• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

ShaneB

Would you rather get punched in the face, or ride a horse? Dana needs to show the money if he wants to lure elite horse racing jockeys over to MMA. I'm sure Mighty Mouse has many sleepless nights wishing he was riding in the Preakness.

There have been fights between jockeys though! He'd have an edge.

Feed him Hunt

to Mir or Barnett?

i want Hunt to stay away from Barnett as long as possible, not need to for this to happen again so soon:

6.gif

been watching alot of Japanese shoot-style stuff from the 90s and i'm honestly beginning to wonder if there were any actual fights over there before 1998 or 1999.

Pancrase and late 90s RINGS still look and feel like worked shoots.

I can explain it to you. People without mathematical knowledge fall for shit that happens when you know jack shit about convergence and series. Well, okay, I stopped after three minutes, maybe he stops shitting around.

Fall for it? I almost threw a rock at my monitor. That man's a witch.

No, he's not a witch, but when someone pretends that 1-1+1-1+1-1...= 1/2, you know he's just fucking with you. That's where I stopped. It's essentially playing around with series and tricking people (by neglecting maths). Since he's a physicist he could be using some bizarre space and definition, but given what he explains he's likely just fucking with people (that have little mathematical knowledge).

The whole "We take the average of the two" implies that either he's fucking with people or he's using something related to stochastics (or some bizarre definition of numbers/series). You're not sure? Look at his face.

Well i can tell there's some fuckery going on but im just too stupid to know what.

No, he's not a witch, but when someone pretends that 1-1+1-1+1-1...= 1/2, you know he's just fucking with you. That's where I stopped.

That's the problem. You stopped. You can't stop when talking about infinity. If you stop, you get a different number (a 1 or a zero in the first case, or a potentially huge sum in the 1+2+3+4... case) but if that string never stops, this is what get.

...and he's a witch.

Heel

GSP: The Crusade Continues

Dude on Reddit said:
Main points :

Didnt like the way UFC reacted by not supporting him in his will to clean the sport and mostly by backing Hendricks when he chose not to do the test even tough he agreed at first.

Says that UFC stance on doping is one of the main reason he decided to quit

He says fighters have no power to express their opinion. UFC management has all the power on decisions. Players who would contest the organization would be punished.

There's too much on the line for them to clean the sport. Also, there are nasty things going on behind the scenes he can't talk about.

Direction of where the sport is going is very idiotic. He wants to do everything he can to change the sport.

Combine this with a quote from a recent MMAjunkie article:

“Christmas was incredible and now for 2014 we’ll see what’s going to happen. I have some projects in mind. I can’t talk about it, unfortunately.”

Something tells me Dana won't be getting along with Mr. SP in 2014.

UFN_35_event_poster.jpg

UFC Fight Night 35: Rockhold vs Philippou

Main Card (Fox Sports 1)

Middleweight - Luke Rockhold vs. Constantinos Philippou
Middleweight - Lorenz Larkin vs. Brad Tavares
Bantamweight - T.J. Dillashaw vs. Mike Easton
Middleweight - Yoel Romero vs. Derek Brunson
Flyweight - John Moraga vs. Dustin Ortiz
Featherweight - Cole Miller vs. Sam Sicilia

Preliminary card (Fox Sports 1)

Lightweight - Ramsey Nijem vs. Justin Edwards
Lightweight - Isaac Vallie-Flagg vs. Elias Silverio
Middleweight - Trevor Smith vs. Brian Houston
Flyweight - Alptekin Ozkilic vs. Louis Smolka

Preliminary card (Fight Pass)

Lightweight - Vinc Pichel vs. Garrett Whiteley
Lightweight - Charlie Brenneman vs. Beneil Dariush

My Picks:

ibcfr7HVD8HjD.jpg

Oh George...breaks my heart to read this. He was probably too classy for the UFC. His vision of a true and honorable kumite competition will never be realized with the UFC. A shame.

He needs to tell us about those nasty things backstage!!!!

GSP said:
Everybody knows who, where, when and how. There are some people, a few doctors, and everybody go to see the same ones. It is well known. It's like that in every sport : where there is money to be made, there are ways of cheating and that will never change. But I believe we have to change things because it's not fair.

I tried to make a change in a diplomatic way. Unfortunately, some weren't ready for those changes. It's alright, but I was disappointed.

Bros, watch Lone Survivor.

It was an incredible "falling down the hill" movie. I guess that's what it was about right? When you strip down the ridiculous portrayal of the events and the characters. All it was lacking was a an american flag flying in the middle of the scenes.

Also kid from Girl Next Door as a Navy Seal was incredibly funny.

ShaneB

It was an incredible "falling down the hill" movie. I guess that's what it was about right? When you strip down the ridiculous portrayal of the events and the characters. All it was lacking was a an american flag flying in the middle of the scenes.

Also kid from Girl Next Door as a Navy Seal was incredibly funny.

Movie dramatizes event "based on a true story"... what else is new? I went in expecting a military action movie and that's what I got out of it.

Was listening to NPR yesterday and they had a piece on the two main producers of this flick (Stepan Martirosyan, Remington Chase [fake name lol]) basically saying they fund their movies with drug money.

EDIT: Here's the LA Weekly piece that the NPR thing was based off of.

Well dang.

Next

Think about this for a second please. Ignore the video that tricks people and think about it, just for a second.

Do you think a series of non-negative integers can converge towards a negative fraction? Going further, do you think a series of positive integers can converge against any number?

Yeah that was my first thought too, but sometimes there's weird stuff in math that is really counter intuitive and actually makes sense. I just don't have time to check all his premises.

Speaking of Playstation, that 14 For 14 sale is awesome. Sony is really stepping its game up. I'm still undecided which console I'm getting first next gen but the PS4 is looking better and better all the time.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
This PlayStation phone app is pretty fucking cool. LP, I just accepted your request on it while at work.

Yeah, I actually use it all the time. Starting downloads while at work and coming home to see it done and installed is always a pleasure. Really makes me realize how bad PS3 was in regard to digital content.

Send me a PSN invite
LiquidLEON

Also my mind is pretty blown that we have never gotten these fights

Wand vs Tito 2
Vitor vs Rampage
Vitor vs Shogun (We still have time for that though)
Shogun vs Tito

Dysun

Top Bottom