• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

TheChits

I really wish Dana's vlogs would go back to showing the fighters right after their fights. Always an interesting mix of emotions

Dipz

Banned
brainstorming time, folks.

UFC 175 |OT| ___________________
Sweep The Leg

WeidmanSilvaUSATSI_7639284.jpg

It's pronounced Weedman, right?
Wideman

you know it is bad when I don't even see the results in my Facebook feed. I didn't know about it until checking Wikipedia to make sure there were only two cards this weekend. I think I will miss both.

I think it will be the worst fight yet for Wiedman, who will tap out half of UFC GAF before winning a 5 rd split. Everyone will blame the piss drinker for making it boring but this will only be the first of many GSPsque title defenses.

I'm only saying this because I have yet to make a correct ME prediction so it should be a beat down now.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
How does the weed man destroy Machida?

I say he drops him with some nasty knees in the clinch ala legend Wand.
I can see him finishing with fists or elbows from the clinch, or GNP or a sub on the ground, or punches standing (Chris' reach will help against Machida's in and out movement). Basically if Weidman wins I think it'll be a finish. However I also think Machida could take a decision or get a KO in the stand-up.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
The Chris will take PPM down at will and get his maul on. I see PPM getting his arm tooked in the 3rd or getting tko'd.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
At least he could actually combo a few sentences together, if not punches. Most UFC fighters can do neither.

Dipz

Banned
How was last Saturdays Fight Night?

3 fights worth watching IMO.

2 from New Zealand:

Jake Matthews vs Dashon Johnson - Jake Matthews looks like he has a bright future ahead of him in the 155 division.

Hatsu Hioki vs. Charles Oliveira - One of 2014's best MMA fights so far

As for the Texas card, watch the main event and be happy you didn't have to sit through the rest.

3 fights worth watching IMO.

2 from New Zealand:

Jake Matthews vs Dashon Johnson - Jake Matthews looks like he has a bright future ahead of him in the 155 division.

Hatsu Hioki vs. Charles Oliveira - One of 2014's best MMA fights so far

As for the Texas card, watch the main event and be happy you didn't have to sit through the rest.

Great Nate armbarring Te Huna in a silent arena was pretty good too.

Dipz

Banned
I don't get why they booted him from the UFC + FOX when he was taking roids while not even being an active fighter?

He was prepping to fight at 175 at the time of the test and therefore was an active fighter.

This second test occurred before results of the first failed test were released.

VoxPop

He was prepping to fight at 175 at the time of the test and therefore was an active fighter.

This second test occurred before results of the first failed test were released.

Ah gotcha. I still don't agree with them getting rid of him though. They should have just kept him on as an analyst since he was retired anyway. Listening to Cruz + Bisping + Mickey Mouse + Rashad talk is just terrible.

dream

Ah gotcha. I still don't agree with them getting rid of him though. They should have just kept him on as an analyst since he was retired anyway. Listening to Cruz + Bisping + Mickey Mouse + Rashad talk is just terrible.

Look at this guy hating immigrants and visible minorities.

Chael will probably be back with the UFC. Dana will create a special job for him, commissioner of anti-peds or some shit. "He'll clean up the sport," then get his Fox gig back.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Hearing that Chael will no longer appear on any UFC programming is almost enough to make me want to subscribe to Fight Pass.

dream

For those wondering, Ralek Gracie has decided not to take Chael Sonnen off the Metamoris jiu-jitsu show in August despite Chael's two drug test failures and subsequent firing from FOX and UFC. I talked to a friend yesterday who watches all the Metamoris shows who said he was refusing to buy this one if they kept Chael on the show. I wonder how many others will make that call. Ralek actually told Ariel Helwani, and I can't even believe I'm typing this: "We will test his skills only."

What a superb quote.

Top Bottom