• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

VD9C7RH.png

pC0vSoN.png

CYBz34C.png

d6Rs8iT.png

FBMKlDK.png

SQK7Cd2.png

UOf1lYt.png

rweRurK.png

next time you see them will be in the OT.

The OP should include the Dana quote from when he was all about THQ and talked shit about EA.

“EA doesn’t give a fuck about mixed martial arts. They made that very clear.”

or

"I went to EA Sports. Know what EA Sports said? ‘It’s not a sport. This isn’t a sport. We would never get involved in something like this.’ Fuck you."

;)

Heel

I wish Dana used his sway with Iron Mike to get him in the kideo. Let you train his sprawl for two weeks and see what happens. Maybe next time, if there is one.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
What a weird night. Got woken up by a dog licking my feet. The girls were making mac and cheese at 2 am. I think I have braids. And im not drunk. Although I think I should be

Edit. Holy shit the warrior died? That blows

Woke up to Warrior dying too. Fucking shitty day already. I never really get bent out of shape for celeb deaths, but as a kid I truly idolized the guy.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
I had a thought last night after re-absorbing the Bruce Lee thread. Serpentor ended up losing because they didn't include enough Yip Man genes.

Edit. Holy shit the warrior died? That blows
Yeah, that was weird news. It's hell getting old and seeing all the people you used to believe in as immortal to be shown as anything but.

FACE

Banned
I find it really weird that people are excited for a full price re-release of an year-old game. I guess that is what happens when your $400 console doesn't have good games nor backwards compatibility.

FACE

Banned
Dark Souls PC wasn't released at full price. $40 was too much though, specially considering the quality(or lack thereof) of the port.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Yeah, I hope that's not the default price point for the coming avalanche of re-releases. Although, I probably wouldn't buy many, if any remasters of last gen games. I bought a bunch of PS2 remasters, though.

Heel

1 UFC Fight Night 39: Minotauro vs. Nelson 4/11/14
2 TUF Nations Finale 4/16/14
3 UFC on FOX 11: Werdum vs. Browne 4/19/14
4 UFC 172: Jones vs. Teixeira 4/26/14
5 UFC Fight Night 40: Brown vs. Silva 5/10/14
6 UFC 173: Barao vs. Dillashaw 5/24/14
7 UFC Fight Night 41: Munoz vs. Mousasi 5/31/14
8 UFC Fight Night 42: dos Santos vs. Miocic 5/31/14

9 UFC Fight Night 43: Henderson vs. Khabilov 6/7/14
10 UFC 174: Johnson vs. Bagautinov 6/14/14
11 UFC Fight Night: Te Huna vs. Marquardt 6/28/14
12 UFC Fight Night: Swanson vs. Stephens 6/28/14

13 UFC 175: Weidman vs. Machida 7/5/14

Some talk that JDS might be out of the Miocic fight with an injury.

This sport is about to turn into an excuse to have a weekly nerd chat session. See you in the wrasslin' thread bruddas.

VoxPop

174 Main Event announced
Demetrious Johnson vs. Ali Bagautinov

sub 200k

Why do they think putting Mighty Mouse against one of the least interesting opponents for his first PPV is a good idea?

And that list of C-Tier Fight Night events..

jim-cornette.jpg

jesus.

Lambda Piscium said:
UFC 174 |OT| Joining Affliction and HERO'S in Valhalla

Affliction had some pretty stacked cards. Name wise at least.

Fedor Emelianenko ($300,000/no win bonus) def. Tim Sylvia ($800,000)

Andrei Arlovski ($750,000/$500,000 for show and $250,000 win bonus) def. Ben Rothwell ($250,000)

Josh Barnett ($300,000/no win bonus) def. Pedro Rizzo ($70,000)

Mark Hominick ($10,000/$5,000 for show and $5,000 win bonus) def. Savant Young ($7,000)

Matt Lindland ($300,000/$225,000 for show and $75,000 win bonus) def. Fabio Negao ($20,000)

Renato Sobral ($90,000/$60,000 for show and $30,000 win bonus) def. Mike Whitehead ($50,000)

Mike Pyle ($20,000/$15,000 for show and $5,000 win bonus) def. J.J. Ambrose ($5,000)

Vitor Belfort ($140,000/$70,000 for show and $70,000 win bonus) def. Terry Martin ($30,000)

Antonio Rogerio Nogueira ($50,000/no win bonus) def. Edwin Dewees ($15,000)

Paul Buentello ($80,000/$60,000 for show and $20,000 win bonus) def. Gary Goodridge ($25,000)

Fedor Emelianenko ($300,000 with no win bonus) def. Andrei Arlovski ($1,500,000)

Josh Barnett ($500,000 with no win bonus)def. Gilbert Yvel ($30,000)

