• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

Chamber

love on your sleeve
lol

also felt like sharing, must be cold
3d8874307fe011e3bc620eb29dbbaea3_8.jpg

Actually took me a second to realize who these two are.
iby3m1SzB88E7U.png

I wanna see Rumble back in the ufc, I mean seriously.... Dude can legitimately beat the f*ck out of most of the light heavy crop in ufc.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I wanna see Rumble back in the ufc, I mean seriously.... Dude can legitimately beat the f*ck out of most of the light heavy crop in ufc.

Was this fight a 205 or 265 fight?

Because to be perfectly honest both divisions in the UFC would welcome him.

And that KO was delightfully monstrous.

I like rumble but he'd get bopped by most heavies in ultimate. Hell id say big country would send him packing straight to the big tachi palace in the sky.

Next

What do you guys think about that Minakov dude on bellator? 4 gold medals in sambo, undefeated and a 7 TKO/KO streak. Looks like he could be a much needed addition to the UFC HW division.

he's set to fight kongo in april btw

industrian

Minakov and Blagoy Ivanov are two guys I really want to see in the UFC. Hell, Blagoy Ivanov's lucky to be alive, and I hope he does well in the upcoming tournament.

Next

Hadn't heard of Ivanov. Wiki says Minakov is 28 and Ivanov is 27 so they're rather young compared to most in the UFC at HW.

I like rumble but he'd get bopped by most heavies in ultimate. Hell id say big country would send him packing straight to the big tachi palace in the sky.

He's been fighting at 205, which seems to be ideal since he's huge for a 205. He seems to be getting his weight cuts in check too. Haven't heard any issues since that Vitor fight.

ShaneB

I've always loved Rumble since first seeing him fight. Wish he'd have kept his weight issues in check and really stuck in the UFC at a bigger weight class. He's a monster.

Asking someone to keep track of Rumble's weight is like finding waldo. Good for him though if he keeps winning he'll probably be back in ultimate...and promptly lose if he has to fight longer than 3 minutes.

Heel

Props to WSOF's matchmaker. I haven't seen so many folks gassed up off a squash match since Jon Jones beat Shogun.

Props to WSOF's matchmaker. I haven't seen so many folks gassed up off a squash match since Jon Jones beat Shogun.

lol - that Rumble/Kyle match up was something else. Rumble destroys Arlovski, Arlovski beats Kyle, so what happens next? They give Kyle to Rumble. Makes zero sense. Rumble vs Seffo would've been more competitive.

I think Rumble should fight the final boss of WSOF now, Sugar Ray Sefo. I'd want to see it just to see how many times Bas would mispronounce his name like "sifu".

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
He's been fighting at 205, which seems to be ideal since he's huge for a 205. He seems to be getting his weight cuts in check too. Haven't heard any issues since that Vitor fight.
He missed MW by 10lbs for his first fight out of the UFC. There haven't been any issues since then though; coincidentally, he hasn't tried to go below 205 since then either.

"I think the key to this fight is for Rumble is to use my invention, the liver kick."
Haha.

So Sherm can get props for his post-game antics but Ronda Rousey gets booed thunderously for just not wanting to shake Miesha's hand...

'xism.

Heel

So Sherm can get props for his post-game antics but Ronda Rousey gets booed thunderously for just not wanting to shake Miesha's hand...

'xism.

Believe me, it'll go both ways. Sherm has the next week of sports talk on lockdown. Expect a lot of carefully worded arguments from nervous white men.

strobogo

Banned
Pro sports needs more shit talking and heels. Not bitch asses like Lebron crying and flopping around or people getting fined thousands of dollars for celebrating.

industrian

Hadn't heard of Ivanov.

He beat Fedor when said act was still relevant (in Sambo, not MMA, of course.)

A few years after that and after building up a decent undefeated record he survived getting stabbed in the heart - requiring at least two surgeries and needing to be put into an induced coma.

Normally that would retire most folks (to put it lightly), but he returned to MMA last year (two years after his previous fight) and he fought, and won, twice.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/9/15/4731010/the-quiet-somewhat-miraculous-return-of-blagoi-ivanov

Next

So the emperor himself passed the torch to this guy and he later survives being fucking stabbed through the heart. Really hope he doesn't have a long contract with bellator. I have to watch some of his and Minakov's fights.

Dysun

I found this on the Bleacher Report after clicking on an associated link. LMAO

The UFC hates Ben Henderson. It's a stupid, irrational hatred...but it's there.

The promotion consistently undercut him to the media during his title reign. First because he smacked around Dana White's man crush, Frankie Edgar. Then because he won the shouldn't-have-even-happened rematch. Then because he beat the substantially easier-to-market Nate Diaz in terribly lopsided fashion. Then because he handily out-landed Gilbert Melendez, whom the UFC was hoping to use as a spearhead for its push into Mexico (which the UFC then tried to actively build up as "controversial").

That hatred is why the UFC breathed a sigh of relief when Anthony Pettis got Henderson to tap to a fluke armbar.

It's why it isn't going to give Henderson a second crack at the belt.

The problem, of course, is that Henderson is still really, really good at this whole MMA thing. Better, I'd wager, than any other lightweight

Top Bottom