• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hunt vs Silva - that's my 2013 MOTY. I couldn't have asked for more.

Does my good friend Gr1m have me on ignore?
Kappa.gif

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
"I'm kind of sick of seeing UFC light heavyweights fight against kind of like 'cans' until they get a title shot. I really want to see a top contender fight a top contender and I think you need to fight someone a little bit more well-known than Patrick Cummins."

Is this a special way of Jones telling us he only wants to fight once this year?

"I'm kind of sick of seeing UFC light heavyweights fight against kind of like 'cans' until they get a title shot. I really want to see a top contender fight a top contender and I think you need to fight someone a little bit more well-known than Patrick Cummins."

Is this a special way of Jones telling us he only wants to fight once this year?
It's not like Cormier set out to fight Cummins and it's not like the UFC initially intended to book that fight.

Am I on some delusional hype train or am I right in believing that Manuwa is a beast that can probably take out at least half of the top 10 at light heavy?

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
When's the next nerdchat? I actually have an interesting story from work last night...

I think I'm about to go on a LeBron James-like path of destruction after taking so many Ls and finally getting that elusive W.

bone_and_sinew

Replace Van Damme's frown with a smile, the bottle of smirnoff(?) with a bottle of crown, two chicks on my lap, something emitting smoke on my right hand, and that sums up my past 16 hours...

and I'm still not done partying. Gotta go across town to re-up some, ahem, supplies. T'was a happy birthday indeed.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Didn't they say they would air off-hour Fight Pass fights later in primetime on FS1/FS2? I see nothing for Gus/Jimi. I bet they have less than 50k subs.

Didn't they say they would air off-hour Fight Pass fights later in primetime on FS1/FS2? I see nothing for Gus/Jimi. I bet they have less than 50k subs.

I don't think its gonna air on tv. And I'm starting to wonder now about UFC 171 prelims. FS1 has basketball listed that night.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I'm not sure what the protocol is for dealing with a surprise visit from the parents. I do know that 'get a hair cut and find a job' seems to be a classic not unlike freebird. Also my dad is starting to look alarmingly like hitler.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
Replace Van Damme's frown with a smile, the bottle of smirnoff(?) with a bottle of crown, two chicks on my lap, something emitting smoke on my right hand, and that sums up my past 16 hours...

and I'm still not done partying. Gotta go across town to re-up some, ahem, supplies. T'was a happy birthday indeed.

I think we need the full story here...

Dysun

nothing like cramming for a network security midterm 2 days before the test when youve been zoned out in class all semester
fucking encrypt this, hash that, blablabla

I think we need the full story here...
Friday is Bellator.. I'm hoping to see you all in the chat then. I just got news that I'm not working that night and will be missing yet another episode of Hannibal which is a bummer, so I'll be watching Bellator instead and will be in nerd chat.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
It's not like Cormier set out to fight Cummins and it's not like the UFC initially intended to book that fight.

I can see where Jones is coming from when he says he wants to fight an established contender, considering that:

Machida got his shot after recycling Randy and because there was no-one else.
Vitor got his shot because he was the first one to pick up the phone.
Chael got his shot because he's Chael.
Glover got his shot on the back of his win streak and the fact there's no-one else in the top five worthy of a shot at the moment.

Yeah. You can forgive the guy for wanting to fight proven, top contenders. Especially after the comments like "you finally fought a guy your size and he hammered you" after the Gustafsson fight. It's like Jones needs to prove himself again.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
I can see where Jones is coming from when he says he wants to fight an established contender, considering that:

Glover got his shot on the back of his win streak and the fact there's no-one else in the top five worthy of a shot at the moment.

Yeah. You can forgive the guy for wanting to fight proven, top contenders. Especially after the comments like "you finally fought a guy your size and he hammered you" after the Gustafsson fight. It's like Jones needs to prove himself again.
Yeah but by the same token he's said that the contenders are getting easy fights whilst he gets all the dogs.

If he wants to fight a proven contender, he shouldve agreed to a Gus rematch. I think he amply proved hes a contender in that fight. That shouldve been an instant rematch, Bones lost that fight and he knows it.

Then why doesn't Jones call out anybody? Why doesn't he show interest in fighting off his division (super fight vs Weidman/Cain)? Why no interest in a rematch against Gus? He chooses Glover, but Cormier isn't good enough?

Dude is a bitch.

I mean, Jones not taking the rematch with Gus is what it is... but what champion calls out challengers? Call out other champs, sure. Challengers though.. nah.

I bet Weidman would fight Jones in a second

Not for nothing though, DC has proven himself to be a contender.

-Undefeated
-Won the HW SF tourney
-Beat up Mir & Nelson
-Crushed a can

I say he deserves the shot based on the fact that he was ranked no 1 or 2 in the HW rankings

Vio-Lence

Banned
Jones (stephen) will fight anybody Dana White (calvin candie) tells him.

he'll say sure thing boss, like the rest of the ufc roster.

bone_and_sinew

Bone, you dissapoint me so much. Im so emotional right now!
Why should I live in history, huh? Fuck, I don't want to know anything anymore. This is a world where nothing is solved. Someone once told me, "Time is a flat circle." Everything we've ever done or will do we're gonna do over and over and over again.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Why should I live in history, huh? Fuck, I don't want to know anything anymore. This is a world where nothing is solved. Someone once told me, "Time is a flat circle." Everything we've ever done or will do we're gonna do over and over and over again.

I think we lost bone. He is in Carcosa now.

Top Bottom