• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

Chamber

love on your sleeve
81QVuU.gif

His hands... Chuck has no idea what's happening.

Dysun

Chael was the most entertaining fighter in the sport (outside the cage) by a long shot. He wasn't much of a threat anymore, but he always made me laugh and kept me interested.

With Chael Sonnen announcing his retirement from MMA on Wednesday, Vitor Belfort is officially off the UFC 175 card as well.

Yahoo! Sports' Kevin Iole first reported his removal from the card, and UFC Senior Director of Public Relations Dave Sholler confirmed that the UFC could not find another fighter to face him, so they removed him from the card.

According to Sholler, the UFC will announce a new bout order for the UFC 175 card in the coming days. Further, Ariel Helwani reported on Twitter that Belfort has been removed from the NAC's agenda next week, meaning his license situation remains in limbo.

If anything funnier than this Wanderlei/Vitor/Chael saga happens, end the sport immediately after.

MjFrancis

The shenanigans outside of the octagon are getting more ridiculous every day.

Goodbye Chael, you injected some entertainment into this sport and if it weren't for you dominating Anderson Silva for 4 1/2 rounds and getting sub'd I probably wouldn't be watching MMA at all.

LOL Wand now is going nuts and wants to fight Chael. This saga is just too much. They should just throw Vitor/Wand/Sonnen on a TRT on a pole match. Winner gets a title shot at MW or LHW

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Played the BF: Hardline beta this morning. itsfuckingbattlefield.gif

I don't know why I still bother with competitive military shooters.

Man The Ultimate Fighter is the worst. Every week is thirty minutes of 'they hate each other!', 'few people can stand up to me in the cage', 'I just wanna knock this guy out in the worst way', 'I need this for my family' followed by ten minutes of stalling against the fence with two guys that have the gas tank of heavyweights in Denver.

Man The Ultimate Fighter is the worst. Every week is thirty minutes of 'they hate each other!', 'few people can stand up to me in the cage', 'I just wanna knock this guy out in the worst way', 'I need this for my family' followed by ten minutes of stalling against the fence with two guys that have the gas tank of heavyweights in Denver.

I gave up on this show for that reason. This is the first American TUF I haven't seen. Season after season, everyone talks big game in the house and then grinds it out against the cage while trying to catch their breath when it's time to fight. Every once in awhile you'll get a fluke like Uriah Hall that crushes all the other amateurs in stunning fashion, but I can't keep gambling an hour of my life every week on the chance for that to happen.

Yep TUF Nations was the last straw for me.

dream

It would be like us making OT threads about Chael Sonnen retiring or Vitor being off of the 175 card. We don't do that. We don't do that because we are not attention-starved weirdos, desperate for validation outside of our bubble.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
It would be like us making OT threads about Chael Sonnen retiring or Vitor being off of the 175 card. We don't do that. We don't do that because we are not attention-starved weirdos, desperate for validation outside of our bubble.
Well now I feel better about not making that Chael thread.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

I struggle with this term 'us' that you keep using sir. Its inclusive by nature...yet you sir are absent in large. So... doth you please shut the fuck up?

Dysun

Fighters are worse than the usual trash this year. Shittiest season in a long time, maybe ever

Top Bottom