• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

God guys...you remember this

ufc-94.jpg

or THIS

UFC_79_Official_Promotional_Poster.jpg

psst no tears only dreams now

IMG_4974.jpg

MjFrancis

I haven't watched a fight in weeks and I caught the last FOX card. I was pleased with it. When you watch them this infrequently, they do become more of an event than a banal happening.

Cowboy came back and got a win when it really looked like he should have lost. And he did it against someone who was arguably a top tenner in the lightweight division. Cerrone may be slightly better than gatekeeper status after all. Still has a glass jaw, but talented nonetheless. And moreso than that his three fight win streak is met with three finishes and three fight honors and bonuses. This guy never gets enough credit in this sport.

Fabricio Werdum showed the world (or two million people, at least) that Travis Browne is a one-dimensional fighter. Aside from not finishing him, he tooled Browne around the Octagon for most of 25 minutes. I'm interested to see how he fares against Cain Velasquez. Velasquez has fought three guys in four years, and while he's done fantastic against those few people I'm interested to see him fight someone different for a change. Werdum may be outclassed, but he was the underdog here (very undeservingly so) and has been noticeably improving since his loss to Overeem.

My wife and I talked about this, but I suggest the UFC double their fighter's paydays or figure out some way to bolster the HW and LHW divisions. Cain Velasquez should be the worst HW on their roster, but if you can make many times more money playing for the NFL you're never going to step foot in the octagon. My wife suggested that the fight bonuses be doubled or tripled instead. Can't disagree with that, either. Give these guys a good payday to fight over.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
i never watched TUF. have no idea what goes on on the show aside from gifs.
They've changed the format a little bit. It's now more grown men crying than grown men peeing in each other's food. I gave up on the last two episodes of the Canada vs Australia season because I got tired of the goddamn clip shows in a goddamn reality show, which tells you more about their perceived target audience than it does the producers.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's true. SHW is a draw. People want majesty, they want larger than life characters.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
http://www.reddit.com/r/MMA/comments...if_collection/

lol I missed a few of these moments. Doesn't even include Werdum summoning Hapa into his guard before the kip-up, ala Werdum vs. Overeem.

gILygJI.gif

Masterful performance by Werdum. Seamless transitions between his dominant troll game and his continually improving striking. Hard to pick a favourite moment but the fake-out at the end of the first and no-selling Browne's headkick are up there.

Sarah Kaufman said:
Because Browne is so respectful. Yelling "10 SECONDS!" after the clapper has sounded is hardly trash talk. Werdum probably did it as a favour because he couldn't tell if Browne was still aware of his surroundings by that point.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Did anybody see the new Dana White UFC 172 vlog?

He said that UFC 172 is probably the most stacked card in UFC history.

What the fuck.

He says that for every card. Gotta sell them wolf tickets.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
On that note too, peoples' 60th birthdays will be special because they can debut. And almost every "new" 60 year old would be a force to be reckoned with due to age.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Even though Shamrock looks like he's about a step away from death, he's only 50, as are most of those guys.

Fighers love Fight Pass!

Danny Castillo said:
“I’m not even on TV, and it’s, like, I’m coming off a ‘Fight of the Night’ performance. A ‘Fight of the Night’ performance, and that’s how they do me?

This is going to be my 18th fight with Zuffa. I’ve been fighting some of the best names in the sport when I came into the sport. After seven months of training I was in the WEC. I’ve fought the Donald Cerrones, I’ve fought the Anthony Pettises, I beat Ricardo Lamases, and I beat Dustin Poirier. Those are some big names in the sport right now, and I’m on the Fight Pass.”

"Look man. I haven't seen the numbers but my guys tell me we've got fuckin millions of subscribers from every fuckin country in the world watching this Fight Pass. Its probably the number one website on the internet and these fucking guys are gonna complain about fucking being on there? Connor McGregor and Ronda Rousey said they'd love to be on Fight Pass and fight anyone."

Top Bottom