• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

Heel

Wow, looks like "Bjorn out, Coker in" at Bellator is nearing reality. Really interested to see where they go now. Plenty of room for improvement.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Fuck you Time Warner you piece of shit. Worst cable provider since they invented cables. If my cable box burst into flames and burned down my whole block i wouldnt be surprised.

Mousasi vs Jacare official for 176 and rumblings of Vitor vs Rockhold still a possibility for 176. As a ticket holder for the event this makes me very happy.

Fuck you Time Warner you piece of shit. Worst cable provider since they invented cables. If my cable box burst into flames and burned down my whole block i wouldnt be surprised.

After suffering under Time Warner for about a decade, I switched to ATT Uverse last November. The internet is just as bad as Time Warner, if not worse, but the TV stuff is great.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
After suffering under Time Warner for about a decade, I switched to ATT Uverse last November. The internet is just as bad as Time Warner, if not worse, but the TV stuff is great.

Unfortunately my only real alternative is Verizon. who i used to have and who were somehow worse than Time Warner.

dream

AN ULTIMATE SHOW HEADLINED BY DARTH BADER VS OSP AND CO-HEADLINED BY MAK VS "BRAD TAVARES"

jesus christ this fucking company

Heel

I feel like Coker can leverage his relationships with gyms and fighters instead of trying to handcuff them to contracts like the previous regime. Also, has the kind of crazy streak that could see some GLORY / TNA crossover shenanigans. The man understands the value of creating a spectacle.

Heel

Josh Gross ‏@yay_yee 3m
It's official. Scott Coker is Bellator's new president. He'll report to Spike TV president Kevin Kay. Conference call at 3 p.m. PT today.

Ariel Helwani ‏@arielhelwani 41s
Kay said they will "evolve the league format from a tournament-based organization to a more traditional model with big fights."

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Man the team behind EA UFC needs to be fucking shitcanned. All of them. The framerate and input lag is inexcusable for a fighting game.

sad to see tournaments go but as long as the champions fight more ofte... hahahaha.

Man the team behind EA UFC needs to be fucking shitcanned. All of them. The framerate and input lag is inexcusable for a fighting game.

you got swerved. EA UFC is a combat sports sim, not a fighting game.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

Ive played fighting games my entire life and those controls make me feel like someone broke my hands with a mallet and stuffed them in oven mitts

Chamber

love on your sleeve
you got swerved. EA UFC is a combat sports sim, not a fighting game.

iCGuChkmYIe6j.gif

The tournaments were dumb anyway. It feels like the winner barely ever fought the reigning champ and it just creates artificial restraints and complications.

Heel

Dat new baseline tho

It’s too early to get accurate numbers, but every indication we’ve gotten was very bad, and that it showed a steep decline from UFC 173, which was among the lower numbers of the last eight years. UFC PPV shows usually range from 200,000 to 500,000 Google searches after the event, and are usually in the top few searched for items in the country. A bad show may only do 100,000. Bellator’s show last month hit 100,000. A big show can top 500,000, with the shows that hover around 1 million buys usually doing anywhere from 1 million to 5 million searches. This show did less than 20,000, unheard of for a PPV.

Unlike UFC 173, which looked weak on paper and everyone knew wasn’t going to draw much, it still had Dan Henderson and Daniel Cormier in the No. 2 spot. They brought some star power in what was really the main event. It also had a lot to talk about after, due to T.J. Dillashaw’s upset win over Renan Barao.

This show didn’t have much interest going in. But most of the time, those type of shows deliver good action. This had none of that. It wasn’t terrible, but there was no fight you needed to see. As a likely sign of how the show went, Dana White didn’t even attend the post-fight press conference.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
The answer? More events. Spread them out that way if you cant get 200k views in one show..you can get 70k across 4..it averages out.

Heel

The answer? More events. Spread them out that way if you cant get 200k views in one show..you can get 70k across 4..it averages out.

Your UFC Math checks out, friend.

It was terrible though

Yeah, dream is being far too kind.

I told you, HARD TIMES are on the way for y'all.

The UFC's fate has been foretold since OT2, friend. Is beena "slow burn," if ya wiel.

Coker tha Gawd couldn't ask for a better chance to change the MMA landscape, especially with UFC running two shows in a single day filled to the brim with enhancement talent. I have a feeling he's going to abandon the weekly format and send half the roster packing.

Quality over quantity, brehs.

Let's say WWE and UFC go under with in a year of each other. What fills that void in the US?
Some upstart worked shoot style sports entertainment promotion headed up by Eric Bischoff and featuring some of the sports' best worked shooters: Fedor, Wandy, Rampage, Barnett, Shamrock, Bork, CM Phil, with a yearly appearance from Mean Mark Callous.

Book it.

Top Bottom