• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

Canadian Olympic women's bobsled champion Kaile Humphries was posing with a UFC title belt today and doing promotional stuff for the TUF Nations finale in Quebec........I wonder if she would ever try and fight......she did switch from rugby to bobsleigh and win back to back golds.......she learns quick

I dont know how tall she is but she looks like she'd have trouble making 135. Looks very big boned/framed.

Vitor talking

http://instagram.com/p/myvIZfoWtZ/

Martial arts came into my life to mean discipline and respect, and it happened when I was only 8 years old when I started practicing judo. I see my responsibility 'sporting heroes "who have influenced my career and therefore always felt obliged to reciprocate with an athlete who represented the sport with the same discipline and respect I was taught when I started almost 30 years ago. The fight Wanderlei Silva and Sonnen on TUF Brazil Chanel program embarrass me. Firstly, because MMA is not fight, is prepared people fight in an octagon. This is what I do. I do not fight, I fight. Secondly, no more room for a sport like MMA accepting this behavior when the very modality has clear rules for unsportsmanlike attitudes outside the ring. Third and most importantly, the MMA can not, ever, influence behavior where the discussion ends in assault as if it was the appropriate behavioral model. Millions of young people are subjected to violence inside and outside the school, the television can not be driving this behavior and even less, athletes should represent any uncontrolled violent attitude, whatever the provocation whatever. MMA fighters must urgently be aware that their behavior inside and outside of octagons can influence millions of people for good and for evil, I chose to influence for good because the MMA also chose this path. Anything outside of that has ceased to be MMA fight and it is definitely is not me.

Heel

HGH Vitor makes a good point.

"I do not fight, I fight." vs. "Fight is fight."

Book it, Dana.

AWFMfV3.jpg

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Vitor learning from GSP, fighting forbtue moral high fround through words, not actions, holding his arms straight at all times so no one can see the telltale sharp elbows.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Leave it up to me to figure out a way to combine sleep deprivation with insomnia...vitor rockin dat ronnie coleman belly.

muddream

Banned
Vitor might actually die from lack of TRT medication, methinks he'll attempt the most unsustainable cycle of all time and clog every artery in his body. Dana = sicko fuck.

muddream

Banned
3k6ujUx.jpg

One of the greatest displays of raw machismo. Tyrone didn't turn into a scream queen and Saki wasn't overjoyed about God breaking a leg for him.

Heel

I would embrace a kickboxing future, that's for sure. Really liking GLORY's "one big event a month" approach.

Glory to make PPV debut June 21: 8 man Last Man Standing Middleweight tournament featured

On June 21, Glory will make their PPV debut. The show, titled "Last Man Standing" will be live from Los Angeles, and will feature a one night 8 man tournament in the Middleweight division. The following six names were announced as tournament participants:

Joe Schilling - Ranked #2 in Glory, Schilling won last year's MW tournament at Glory 10, defeating favorite Artem Levin in the finals.

Wayne Barrett (#4) - Barrett is only 4-0, but already holds a win over Schilling, defeating him in a great fight at Glory 12 New York.

Alex Pereira (#6) - Pereira won the MW contender tournament at Glory 14 Zagreb to earn this spot.

Melvin Manhoef (Debut) - Any kickboxing fan (and most MMA fans) know Manhoef. The cult favorite makes his Glory debut here.

Simon Marcus (Debut) - Arguably the best MW in the world, Marcus holds wins over Artem Levin and Schilling, both under Muay Thai rules.

Bogdan Stoica (Debut) - A popular fighter from Romania, Stoica has fought mainly in SuperKombat, and is the brother of Glory 15's Andrei Stoica.

Interestingly, according to the Glory 15 announcement, the PPV will take place immediately after Glory 17, a separate show that will presumably air on Spike.

This seems like a small misstep, though. Even if the tournament is crazy good, in general I don't think the U.S. is ready to pay for this sport. TNA pay-per-view numbers if they're lucky.

oneils

Is there a thread for tomorrow's event in Quebec City?

I'm gonna be there! A buddy of mine convinced me to tag along with him. Meeting him there tomorrow.

Will be cool to see the TUF nations finale.

Heel

Jon Jones, confirmed cis male scum? I hope the UFC does the right thing and releases him.

ChampagneDanii ‏@DanielJavid 3h
Jon Jones stalked me on insta through twitter, blocked me & called me a fag 5 times.
@AlexTheMauler knock him out pic.twitter.com/a5OS9CJ2Y8

4eaddc04c4dd11e380520002c9d78d6e_8.jpg

http://instagram.com/p/lhjsWKSCkd/#

Story checks out.

The kickboxing community is a lot more tight knit and most of the guys at the top know each other very well and have trained together at some point. In some later years of the K-1 World GP a lot of the guys who would advance were Golden Glory guys and they all had to be ready to fight each other.

Oh and fucking cispeople. They're the worst.

Is there a thread for tomorrow's event in Quebec City?

I'm gonna be there! A buddy of mine convinced me to tag along with him. Meeting him there tomorrow.

Will be cool to see the TUF nations finale.

if poly makes it. i only offer my services to big cards (and the Bellator PPV).

Dysun

Yeah, Luke is a little heavy on the 'cism trigger. The way he states his opinion is pretty abrasive, but I think he's on point the majority of the time.

He's good at MMA commentary but his jump to all Jon Jones haters are secret racists and don't even know they are was pretty fucking stupid

Heel

ChampagneDanii ‏@DanielJavid 48s
@MiddleEasy i blocked jon jones, he cant erase his comments

Rekt. Looking forward to Dana's mental gymnastics to keep Jon on the roster.

Heel

Ariel Helwani ‏@arielhelwani 29s
Per his manager @malkikawa, @jonnybones lost his phone today, someone got it and began sending derogatory messages on Instragam. Wasn't him.

Well played, Malki.

Top Bottom