• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Clearly feature them only on PPV or through some obscure web app.

Also, apparently Pat Barry retired. Another character gone.

Most of the names in UFC made their names elsewhere and I don't see anyone else he can scoop up anytime soon. He needs to beg Fox to loan Jim Ross to him so they can learn how to build some stars.

Is it far fetched to say that all the really popular fighters are either retired or about to be retired?

I'd say yes but it certainly feels like it.

I don't know, how do we give these guys more moxie?

Dana should have boxed Tito when he had the chance. He would have made himself the ultimate star/heel of his company. Vince had the balls to do what he had to do.

Dysun

1510660_246687728839193_108838910_n.jpg
no fucks given #goat

also just doing some groceries and chilling on the subway

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Fedor looks like he's thinking "did I have ketchup at home? I should have bought ketchup".

It never ceases to amuse me how nondescript Fedor looks. Every single person in that train and beach photos could try to fight him at the same time and they would all lose.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Very enjoyable. UFC needs to stop with their generic promo videos and start doing this!
Good song choice and content!

I was just thinking that yesterday. The guy who directs The Reem is really talented. It does seem the UFC finally caught on to them using fight footage and put a stop to it. It's all still pics of the Browne fight.

Sucks but Barao is gonna whopp Faber again. I have no doubt that Faber can beat Cruz, but Barao is just a horrible fight for him.

Reem is looking like a LHW again. Hopefully he's improved his tank.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Not only is Jonathan Martin the biggest beta in America but he's an attention whore to boot. No one cares about your feelings anymore brah, even less tonight with Slim Reaper in town.

You think Dana has called CM Punk yet about joining the Ultimate?
He's too busy trying to sell us those wolf tickets about Lesnar returning and Silva coming back before the end of the year.

Has anyone else watched The Fighters? First episode was ok. Better than anything on TUF recently. Reminds me of The Fighter movie.

Chris Weidman: "I just asked Lorenzo (Fertitta) ... and he said that [Belfort] is going to try to get the TRT. But whether he gets it or not, I was happy to hear that we will be tested and stuff like that. He (Fertitta) would be surprised if we didn't get tested throughout the camp..."

"Because what I heard is... Someone else told me that if he doesn't apply for the TRT -- because I heard that he wasn't going to apply at first -- if he doesn't apply, then he doesn't get tested during the camp and stuff like that, so then he would be able to take whatever he wants and cycle off like these other guys do. If he gets the TRT then he has to get tested all the time. So, I was like ‘I wonder where he is going with this.' So I don't know... I'm just happy to hear that because he failed a drug test before, that he will get tested."

Julianna Pena destroyed her knee

UFC Tonight ‏@UFCTonight 15m

UPDATE: @VenezuelanVixen tore her ACL, MCL, LCL and Meniscus and hamstring. @danawhite also just reported she’ll be out for two years.

That must hurt

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
iYSQLViWMOalC.gif

this is a setup
Yeah, this idea that the UFC is protecting Overeem falls apart when you look at it a bit closer. All but one of his UFC opponents have been known PED users, their advantage maximised by the strict testing Keith Kizer imposed on Alistair after he had to interrupt his training for the Brock fight in order to take care of his ailing mother. Browne may not have been guaranteed to hold a chemical advantage over Alistair, but you just know that Joe Silva's eyes lit up when he saw the potential of those dubiously legal elbows against a clinch-oriented fighter. Who knows how that match would have gone if Overeem wasn't afraid to stand Travis up out of the "3 points of contact defensive position"TM Jackson game-planned for?

Chamber

love on your sleeve

UPDATE: @VenezuelanVixen tore her ACL, MCL, LCL and Meniscus and hamstring. @danawhite also just reported she’ll be out for two years.

That must hurt

Sounds like a reckless training partner. Pretty fucked up.

brentech

That must hurt
jesus.

from what i saw, and they way she talked, i'm thinking she's kind of the wreckless one.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

That must hurt

That's friggin horrible. Jeeeeeezus.

MjFrancis

That is a heavy cost to learn that training is not to be taken as intensely as a fight. It doesn't matter if it was Julianna or her training partner, that's screwed up. Now she's out for two years, won't be the same fighter when she finally does come back, and she has nothing to show for her efforts save for a huge hospital bill.

Top Bottom