• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

Vio-Lence

Banned
I don't know what the OT title should be, but I know what will grace NerdChat:

imealcDDxBnz4.jpg

BB&B :)

Razdek

Banned
The PPV buys for this event is going to be so low I wonder how Dana is going to spin it especially when he said that Rousey is the biggest star of all time.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
The PPV buys for this event is going to be so low I wonder how Dana is going to spin it especially when he said that Rousey is the biggest star of all time.

HUT numbers, playboy. People were out watching The Lego Movie for a 2nd time and some of their key demo is too burned out from the Titanfall beta to watch a PPV.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Listen what you have to understand is that people are buzzing about the Olympics. The economy is still bad and a lot of people haven't done their tax returns yet.

Those odds are about what they were for the Erick Silva/Takenori Sato fight. If Patrick Cummins wins that fight that would be one of the funniest things to happen to Dana White so far this year. He'd practically have to give him a bonus just to recognize how unlikely such an event was.
Also Jones vs Sonnen and Rousey vs Carmouche.

I prayyyyyyyyyyyyy that Cummins beats Cormier. Nothing against Cormier. I just want the MMA Gods to teach UFC a lesson.

On and Heel, for your bad thread title request .. UFC 170 |OT| Pros vs Joes

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
The odds of Cormier/Cummins are giving me flashbacks to Cormier/Bigfoot when almost everyone expected that "small fat dude" to get crushed by the mighty Fedor Killer.

But of course, Cummins has nothing on DC. I'm sure Cummins will make a good prelim filler against the winner of Diabetes/Latifi later in the year though.

And my contribution to society is:

UFC 170 |OT| Real Americano Heroes

I like how they just use English for random terms. I hear "ach ein bech ach meish ein ground and pound echh bach"

You hear this all over the world. I remember being in Italy and one of the guys at a table next to us just blurted out "anal fuck" in the middle of a sentence.

Heel

Paging Ply and Gr1m.

Why do some people take so long to respond to texts? I asked someone out for drinks last night at 8 and she didn't respond until 20 minutes ago. She also takes 15 minutes to respond to each of my texts, which makes me feel like a simp for responding fairly quickly to hers. I would just assume she didn't want to kick it but she initiates conversations. JEEEZUS /shoot

Respect my system, brehs.

Embarrassing to hear Dana defend Herb on both occasions of the night just because he has to defend Ronda winning. UFC keeps breaking ma heart.

MjFrancis

I want to thank you folks again for steering me away from that card. It looks like there was a fun scrap or two, but I'm much happier with that PPV money in my pocket than in Uncle Dana's pocket.

Beautiful. All but 4 prelim fights are now hidden behind an additional pay wall. And the remaining fights are via PPV. How is anyone supposed to be a UFC fan these days?

And now its confirmed that Gus vs Manuwa is exclusive to Fight Pass. So later we're expected to buy a PPV to see Jones vs a contender that was chosen through a fight that most people will never have seen? *sigh*

And fuck off with those 'celebrity' tweets during the fights. a) Nobody cares b) the tweet takes up half the screen c) we can read this shit on Twitter d) Its distracting as fuck. Last night it was almost amusing how Rogan was trying to commentate on these fights and Goldie, through no fault of his own, is just constantly interrupting and blathering on with promos, and reminders, and celebrity tweets, and all sorts of bullshit.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Beautiful. All but 4 prelim fights are now hidden behind an additional pay wall. And the remaining fights are via PPV. How is anyone supposed to be a UFC fan these days?

And now its confirmed that Gus vs Manuwa is exclusive to Fight Pass. So later we're expected to buy a PPV to see Jones vs a contender that was chosen through a fight that most people will never have seen? *sigh*

You've gotta be kidding me...

Meanwhile, WWE Network launches and offers tons of additional content. Wheras, UFCFP takes away content once given for free and paywalls it. Genius way to build up new stars.

(I see Saturday's event is locked on FP as well)
i had no idea there was an event

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

You liar. There's no way they ran events in three consecutive weeks with not a single one being worthy of...

Welterweight Dong Hyun Kim vs. John Hathaway
Welterweight Sai Wang vs. Lipeng Zhang
Heavyweight Matt Mitrione vs. Shawn Jordan
Bantamweight Nam Phan vs. Vaughan Lee
Featherweight Hatsu Hioki vs. Ivan Menjivar

Wow. Really selling that 10 bucks a month right there. And the week after you've got Jimi Manuwa in a main event. Move over Netflix, I've got a new must-buy streaming service.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
You've gotta be kidding me...

Meanwhile, WWE Network launches and offers tons of additional content. Wheras, UFCFP takes away content once given for free and paywalls it. Genius way to build up new stars.

We need to partner with Wrassle-GAF and create a Sports Entertainment OT. I want a way off this sinking ship when the time comes.

Heel

That same weekend has the opening Bellator's Bad Heavyweight tournament, RFA, GLORY 14 and Canelo vs. Angulo. I ain't even mad.

Top Bottom