Vitor Belfort ($200,000 including $80,000 win bonus)def. Matt Lindland ($225,000)

Renato "Babalu" Sobral ($90,000 including $30,000 win bonus)def. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou ($50,000)

Paul Buentello ($90,000 including $20,000 win bonus)def. Kiril Sidelnikov ($10,000)

Dan Lauzon ($23,160 including $11,160 win bonus)def. Bobby Green ($4,000)

Jay Hieron ($45,000 including $25,000 win bonus)def. Jason High ($10,000)

Antonio Rogerio Nogueira ($150,000 including $30,000 win bonus)def. Vladimir Matyushenko ($50,000)

L.C. Davis ($13,500 including $6,500 win bonus)def. Bao Quach ($7,000)

Albert Rios ($6,000 including $3,000 win bonus)def. Antonio Duarte ($3,000)

Brett Cooper ($10,000 including $5,000 win bonus)def. Patrick Speight ($2,000)

dem payouts

bone, do you finally accept in your heart and soul that Neymar is the biggest fuckin flop in the history of professional sports?

y or n

Heel

Dave Doyle @davedoylemma
Asked Dana about Ronda-Gina: "I'd do Ronda and Gina." Everyone in room cracks up, Dana turns Bert red.

ie6gxLnIZNkd5.gif

Dave Doyle ‏@davedoylemma
After things calmed down he said "I'd make that fight."

Almost watched a drunk guy kill my dog. Came from behind and pushed her into the road, almost got hit. Then was going to bash one of the two squared pavement rocks he was holding, on her. Threw him on the ground and disarmed him. Screaming all over the place. Then another dude comes by and hits me full blown in the chest. I'm like what the fuck.. Starts asking why I'm beating him down for being black. Tell him I ain't even beating him, and it's not because he's black. Girl and her friend yell at him defending me. He says that if he sees a white man beating a black man he's going to kill me. I get a look at one of the rocks on the ground, but girl tells me to leave. I leave while he's talking shit about colors.

Man my dog almost died. Fucking insane people out there.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Almost watched a drunk guy kill my dog. Came from behind and pushed her into the road, almost got hit. Then was going to bash one of the two squared pavement rocks he was holding, on her. Threw him on the ground and disarmed him. Screaming all over the place. Then another dude comes by and hits me full blown in the chest. I'm like what the fuck.. Starts asking why I'm beating him down for being black. Tell him I ain't even beating him, and it's not because he's black. Girl and her friend yell at him defending me. He says that if he sees a white man beating a black man he's going to kill me. I get a look at one of the rocks on the ground, but girl tells me to leave. I leave while he's talking shit about colors.

Man my dog almost died. Fucking insane people out there.

I know how you feel. Any threat to my dog...it's on. No fucking around. My dog is like the child I never conceived.

I know how you feel. Any threat to my dog...it's on. No fucking around. My dog is like the child I never conceived.

There was a moment there where I had him in a choke and I pressed his jaw a little to the side, and I could just feel his neck starting to stress. I don't know if it even works that way but I thought about applying the rest of my strength and see if his neck broke. I legit thought about killing him right there and then because of what he was about to do to my dog...

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
bone, do you finally accept in your heart and soul that Neymar is the biggest fuckin flop in the history of professional sports?

y or n
No, I can think of like 5 bigger flops from the Miami Dolphins alone. We passed on Drew Brees TWICE. But he is for sure a catastrophic flop for Barça. Even without hindsight I'd rather have bought a pair of cbs.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Dave Doyle @davedoylemma
Asked Dana about Ronda-Gina: "I'd do Ronda and Gina." Everyone in room cracks up, Dana turns Bert red.

ie6gxLnIZNkd5.gif

Dave Doyle ‏@davedoylemma
After things calmed down he said "I'd make that fight."

It'll be a cold ass day in hell before Gina Carano makes 135.

So Nick saw Hector throw around his buddy Jake like a ragdoll and dominate the shit out of him in a grappling-centric MMA fight and is going to take a fight vs Hector next?

Maybe Nick was outside getting high during that fight because he knows all too well how boring Jake Shields fights are and still hasn't watched it.

Remember brehs, UFC Fight Night 39 on Friday, only on Fight Pass:

UFC_ABU_DHABI_POSTER.jpg

Main Card (UFC Fight Pass)

Heavyweight Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Roy Nelson
Featherweight Clay Guida vs. Tatsuya Kawajiri
Welterweight John Howard vs. Ryan LaFlare
Lightweight Ramsey Nijem vs. Beneil Dariush

Preliminary card (UFC Fight Pass)

Heavyweight Jared Rosholt vs. Daniel Omielanczuk
Bantamweight Rani Yahya vs. Johnny Bedford
Middleweight Thales Leites vs. Trevor Smith
Middleweight Chris Camozzi vs. Andrew Craig