• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

JLB had some fights in Pride. He knocked out Don Frye.

that was K-1 rules.

he only fought in MMA for FEG. beat a bunch of cans, Ambriz, Akiyama, Karaev.

speaking of JLB:

http://www.dockslehavre.com/Programmation/Docks-Oceane-FINAL-FIGHT--GALA-DE-BOXE--59247.htm

JqFD5ob.jpg

It was nice to see Cote and Tim win, kind of a big win for TK if you ask me.

Good win, but Tim looked like chit. He deff won't last with the elite of the division and Bispings worst enemy is himself. If Mike had some finishing power than he would be a legit threat. That being said Bisping is the most harmless fighter and lowest risk/highest reward fighter on the roster.

Bisping tends to make all of his opponents look bad other than Hendo. That's his thing.

And that whole going crosseyed thing couldn't have happened to a better guy. Poetic justice for what he did to Belcher's eyes if you ask me.

Brehs, other than maybe 168, the card this weekend looks to be the best in the past year or more. How this is free but 173 will cost $55 confuses me greatly.

Brehs, other than maybe 168, the card this weekend looks to be the best in the past year or more. How this is free but 173 will cost $55 confuses me greatly.
Agreed. I had to do a double take when I saw the whole lineup. Stacked. And not being promoted for shit.

I guess after Fox has been given so many Mighty Mouse bullshit main events it made them kinda numb to the whole UFC thing. Can't blame em.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
So for the record Paul Heyman says that employees for WWE get a free WWE Network subscription. Meanwhile Jon Bones the UFC's LHW Champion was asking on twitter for a free UFC fightpass account.

dark times friends

VASPER

Banned
Good win, but Tim looked like chit. He deff won't last with the elite of the division and Bispings worst enemy is himself. If Mike had some finishing power than he would be a legit threat. That being said Bisping is the most harmless fighter and lowest risk/highest reward fighter on the roster.

Yeah if he is anything he's a gatekeeper at best, Bisping will probably never have a title shot. I was reading the other day that he has no wins over current UFC fighters.

strobogo

Banned
So for the record Paul Heyman says that employees for WWE get a free WWE Network subscription. Meanwhile Jon Bones the UFC's LHW Champion was asking on twitter for a free UFC fightpass account.

dark times friends

The same Fight Pass that doesn't have 1/4th the content or value of the WWE Network? And they can't let their top people get a free trial? Lol.

Miesha will be the Bisping of her division.

Romero and Werdum really put it on last night.
Cain is gonna rek' Fabi boy pretty badly. Its unfortunate for all other heavyweights that Cain exists...

Heel

http://www.cagepotato.com/is-it-time-to-admit-mma-will-never-become-a-mainstream-success/

UFC on FOX 11 was one of the better cards in recent memory, but nobody outside of the MMA bubble cared.

Only 1.98 million viewers tuned in—the lowest ever for a UFC event on Fox and a 27% decline from UFC on FOX 10. FOX lost out to every other major network in total viewers, and only beat CBS in the key 18-49 demo.

“Fighting is in our DNA,” Dana White likes to maintain.

When a rerun of Mike and Molly draws more viewers than free fights, one has to question whether MMA will ever achieve the mainstream popularity fans and pundits have been anticipating for years now

UFC on FOX 1: 5.70M viewers (3.1 rating)
UFC on FOX 2: 4.70M viewers (2.6 rating)
UFC on FOX 3: 2.42M viewers (1.5 rating)
UFC on FOX 4: 2.44M viewers (1.4 rating)
UFC on FOX 5: 4.40M viewers (2.5 rating)
UFC on FOX 6: 4.22M viewers (2.4 rating)
UFC on FOX 7: 3.70M viewers (2.2 rating)
UFC on FOX 8: 2.38M viewers (1.5 rating)
UFC on FOX 9: 2.80M viewers (1.8 rating)
UFC on FOX 10: 3.22M viewers (1.9 rating)
UFC on FOX 11: 1.99M viewer (0.8 rating)

ib2akwYDvkuasU.gif

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I've barely paid any attention to the UFC lately, and I've been big into combat sports for the last ~12 years.

These cards have been thin as hell and way too frequent. They're not events anticipated in advance anymore, they're just some dudes fighting, oh and now some other dudes fighting the next day.

I'm in the bubble and I barely watch it anymore. I still DVR most of the events, but sometimes I just delete them without watching them to make space for other shit. I've also completely given up on TUF after watching every season up until the nations garbage they just ran. Product is too diluted. I don't even care about most of the names that I happen to recognize, which is becoming rarer as these janky favela cards keep piling up.

I watched the event last night solely for Cerrone/Barbosa, though I did leave the rest of the show on as background noise while sitting at my computer, hoping that Travis Browne and his illegal elbows would lose in the main. I can't think of another fight this year I really wanted to see. There may have been one or two, but I can't think of any. I'm more excited about Pat Barry making his Glory debut than anything on the horizon in the UFC.

Dysun

They diluted the product to the point that even good cards don't register any more. It's too bad, but fans are probably sick of seeing Mighty Mouse and Ben Henderson headline boring Fox cards

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
If they want to continue with the 9 billion cards a year, they need to rebrand the low-tier (yeah yeah, 99% of them are) cards under a new organization name.

If they want to continue with the 9 billion cards a year, they need to rebrand the low-tier (yeah yeah, 99% of them are) cards under a new organization name.

i was talking about this last night in the chat.

they should've kept Pride FC to develop asian fighters.

WEC or Strikeforce as the NA minor league.

buy Ilha Combat or some shit in Brazil.

Cage Warriors in Europe.

Heel

Let's be real brehs, Dana will blame these ratings on low HUT numbers due to Easter Bunny shopping.

I don't see UFC making any meaningful changes stateside unless something dramatic happens, like FOX pulling the plug. It's sad, but you almost have to wish for a sport you enjoy to implode and enter another dark age just to have the viewing experience improve.

At least we have a billionaire combat sports enthusiast putting on amazing kickboxing cards once a month.

Razdek

Banned
When you put out shit card after shit card so frequently the product is going to decline. They need to cut down their roster, frequency of fights, and do better match making to turn things around. But in reality they don't and next season we'll see TUF Iraq or something.

Top Bottom