• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
From @UFCTonight

A special message from @sonnench: "It's real. Everything about Wand is real. Well, except his eyebrows, forehead and record in PRIDE

Chael tossing truth bombs. Lol

goddamn aahaha

Gonna attempt to start a new nerd hobby today .. comics (or graphic novels anyway). My first pickup:

iRjJqGlo8tELG.jpg

Also got the first two Y the Last Man books.

People are so underestimating Wanderlei here. As soon as the guy pulls the trigger Sonnen could be in huge trouble. A fresh Wand can get up after Sonnens td's and that means danger for everyone...

TheChits

People are so underestimating Wanderlei here. As soon as the guy pulls the trigger Sonnen could be in huge trouble. A fresh Wand can get up after Sonnens td's and that means danger for everyone...

Yeah Wand has a chance against anyone, especially against a grinder like Chael

Heel

You know, they say all men are created equal. But if you look at Chael and you look at Wand, and you can see that statement is not true. See, normally when you go one-on-one with another fighter, you have a 50/50 chance. But you figure Wand will have at least 5 chances to stand up with Chael, considering he will only win by decision in a 5 round main event fight spanning 25 minutes. That leaves Wand with a 1 in 5 chance to land on Chael, or 20%. Now, that's if he was a normal striker of average aggression. We all know Wand is a plastic surgery freak, and he ain't normal. Taking consideration for removed scar tissue, improved breathing and snorkel training, that leaves Wand with a 68.28% chance at beat Chael. Now, consider that Chael is under TRT scrutiny and being tested in Brazil. That leaves him with an average T:E ratio of 5.82:1 approximately 29 hours after weigh-ins. That means Wanderlei now has a 74.1% chance, not including Yakuza intervention or a relative held captive by favela ruffians. Factor in any inkling of fear Chael may have of receiving a stabbing after a win in Brazil, the odds drastic go up. That now leaves Wand with a 174.1% chance of winning.

The numbers don't lie, and it spell disaster for Chael.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
You know, they say all men are created equal. But if you look at Chael and you look at Wand, and you can see that statement is not true. See, normally when you go one-on-one with another fighter, you have a 50/50 chance. But you figure Wand will have at least 5 chances to stand up with Chael, considering he will only win by decision in a 5 round main event fight spanning 25 minutes. That leaves Wand with a 1 in 5 chance to land on Chael, or 20%. Now, that's if he was a normal striker of average aggression. We all know Wand is a plastic surgery freak, and he ain't normal. Taking consideration for removed scar tissue, improved breathing and snorkel training, that leaves Wand with a 68.28% chance at beat Chael. Now, consider that Chael is under TRT scrutiny and being tested in Brazil. That leaves him with an average T:E ratio of 5.82:1 approximately 29 hours after weigh-ins. That means Wanderlei now has a 74.1% chance, not including Yakuza intervention or a relative held captive by favela ruffians. Factor in any inkling of fear Chael may have of receiving a stabbing after a win in Brazil, the odds drastic go up. That now leaves Wand with a 174.1% chance of winning.

i love your fight assessments. you are the don frye of mma-gaf good sir.

303.gif

MjFrancis

Gonna attempt to start a new nerd hobby today .. comics (or graphic novels anyway). My first pickup:
Glenn Danzig wrote and published some comics back in the day. Some of the titles were Conan or Heavy Metal rip-offs; they were kind of cool. At least the art was good. He had the bright idea of making Frank Frazetta's Death Dealer into a comic book. It's about a guy that deals out a lot of death (yes it's that deep).

At it's worst, Glenn Danzig's comic company published books about dick medusas. I wish I made that up.

strobogo

Banned

I know you love sugar.

TheChits

That video was playing in the background as I was reading this. Crazy coincidence

Glenn Danzig wrote and published some comics back in the day. Some of the titles were Conan or Heavy Metal rip-offs; they were kind of cool. At least the art was good. He had the bright idea of making Frank Frazetta's Death Dealer into a comic book. It's about a guy that deals out a lot of death (yes it's that deep).
I'll stick with this.

UD1rAU9.jpg

You guys should check out Three and Manifest Destiny.

since we're on the subject of graphic novels, have you guys ever read Supreme Power? I remember reading a preview of it in Wizard years and years ago and it intrigued me but I never followed up and read it.

MjFrancis

The price is what kills comics. You can fly through 24-36 pages in five to ten minutes. Five bucks for a joke comic book that will only be bought by a niche of a niche audience sucks for the creators.

ive been saying this for months that Wand is gonna win. i dont think wand has ever been grinded out for 25 mins, but i said the same thing about shogun.

Vio-Lence

Banned
yahoo Sports said:
1. Brock Lesnar - UFC 100

However, no moment in UFC history was more Sherman-like than Brock Lesnar's post-fight interview after his victory over Frank Mir at UFC 100. In fact, not even Richard Sherman's moment was as Sherman-like as Lesnar's. In a fit of rage where he was practically foaming at the mouth, Lesnar soaked up boos from the audience. During the interview he loudly trashed Mir and gave a shout out to Coors Light, even though Bud Light was one of the UFC's biggest sponsors at the time. He then capped it off by declaring that he was going to go home to get on top of his wife as the crowd voiced extreme disapproval. The moment lives forever in UFC lore due to Lesnar's intensity and inappropriateness, and it is undoubtedly the most Richard Sherman moment in the promotion's history.

reading this i remember how cool this moment was lol.

Heel

Rumor is that "UFC shill" Ariel Helwani is on the outs with FOX due to conflict with Dana and Lorenzo. Makes some sense. Dana is always short and butthurt with Ariel during pressers for actually being a journalist.

Jim Ross incoming? :)

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

hHN7Dff.png

VoxPop

Rumor is that "UFC shill" Ariel Helwani is on the outs with FOX due to conflict with Dana and Lorenzo. Makes some sense. Dana is always short and butthurt with Ariel during pressers for actually being a journalist.

Jim Ross incoming? :)

Seems like perfect timing. Although I prefer Ariel to JR.

Host Samurai said:
ive been saying this for months that Wand is gonna win. i dont think wand has ever been grinded out for 25 mins, but i said the same thing about shogun.

He was never grinded out for 25 min cause he either always got KTFO or beat down for 3 rounds. Chael's top game is god tier compared to other grapplers due to his sheer aggressiveness and constant pressure. Only way Wand wins is if he goads him into brawling like an idiot like Stann did but Chael's not stupid and Wand aint no Anderson. Honestly I could see Chael getting one of his few TKO wins when the fight comes around burying Wand's padded resume for good.

Top Bottom