a PPV I can only watch at 4am.

It's like no one there actually thought this whole thing through.

When they give you Fight Pass they will probably yank the free PPV would be my guess. But who the fuck knows, its confusing.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Amazing plan by the UFC there. Amazing decision making skills.

I can see some potential reasoning behind it. Namely that this initial roll-out to established markets to get the biggest ROI and to test out their network infrastructure before expanding it.

But if the reasoning behind this shit is because of existing media deals with TV channels in countries, then the UFC can fuck right off. It's bad enough being geoblocked from watching Fuel TV highlights on Youtube without being locked out of a direct channel.

That or maybe they're not available in non-English countries because they've not localised anything yet. But that shouldn't be a stumbling block to a potential profit from bilingual speakers.

TheChits

Lmao at this dude pulling Jojo poses
1.gif

Top Bottom