• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

Lorenzo Fertitta disappointed by GSP's comments, let's us all know that the UFC is regulated by the government

Friends, I suggest we all pretend that fighters are actually being caught by commission drug testing, and that 'zo isn't a 40-something year old man who can pull an airplane on a rope with his teeth. I want my aging heroes to be 21 forever. GSP is an enemy of entertainment.
I love how he always falls back on ghe government excuse. They are the NFL of Democratic Republics!

damn straight, Heel. i also forward the motion to allow trainers to rub cocaine on fighters faces before the post-match interview with Rogan.

i wanna see Gus call out Bones for hitting a car against a tree with a couple of hookers on the backseat inbetween poorly sung ABBA tunes.

"IKEA buildin, Volvo drivin, ABBA listenin sonofaGUN!! WOOOOOOOOOOOH"

GSP played this perfectly. Roid your entire career. Get ko'd by Matt Serra. Roid some more. Retire. Vocally and publicly criticize the UFC for not doing enough to test for roids. Gain public perception as a "clean" fighter.

Heel

GSP played this perfectly. Roid your entire career. Get ko'd by Matt Serra. Roid some more. Retire. Vocally and publicly criticize the UFC for not doing enough to test for roids. Gain public perception as a "clean" fighter.

Agree 100% on this. King Cobra Pierre, the greatest serpent of all time. Would be amazing if an 'anonymous source' leaked Mr. SP's doctor to the media.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Yep, classic projection. Blame your adversary for the transgressions you're guilty of. When that person comes back and is all like "no, YOU'RE a roider" it looks like they're the guilty party with the petty i-know-you-are-but-what-am-i comeback.

But what if GSP got his juice from the aliens?

god, that means that his child...

9Uc72sh6oPVDK8qxMhZUBSvq2NJ.jpg

Heel

"A week later, GSP's attorney asked 15 or 20 questions about how WADA is going to test for this and that, how are they going to move the tests, how are they going to do this, a ton of questions," Ehrhardt said. "He wanted to have predetermined times. It's not random if you know when they're coming. He had questions about what they test for, and that's another red flag. Why do you care what they test for? If you're clean, you're clean. We didn't ask one question ... We were just ready to test WADA, that's what we wanted to do, and he didn't want to."

Georges the sidewinder snake cannot erase this from the record. The thing is, he has immunity from the UFC on the subject of steroid use. Even if they had dirt, they have nothing to gain from exposing it. It's a UFC fighter's dirt, and thus their dirt too. Georges and UFC are bonded together with the leather, man. They're bowing down to Georges for eternity, brother. "Please, Georges, we're sorry we crossed the line!"

In any case, the path the UFC is taking on steroids is a ticking time bomb. One day there will be a Lance Armstrong-level scandal and the UFC will blame government testing, even though they've knowingly turned a blind eye to its ineffectiveness for years.

Georges the sidewinder snake cannot erase this from the record. The thing is, he has immunity from the UFC on the subject of steroid use. Even if they had dirt, they have nothing to gain from exposing it. It's a UFC fighter's dirt, and thus their dirt too. Georges and UFC are bonded together with the leather, man. They're bowing down to Georges for eternity, brother. "Please, Georges, we're sorry we crossed the line!"

In any case, the path the UFC is taking on steroids is a ticking time bomb. One day there will be a Lance Armstrong-level scandal and the UFC will blame government testing, even though they've knowingly turned a blind eye to its ineffectiveness for years.

6.gif

Heel

Wow, UFC shot an excellent promo for Costas Philippou. Only took them two years and slotting him in a main event to get his name right, apparently.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
oh yeah, this is today.
UFN_35_event_poster.jpg

UFC Fight Night 35: Rockhold vs Philippou

Main Card (Fox Sports 1)

Middleweight - Luke Rockhold vs. Constantinos Philippou
Middleweight - Lorenz Larkin vs. Brad Tavares
Bantamweight - T.J. Dillashaw vs. Mike Easton
Middleweight - Yoel Romero vs. Derek Brunson
Flyweight - John Moraga vs. Dustin Ortiz
Featherweight - Cole Miller vs. Sam Sicilia

Preliminary card (Fox Sports 1)

Lightweight - Ramsey Nijem vs. Justin Edwards
Lightweight - Isaac Vallie-Flagg vs. Elias Silverio
Middleweight - Trevor Smith vs. Brian Houston
Flyweight - Alptekin Ozkilic vs. Louis Smolka

Preliminary card (Fight Pass)

Lightweight - Vinc Pichel vs. Garrett Whiteley
Lightweight - Charlie Brenneman vs. Beneil Dariush

uFGf1WS.jpg

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Jesus christ. Brunson dropped his hands and stopped trying to defend like a minute and a half before the ref decided to stop the fight. He looks like he's dead.

strobogo

Banned
When is Ric Flair going to get his title shot? He's a legit heavyweight with a great technical game and cardio to go to hour long draws 5 nights a week. He'd be a real shot in the arm to the heavyweight division. The first heavyweight since Brock to have any charisma, too.

alr1ght

Nice to see wrestlefucker Brenneman get finished. I FFWd through 90% of this show. I still don't know who any of them are.

At what point is Dana/UFC and Fox going to address the possibility that the awful, drawn out commercial filled nature of these cards might be killing ratings? I mean, at one point there was like 4 separate commercial breaks in-between fights. I'm watching this on my DVR in FF and I can barely muster the energy to make it through. I can't imagine why more casual MMA fans giving a shit.

alr1ght

At what point is Dana/UFC and Fox going to address the possibility that the awful, drawn out commercial filled nature of these cards might be killing ratings? I mean, at one point there was like 4 separate commercial breaks in-between fights. I'm watching this on my DVR in FF and I can barely muster the energy to make it through. I can't imagine why more casual MMA fans giving a shit.

Not to mention the ads Anik/Goldie read during the match.

alr1ght

Called bullshit on his drug testing issue. "No fighters ever agree to using the same testing facility, etc."
GSP supposedly angry @ Dana for saying he lost against Hendrix. Said "be a man" and meet him face to face not via the media.
GSP says UFC has a monopoly. Dana pulls out his usual, "Viacom has a $40B market cap."

Heel

I'd just watch the presser: http://www.ufc.tv/video/ufc-fight-night-post-event-press-conference-rockhold-vs-philippou

Not that GSP doesn't have a valid point, but if it has truly gone down how Dana says it has (never directly confronting them, etc.) I can understand his frustration and agree that he's being weird about it.

The best part is at one point Dana says if you're a steroid user you'll eventually get caught once you're tested, but you might get lucky because you're not randomly picked. If you're on an international card, everyone is tested and thus you will be caught.

Seems like he's being willfully ignorant to how the steroid game is played. There's just no way he believes that's how this shit works.

Top Bottom