• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

Chael's original opponent Wanderlei ran out the back of a gym to avoid taking a test he knew he'd fail
Chael's new opponent Vitor failed a test months ago
Now Chael failed his test

This sport is literally better out of the octagon than it is in it

iddqd

Amazing stuff, just amazing.

Can't wait to hear what he is going to say in his statement AND what Vitor comes out with.
Those random drug tests are giving us the UFC news we deserve!

Chael's original opponent Wanderlei ran out the back of a gym to avoid taking a test he knew he'd fail
Chael's new opponent Vitor failed a test months ago
Now Chael failed his test

This sport is literally better out of the octagon than it is in it

the only answer is a threeway TRT on a pole match.

Into

Haha

Meltzer and Alvarez now have to talk about their good buddy Chael failing the test and being no better than the people they have been thrashing for months.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Haha

Meltzer and Alvarez now have to talk about their good buddy Chael failing the test and being no better than the people they have been thrashing for months.

Or they can just ignore Chael's history of cheating, lying, and felonying like they have for the past few years.

Dana really needs to stop putting Chael on TV so much, on FOX, analyzing and shit. He's a bad face for the sport if he's going to be failing drug tests.

Missed the Sony presser but I heard there were no megatons other than Adam Boyes shouting out GAF.

Was at the premiere for my uncle's new flick called Third Person and had an awkward moment tonight when Maria Bello swore she met me some time back in the day and I couldn't recall it for the life of me though.

Should've followed Peter Venkman's words of wisdom when he said "If Gozer asks if you are a god YOU SAY YES"
She wanted the D breh

Brett Okamoto ‏@bokamotoESPN 54s

BREAKING NEWS: Chael Sonnen fails random drug test in Nevada. Full details here. http://goo.gl/zNM2NW

SMH

Do they even bother finding someone else for Belfort to fight?
lol oh man .. it's like M Night Shamalamadingdong is scripting UFC fights now.

Dana really needs to stop putting Chael on TV so much, on FOX, analyzing and shit. He's a bad face for the sport if he's going to be failing drug tests.
Isn't he a convicted felon too?

iddqd

Ridiculous stuff.
- There should not be any difference in testing whether you have a fight lined up or not (something Dana disagrees with)

- It's correct that he things he tested for a not enhancers itself but they MASK enhancers.
He got caught with everything but the freshly fired gun and is complaining.

This will only be trumped by silly Vitor quotes at his hearing (Jesus made me clean)
AND the UFC still letting them fight.

OH and I had no clue:
The judge that scored the fight 30-27 for Sanchez was actually from Nevada. CRAZY

Heel

Heels avatar is brilliant!

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh BABY!

white-kid-dance-clubjnux3.gif

Dysun

This sport is boring enough already without neutering the only colorful personalities they have.

I don't care if he got caught cheating or laundering money if he entertains me

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
That NeoGAF facebook group was actually good for something, and not just full of people whining about other people's threads.

Into

Or they can just ignore Chael's history of cheating, lying, and felonying like they have for the past few years.

I just listened to their latest podcast about this whole ordeal, and its Meltzer dancing around Chael doing this and trying to muddy the issue.

Yet they took a gigantic shit on Wanderlei and Vitor for weeks now

They are all cheats, they should all be treated the same. But Chael is a "buddy" who appears on their podcast so that's that.

The reason that the stuff Chael got popped for is banned is not because it's PEDs, but rather because the only reason someone would take the stuff he did is in order to combat the side effects of coming off of some type of steroid. It's a telltale indicator that they've been juicing without actually finding the juice.

Thing is, Chael had explicit permission from this very commission to juice and now they've said he can't anymore. So OF COURSE he's coming off of it and managing the side effects. Again, the presence of the drugs in his system are not performance enhancing in and of themselves, they're just evidence that he's been taking some kind of testosterone type thing which he was well within his rights to do at the time. That's a way different situation than what happened with Vitor's failed test for high T and with Wand running for the hills.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
The reason that the stuff Chael got popped for is banned is not because it's PEDs, but rather because the only reason someone would take the stuff he did is in order to combat the side effects of coming off of some type of steroid. It's a telltale indicator that they've been juicing without actually finding the juice.

Thing is, Chael had explicit permission from this very commission to juice and now they've said he can't anymore. So OF COURSE he's coming off of it and managing the side effects. Again, the presence of the drugs in his system are not performance enhancing in and of themselves, they're just evidence that he's been taking some kind of testosterone type thing which he was well within his rights to do at the time. That's a way different situation than what happened with Vitor's failed test for high T and with Wand running for the hills.

I like your spin!
I have no idea about any of that stuff, and your explanation sounds plausible

VoxPop

Exactly the same thought process I had when I heard what was found in his system.

omg @ that chuck gif LOL

I think he should have his own ExcitedChuck gifs site like ShadFace

Top Bottom