• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

Dysun

It's getting easier and easier to skip these cards. Just got off work late and missed the whole thing, zero desire to check out my DVR either. Might just delete it

It's getting easier and easier to skip these cards. Just got off work late and missed the whole thing, zero desire to check out my DVR either. Might just delete it
That's what I'm doing.. I just caught bits and pieces of it while working and know that it's not worth my time.

If hardcores like us have this much apathy towards these Fight Night cards (and I consider myself to be on #teampositive FFS), imagine what the nebulous "casuals" think.

strobogo

Banned

It's been pretty easy to skip even major PPVs for a good 2 years. MMA has reached the peak and is on the down slide in the US. Over exposure and the top stars sitting out so much has killed interest for so many people.

So Brunson needed to get surgery for a fractured jaw. That ref was awful, dude looked like some hipster way in over his head. How do they pick these people?

So Brunson needed to get surgery for a fractured jaw. That ref was awful, dude looked like some hipster way in over his head. How do they pick these people?

State Athletic Commission chooses the refs out of the pool of refs that are liscensed in the state. The broken jaw was likely because he lost his mouthpiece and the ref isn't supposed to stop them to get that mouthpiece back in until there's a lull in the action. In Brunsons case, being as tough as he was likely caused the injury. The only really excessive part in my book was allowing all those elbows when by that point Brunson was never going to attempt to move since he was protecting his broken jaw.

saw the Rockhold match. what a squash match, almost, almost as if Dana was rewarding Rockhold with a gimme in exchange for his dive again Belfortrt.

almost.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
GSP says UFC has a monopoly. Dana pulls out his usual, "Viacom has a $40B market cap."

It's amazing the level of corporate-enforced doublethink that Dana has about Viacom/Bellator. One minute they're not competitors, the next they've got the financial pull of a small country and are implied to be "bigger" than the UFC.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
destruction:

5.gif

The winner's nickname needs to be changed to "The Dialysis Machine".

MjFrancis

I'm going to contribute another post to move that image to the previous page just that much sooner. Though now that I've said as much, one of you is going to quote it on the next page, aren't you?

GungHo

I understand why the Canada team's colors are red and black, but why is Australia's green and yellow. Also, how can Michael "I will find him" Shannon's mutton-chopped twin brother be from Australia?

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
I understand why the Canada team's colors are red and black, but why is Australia's green and yellow. Also, how can Michael "I will find him" Shannon's mutton-chopped twin brother be from Australia?
Gold mate, green and gold. It's a wattle, national floral icon. Bloody hell mate, I'll warn ya, if you said that in the Cross some pissed cunt'd king hit ya from behind screaming "AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE" and telling everyone in earshot that he trained UFC, even though he'd just slogged you in the back of the head, a clear violation of the Unified Rules.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Hah funny seeing all you guys trade PS4 invites

before it was

"videogames are lame, mma rules"

now it's

"mma is lame, let's play videogame instead"

26970_Australian%20Soccer%20Team.jpg

it's based on their National Footbal team kit (probably the same colours for other sports).

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole

It was not until April 19, 1984, that green and gold were officially declared Australia's national sports colours by the then Governor-General, Sir Ninian Stephen. The combination was, however, used in the jumpers, blazers and caps of the Australian cricket team to tour England in 1899, but was not ratified by the Australian Cricket Board until 1908. It was also worn by the Australian Olympic team in that year, while the Australian Rugby League adopted the colours in 1928. Green and gold were the popular choice to represent Australia internationally because the colours closely resembled those of our national emblem the golden wattle.

Had it before we even bothered with crappy soccer.

Without sounding like Joe Rogan, I've been using Onnit's Melatonin 5 w/ Lemon Balm for the last two weeks and it's fixed my sleep issues right up.

Psshhh.. youre talking to brogan. I actually had a couple bottles but i gave them to my mom because she has really bad insomnia and its helping her. I just really suck at sleeping. It takes me forever to pass out, I wake up way too early and when i wake up i cannot for the life of me go back to sleep. I really gotta get my nose fixed. That's whats killing me. I've started snoring like a fucking wood chipper.

industrian

Whilst I'm on the subject of it actually, I upped my vitamins & minerals and omegas intake a few weeks ago and feel a lot better than what I did before.

GungHo

Gold mate, green and gold. It's a wattle, national floral icon. Bloody hell mate, I'll warn ya, if you said that in the Cross some pissed cunt'd king hit ya from behind screaming "AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE" and telling everyone in earshot that he trained UFC, even though he'd just slogged you in the back of the head, a clear violation of the Unified Rules.

You realize that warning only makes me want to say it more, right? Hell, I had to be pulled out of Brazil for my own safety when I started red carding people after the 2010 WC.

ShaneB

Why not some n64 emulation with online play and play the old AKI wrasslin games?

Someone look into that.

I'll assume that's ok to say.

industrian

Why not some n64 emulation with online play and play the old AKI wrasslin games?

Someone look into that.

I'll assume that's ok to say.

I still remember that weekend where I rented WCW vs. NWO Revenge. Hell, I didn't even watch WCW and I still loved the hell out of it.

When Wrestlemania 2000 and No Mercy came along and it was the purest form of synergy between videogame fanboyism and marking out that you could get.

WWF Warzone/Attitude couldn't compete for shit. Smackdown 2 was the only competitor that came close.

Top Bottom