• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Ronda Rousey talks love of Fedor Emelianenko, desire to have ’57 of his babies’

Qbfa2Jk.jpg

That looks like how I imagine Fedor's gym would look, used to hang out laundry.

How fuckin difficult can it be to remaster all Pride/WEC events and make them part of the fight pass content.

With all numbered UFC/Pride events including tournaments it would make a great product...you know...since they bought the freaking Pride content for millionz of dollahs!

Imagine a great site layout...with all of the fight posters and complete infos of the events. 720/1080 resolution and bath in money holmes!
Im not fond

Im not fond of Zuffas financial status but maybe they could buy the Pancrase rights and co. and make it the ultimate MMA content website.
I think the Fight Pass dream is dead brah the only thing that could force them to overhaul it is the eventual end of the Fox deal....

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I have to agree with our limousine ridin, jet flyin friend Host Samurai that old MMA isn't really appealing to me. At least not where I would want to pay a monthly fee for it. Fight Pass needs more new content to be appealing and I'm not talking about overseas can fights.

muddream

Banned
The Pride tournaments and Shockwave-size events will never get old, but watching old Zuffa UFCs does nothing for me...like watching a Fight Pass event in terms of fanfare & skill.

Ultimate needs to step up their production game as well. Pride felt like an event. Id be hard pressed to differentiate a PPV from a fight night production wise. Theyre kinda trying with the god awful promos. Also its time to retire 'into pizzas'.

You also have to realize the content. WWE has decades of content and thats not even counting WCW, ECW, AWA etc. It hard to compare that with the UFC which has 169 shows (not counting Fox or crappy FX cards) than you have some of PRIDE, while awesome, just doesn't have nearly enough content to keep subscribers longer than a few months. A few people will dig WEC but it hardly has the fanfare of PRIDE. Than there is Strikeforce and Affliction which still doesn't have much content.

I see what Dana is trying to do, but MMA just moves too fast. We are already in the UFC Universe era where guys like Anderson and GSP have stepped away.

http://www.mmamania.com/2014/1/9/52...-watch-women-fight-they-should-be-topless-mma

How many knockouts do you see in women's fights? It's not really my thing, I respect what they do, but look, they don't have the body type or the power, all that shit, for knockouts. If you're not a good grappler in women's MMA then you're behind. It's no different than the 125 [pound] division of men's MMA in that they're just really not built for knockouts."

-Matt Brown​

Interesting trivia:

Top Five UFC Weight Classes, Ranked By KO% in 2013:

1) 265 lbs: 68%

2) 125 lbs: 50%

3) Women's 135 lbs: 38%

4) 205: 36%

5) 170: 31% << Matt Brown's division

L
O
L

Has their ever been a female cornerman with a male fighter?

Miesha Tate has cornered Bryan Caraway and given him some awful advice. Like when she told him he was winning easily against Mizugaki saying "You won the first two rounds, you can coast this round!" between rds. two and three. Caraway ended up losing the decision.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Looks like a good tournament from Bellator. And before the final we have Minakov vs. Kongo for the championship.

CFaqjgi.jpg

MjFrancis

Interesting trivia:

Top Five UFC Weight Classes, Ranked By KO% in 2013:

1) 265 lbs: 68%

2) 125 lbs: 50%

3) Women's 135 lbs: 38%

4) 205: 36%

5) 170: 31% << Matt Brown's division
Also:

T/KO Percentages:

Amanda Nunes: 89%
Cyborg Santos: 83%
Holly Holm: 83%
Lauren Taylor: 75%
Liz Carmouche: 67%
Sarah Kaufman: 63%
Matt Brown: 61%
There's nothing better than raw facts to expose stupidity. Someone should send this to Matt Brown so that he can prepare his apology in short order.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
In other news, Martin Kampmann has joined the GSP club and is taking some time off.

And James Te Huna has joined the "I'm a shit LHW" club and is cutting down to Middleweight.

MjFrancis

And James Te Huna has joined the "I'm a shit LHW" club and is cutting down to Middleweight.
That's a great decision on his part. He was going down the road to LHW gatekeeper status. He was just beat by Glover and Shogun looked ten years younger knocking him out. If he couldn't beat that competition there was no way he'd be able to stand up to Jon Jones.

Middleweight is looking better with the departure of Anderson Silva as reigning champ, especially since Jon Jones has the LHW division locked down and outclassed. Chris Weidman doesn't have the legacy of locking down a division so it should be fun to see if he can stay on top with all the LHW's dropping weight.

Middleweight is looking better with the departure of Anderson Silva as reigning champ, especially since Jon Jones has the LHW division locked down and outclassed. Chris Weidman doesn't have the legacy of locking down a division so it should be fun to see if he can stay on top with all the LHW's dropping weight.

if there's any justice in this world, Jacaré will choke Weedman unconscious and reing the MW division for years to come, till we finally get the match everyone's been waiting for all their lives: Jacaré vs Mousasi II.

UFC did have disappointing numbers for some big fights in the latter part of the year, but UFC 168 killed any notion of pay-per-view dying. The show, even with a price to the highest price in UFC history, is expected to top 1 million buys and could end up as the second-biggest show, behind UFC 100, in history. Just three months earlier, the Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Canelo Alvarez fight, the most expensive pay-per-view ticket in history, topped 2.2 million buys, grossing by far the most money of any event of its kind in history.

who knew, big draws draw big.

now instead of Silva v Widman II try to market UFC 168 around Rockhold v Philippou.

Vince is leading the way, Dana will meet him there in a few years.

Combat sports is alive and well. It was always about certain fighters and matchups that keep this thing alive.

Imagine the Pac/Floyd matchup having being made at the right time...tops 3 million buys?

Top Bottom