• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

Heel

The Super Bowl of MMA has begun, friends. Dweeb Chat?

CsxuOVJ.jpg

medication put me to sleep. was Bellator good, fellas?
Tito actually won which surprised me, Michael Page was clowning like crazy and Willu Books got the upset vs Chandler..

But Mo went out like a bitch. Shot in for a takedown at the very first second and it was clear all he wanted to do was hug QRJ. It was shameful. For once, the judges saw through the serpentine tactics of a LnPer and gave the win to QRJ as it should've been. In PRIDE, Mo would've gotten the red card easily.

It's too bad King MO isn't much of fighter because he'd be a brilliant heel if he could fuck some people up.

Him in the UFC, would be gold.

dream

Can anyone decipher this quote from Big Bob Sapp?:

“Towards the end of my career what ended up happening is I had some large medical bills at that time for being a professional fighter our medical bills we had to get carried by our self which means we are unable to get medical insurance so we had to pay everything in cash so if you get a gash on your eye that’s going to cost you roughly about 7,000 US dollars if you ofcouse have to pay for your trainer and you want to pay for your manager and ofcourse just your normal living expenses if your fighting for about 40,000 dollars after taxes your looking at about 31,000 is what your going to have. Now if your paying your trainer and your manager 10% and then you’ve got to do another 7,000 dollars for a bill just for your fighting that can really really put you in the hole. Now towards the end of my career I had to make a decision should I number 1 help others which means should have I given someone my money to the fighters that came before me and pay some of their medical bills for some of them that had brain damage same thing with some of the pro wrestlers should I also give back to my fans should I allow them to come to some of my fighting events should I then go around the world and make sure I can of course collect revenue and I of course can share my revenue with all of the fans before I do end and that’s exactly what I did. As far as what retired me it’s very simple I have what’s called accountability I have the ability to do my own accounting and when you have well over 10 million dollars theres no longer a need to step into the ring anymore so when your able to do that and follow the great steps of financial gurus such as Dave Ramsey when your able to put that all together with the wisdom and the truth that you encountered through your travels one of which ofcourse is Japan when you combine the two that gives you profitability so now I have the ability to strictly make a profit.

“I no longer have a need to go into the ring for 40,000 for a fight when I’m making well last month it was somewhere in that realm of over 1 million dollars. I don’t need to do that any longer.”

Razdek

Banned
damn straight. no offense to FACE but goddamn, when even the cops tell you to don't scream while getting robbed/raped it tells you everything you need to know.

http://www.ibtimes.com/2014-brazil-...hen-robbed-says-brochure-aimed-soccer-1586249

only good thing out of this WC is that they'll remove the Olympics from there and into a proper place.

The funny thing is it's probably going to be the cops doing all the robbing as well. Those guys are corrupt as fuck down there.

FACE

Banned
Faisch, friend, is it true you've fully embraced the dark side of gaming and now buy DOTA 2 hats?

No? I buy the occasional tournament ticket and that's about it.

damn straight. no offense to FACE but goddamn, when even the cops tell you to don't scream while getting robbed/raped it tells you everything you need to know.

http://www.ibtimes.com/2014-brazil-...hen-robbed-says-brochure-aimed-soccer-1586249

only good thing out of this WC is that they'll remove the Olympics from there and into a proper place.

None taken.

The only other good thing about this WC is that now I have even more reasons to stay tucked in at home.

Heel

No? I buy the occasional tournament ticket and that's about it.

What I'm saying is, how close are you to embracing the iOS future and challenging me to a game of Hearthstone on your new iPad? I feel like we're closer than ever.

Watching the MMA hour and noticing all the KFC buckets and stuff everywhere made me realize, Ariel Helwani has really become the Geoff Keighley of MMA.

And Mo is acting salty as fuck on there right now.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I noticed that too over the past few weeks. I was just waiting for somebody to get super pissed if KFC sponsored a story on a black fighter.

Watching the MMA hour and noticing all the KFC buckets and stuff everywhere made me realize, Ariel Helwani has really become the Geoff Keighley of MMA.

And Mo is acting salty as fuck on there right now.

Watch TUF - the fighters are sleeping on pillows with KFC pillow cases. I shit you not.

Top Bottom