• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

Next

6tdCo8ah.jpg

looks interesting

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
looks interesting
Hope Graham vs Mighty Mo is all standup, real knockouts, none of this hugging shit. In fact, they should just get them to have a kickboxing match and Ivanov and Volkov a grappling match, then have the winners fight under the unified rules for a title-shot. If they incentivise Kongo not to use the cage or go for takedowns they could theme the whole thing as kickboxing vs Sambo. Capture that early UFC spirit.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
RIP Ninja Scooter

the chase totally redeemed that movie. that movie would be garbage tier tarantino w/out it.
For me the movie felt like two parts with the first half serving as a sort of stage setter for the second. With that said if it weren't for the way both half's ended it really would have been garbage and yes the chase absolutely made the movie for me.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
That shit is garbage tier Tarantino WITH the chase scene. Only QT movie I don't rewatch on the regular.

Saw the NBA-GAF stuff earlier. Thankfully MMA-GAF is a small, tight knit community of brothers from different mothers. We should be safe.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Titanfall really does feel like COD with parkour and mechs, at least to a person with my base level FPS skills and knowledge. That's good enough to have a decent time though so my Xbone will start getting some use next month.

Vio-Lence

Banned
Titanfall really does feel like COD with parkour and mechs, at least to a person with my base level FPS skills and knowledge. That's good enough to have a decent time though so my Xbone will start getting some use next month.

ya it seems like pretty fun. i never played a call of duty game before so i can't compare it to anything really. I'm pretty awful at console FPS games. never played one extensively before. i was never been a fan of playing them on controllers.

think i played 2 or 3 games of attrition and 2 or 3 games of capture base A, B, C.

with my limited gaming time, i like that the games are quick and generally satisfying. you can probably play the game in 15-30 minute sessions and have a decent amount of fun.

FACE

Banned
Hook it up ;)

You have an Xbox One?

ya it seems like pretty fun. i never played a call of duty game before so i can't compare it to anything really. I'm pretty awful at console FPS games. never played one extensively before. i was never been a fan of playing them on controllers.

think i played 2 or 3 games of attrition and 2 or 3 games of capture base A, B, C.

with my limited gaming time, i like that the games are quick and generally satisfying. you can probably play the game in 15-30 minute sessions and have a decent amount of fun.

Don't play Dota, then :p

Chamber

love on your sleeve

That's the selling point for me. Any game that can be enjoyed in small chunks is what I'm after these days. Battlefield 4 died a quick death for me because, glitches and crashes aside, the games take FOREVER to finish and just trying to play one match felt like a chore.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
NBA-GAF getting shutdown on All-Star weekend is hilarious. They simply don't have the locker room chemistry we do. Which speaks to our chemistry since our sport is dying but the NBA keeps growing.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I wish I could remember the name of the girl I went to college with who ended up doing girl-on-girl stuff.

$50,000 "Performance of the Night" bonuses went to Charles Oliveira and Erick Silva and

$50,000 "FOTN" Lyoto Machida and Gegard Mousasi

UFC Fight Night 36 tied a record for the most decisions on a fight card for the UFC with ten, a record which was set just two weeks ago at UFC 169.
Yep, 24 fights, only four finishes.

Is there still room over at #teamnegative?

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
$50,000 "Performance of the Night" bonuses went to Charles Oliveira and Erick Silva and

UFC Fight Night 36 tied a record for the most decisions on a fight card for the UFC with ten, a record which was set just two weeks ago at UFC 169.

There's no stopping this train. Welcome friend. Your Dana White dart board is in the mail.

ShaneB

You should at least fix your typo of saying it's 24 fights. 12 fights, as per usual. edit:.... nevermind after I get what you're saying. I'm a dummy.

Meh card indeed.

Meh.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Team Positive we want you to know we don't enjoy your defeats, we simply accept the cold reality of this sport. It's still not bad enough to stop following entirely...yet.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
more interested in Ballator's HW tourny than any announced UFC event.

To be honest, it's the best MMA event on the horizon.

That's the benefit of tournaments over ad hoc booking as well. You get to know who's involved from Day Zero. Then you have the benefit of knowing a name if they end up winning, losing or ending up in a follow-up tournament. Unlike the vast majority of dudes in the UFC (like, just off the top of my head: Rick Story and Miles Jury) who - as impressive as their careers may be - I need to check Wikipedia every time to see who the fuck they are. Tournaments keep you involved in shit. No-one falls through the cracks, and every fight matters.

How I wish Bellator would get rid of their belts and just run constant tournaments (seeding champions of previous tournaments into semi-finals.) It'd be a lot fucking better, and would allow their events to flow a hell of of a lot more naturally.

Top Bottom