• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

Heel

Irony is that most mma athletes blow the rest of these pampered pussies out the water. Let me see Lebron swim from alcatraz.

2gt3g5v_jpg77stm.gif

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
via Ariel
Titan FC officially announces that they've come to an 8-fight deal with CBS Sports Network, beginning with the Feb. 28 Ricci vs Gurgel show.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Would like to see Werdum get a title shot but I think Browne might be a bad matchup for him. I guess they're expecting that by the time Cain is back in action and has faced the winner of this another contender will have emerged.

Uh oh - I just realized that Browne/Werdum event is in Florida. I think the last time UFC was there was for that UFC in Your Hometown event and it was a disaster. The Florida State Boxing Commission was outrageously unprepared and the judging was horrendous.

Has anybody tested Browne's BJJ? I can't remember.
No I dont think so. He did get a sub win but it was against a small for a HW, Gravedigger.

Dysun

The last card that came to Florida was pure dogshit, glad to see this one is a bit better so far

It didn't sell out, but I cant blame anyone for not going. Uncle Creepy vs Mighty Mouse was the main event

I back.

And yeah Dysun, I recall Dana sending out a tweet during the prelims for that show that he was at a nearby mall handing out free tickets, lol

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I think the best athletes in MMA are the ones who are too small to play other sports. No legit 6'4" athlete is entertaining Joe Silver's offer of 6 & 6 but how many options does Mighty Mouse Johnson really have?

Heel

I think the best athletes in MMA are the ones who are too small to play other sports. No legit 6'4" athlete is entertaining Joe Silver's offer of 6 & 6 but how many options does Mighty Mouse Johnson really have?

Would you rather get punched in the face, or ride a horse? Dana needs to show the money if he wants to lure elite horse racing jockeys over to MMA. I'm sure Mighty Mouse has many sleepless nights wishing he was riding in the Preakness.

You know who are the craziest people in sports? Rodeo clowns. Those dudes have the biggest balls in the world. Never met one that wasn't in the best shape.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter

Floorball?

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Would you rather get punched in the face, or ride a horse? Dana needs to show the money if he wants to lure elite horse racing jockeys over to MMA. I'm sure Mighty Mouse has many sleepless nights wishing he was riding in the Preakness.
I can't stop laughing.

The last card that came to Florida was pure dogshit, glad to see this one is a bit better so far

It didn't sell out, but I cant blame anyone for not going. Uncle Creepy vs Mighty Mouse was the main event

best card out of Florida was EXC Heat when Seth knocked out Kimbo and killed a company in the process. and Arlo beating the fuck out of Fat Nelson.

andrei-arlovski_roy-nelson.gif

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Would like to see Werdum get a title shot but I think Browne might be a bad matchup for him. I guess they're expecting that by the time Cain is back in action and has faced the winner of this another contender will have emerged.

They may be waiting for quite some time, considering that the only potential developments in the division are:

Miocic/Gonzaga vs. Barnett
Mitrione/Jordan vs. Palelei
Nelson vs. Hunt

The HW division badly needs new high-level talent.

And for what it's worth, win or lose, I want Overeem to fight JDS next. I don't want this to be a "what could have been" thing we linger on about such as Fedor vs. Brock/Randy, etc. JDS needs a bounce match against someone on the fringes anyways.

MjFrancis

best card out of Florida was EXC Heat when Seth knocked out Kimbo and killed a company in the process. and Arlo beating the fuck out of Fat Nelson.

andrei-arlovski_roy-nelson.gif
If it wasn't for that fight I would have thought Big Country was impervious to a KO. No one in the UFC has even come close to rocking him, though if he hasn't knocked you out by end of round one you have a guaranteed decision victory. Unless you happen to be old Cro Cop.

They may be waiting for quite some time, considering that the only potential developments in the division are:

Miocic/Gonzaga vs. Barnett
Mitrione/Jordan vs. Palelei
Nelson vs. Hunt

The HW division badly needs new high-level talent.

And for what it's worth, win or lose, I want Overeem to fight JDS next. I don't want this to be a "what could have been" thing we linger on about such as Fedor vs. Brock/Randy, etc. JDS needs a bounce match against someone on the fringes anyways.

100% Its really a win-win for the UFC as far as contenders go. Reem needs a legit win and JDS needs a bounce back fight. This is one fight that can go either way based on styles. Reem wins than hes in line for a shot, JDS wins than he keeps the KO's coming and hopefully a new champion emerges.

MjFrancis

I'm going to be careful on calling Reem's fights ahead of time, given his recent history. At the same time, Mir/JDS II isn't a fight anyone's clamoring for. If Mir wins the Reem matchup, I don't really know what the UFC does with him. Feed him to the loser of Werdum v. Browne?

Top Bottom