• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

Heel

Hopefully this isn't a case of "meet the new boss, same as the old boss". I'd like to think it's only uphill from here. He's probably been looking to for somewhere to land since C.J. Rossgate.

lol @ it having anything to do with Victor Gracie.

Heel

NSAC chairman Aguilar: "Keith was not forced into this decision. But we do respect it and we will conduct a national search."

Kizer on stepping down: "It's time to move on. It's time to back to being an attorney."

@JohnMcCarthyMMA: Oh my, what a great day!!! LMMFAO !!!!!

iS1HY8HFYhOoQ.gif

Dysun

Kind of a noob in this things. This doesn't mean anything for the unified rules right?

No just means the best ref in MMA can ref the big events in Las Vegas and Dana has to find a new whipping boy
maybe Vitor can fight there now too while juiced up

Heel

I just want a director that holds their selected officials accountable for their actions, and will actually seek to replace them instead of defending them to the bitter end with seemingly no repercussions.

C.J. Ross is the prime example. Responsible for one of the biggest robberies on the world stage in 2012, appointed to judge one of the biggest fights of the generation in 2013. Blows that too.

Pac spits at Keith 'til his mouth runs dry.

I just want a director that holds their selected officials accountable for their actions, and will actually seek to replace them instead of defending them to the bitter end with seemingly no repercussions.

C.J. Ross is the prime example. Responsible for one of the biggest robberies on the world stage in 2012, appointed to judge one of the biggest fights of the generation in 2013. Blows that too.

Pac spits at Keith 'til his mouth runs dry.

Truth.

C.J. Ross shouldn't be asked to judge a pie baking contest at the Nevada State Fair, much less a huge fight.

I want two things to happen to now that Keith is gone

1. Zero tolerance for TRT use. That includes guys that are 'legit' like Murr, Henderson, and Sonnen.

2. Kim Winslow is not allowed to ref UFC events anymore.

EDIT: Some kind of judge accountability or open scoring would be welcome as well.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Kind of a noob in this things. This doesn't mean anything for the unified rules right?

To be perfectly honest it's actually relatively meaningless. The only reason why this is even news is because:

1) Nevada, with having jurisdiction over Las Vegas, is the most important Athletic Commission in America. To this end, their decisions carry a lot of weight and influence. One example of this is the idea that Vitor Belfort cannot be licensed/TRT exempted anywhere in America, purely because Keith Kizer said that he would not be licensed/TRT exempted in Nevada. (IIRC)

2) Keith Kizer is a contentious figure who has defended and reused shitty judges and referees whilst apparently blackballing people who have issues with him, such as John McCarthy.

And whilst we're on the subject of Big John, let's see what he thinks:

"I have nothing against the Nevada State Athletic Commission. I think they're a great commission. I think they take too much from one person. That person is the one who picks their referees, he's the one who picks their judges, and they've had some problems. Well, that's Keith Kizer's problem...I'd never work for Keith Kizer. Never...If he's in charge of [the commission], if he's the executive director, I want nothing to do with it.

[...]

There comes a point when someone lies so much you get tired of hearing it, McCarthy said when asked about the impetus for his comments. Keith Kizer is a person that does not know combative sports. He's never been a part of them, he's never done them...If you keep putting those same people back, you don't care about the fighters. You don't care about them as athletes, you don't care about their livelihood and you know what? You shouldn't be in that job."

i want the opposite, everyone on TRT. can you imagine a card full of dudes fighting at Vitor's speed and pace and power?

This backwards notion that "all natural" is a thing is fucking funny. Let these mates juice damn it, it's not like they aren't already taking a bunch of non natural shit anyway innit?

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Put me on Team TRT too. It would rejuvenate this stagnant boring sport. Everyone was roiding in PRIDE and look at the scraps we got.

*nswf* *nswf* *nswf* *nswf* *nswf* *nswf* *nswf* *nswf*

http://www.nsfwyoutube.com/watch?v=cFlUOVJyV4I

*nswf* *nswf* *nswf* *nswf* *nswf* *nswf* *nswf* *nswf*

Alright, Ive seen everything in this existence...EVERYTHING!!!

PS: Tha KO kills me. The guy ducked right into that shot...gud lawd!

Fml

Put me on Team TRT too. It would rejuvenate this stagnant boring sport. Everyone was roiding in PRIDE and look at the scraps we got.

The days of Shogun looking jacked up... DANA PLS

Next

honestly I think that boring fights have more to do with the rules/judging than PEDs. And I think people here are missing the fact that everyone can get on TRT right now if they want.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Judged another amateur show tonight. Got to work with a guy who has worked a few UFC's. Gabe something. He was an arrogant cocksucker. I wish it had been Cecil Peoples instead.

It Sucks that Andy doesn't know when to quit. Another legend that can't just hang it up. The future of getting decisioned by Bisping is inevitable.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
It Sucks that Andy doesn't know when to quit. Another legend that can't just hang it up. The future of getting decisioned by Bisping is inevitable.

He should go to LHW.

But eh, unless Weedman has some Thor power in his hands it looks like soon as you touch Silva behind the ear he's rocked.

bros, I don't think I can make it to Wednesday. My family is full of crazy neurotics that I can't tolerate. Can't wait to go home to LA. I'll miss my son but I am fucking done with these people.

Top Bottom