• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

TheChits

Fight made up of awesome grappling exchanges featuring Dennis Siver. What an odd but great fight
Edit: Holy shit the noise of that kick. Ouch

VoxPop

I don't get why so many fighters opt for the hands down style when they don't got the talent to back it up. Story about to derail another hype train.

zsswimmer

Commentators were TERRIBLE for that fight. I had to turn the audio off it was so bad, Story was landing at will

edit: I would like to know which fight the judge who scored in favor of Nelson was watching. It blows my mind how they can be so incompetent

zsswimmer

Lmao how awkward was that, give us a smile for the camera rick. Fucks up his name and expects a dude who just got his ass whooped to put on a fake smile. I had to look away during that.

MjFrancis

Rick Story is a solid rank 11-15 fighter. He beat a green Johny Hendricks, Thaigo Alves, and now Gunnar. And then he has a handful of losses against guys who never had a shot at the title. Easily underestimated.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Lol fuck off Uncle Dana. Congrats, you fulfilled the dream of having multiple cards on the same night in different regions of the world. Too bad they're filled with nobody mediocre fighters. Even merging both of today's cards wouldn't produce a compelling ppv.

Dysun

Lol fuck off Uncle Dana. Congrats, you fulfilled the dream of having multiple cards on the same night in different regions of the world. Too bad they're filled with nobody mediocre fighters. Even merging both of today's cards wouldn't produce a compelling ppv.

ppv? it doesn't even make a compelling Fox Sports 1 card

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.

That and there's no UFC cards for the next three weeks. Could it have hurt them to have spread this out a bit?

And we have two events on 8 November as well.

bone_and_sinew

^^^^Two shit cards then too that wouldn't be FS1 worthy.

Bisping vs Luke the Rock, Uncle Creepy v John Lineker, Shogoon v Manuwa are the only fights worth a damn on those two cards. Literally half the fighters on those two cards don't even have wiki pages and even on the UFC website some of them don't have pictures, it's just a black silhouette.

bone_and_sinew

By the way friends, Glory returns 11/7. Davit Kiria vs Van Roosmalen for the strap, Wayne Barrett crushing a can, a light heavyweight tournament, Hesdy Gerges in a title eliminator. I'll make the thread.

VASPER

Banned
I'm puzzled by having 2 UFC cards today, I mean UFC is crazy with all these weird ok cards but 2 in a day is just dumb. I have had enough MMA for like 3 weeks in 1. War Mcdonald!

I'm puzzled by having 2 UFC cards today, I mean UFC is crazy with all these weird ok cards but 2 in a day is just dumb. I have had enough MMA for like 3 weeks in 1. War Mcdonald!

I'm puzzled by having a UFC card at all on one of the busiest college football days of the year, right at the start of the MLB playoffs. What do Dana and co. think most of their core audience (in addition to most bars) are going to be tuning in to?

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
While I still generally care about MMA in general, UFC has done me no favors in increasing my interest for the sport in the past year. The only thing that typically grabs my interest from UFC has been the Women's fighting, a division Dana hated on for so many years that I wish we had it sooner so I could have watched Gina more.

I haven't watched an Ultimate Fighter on several occasions since 2010, and even that year I was only tuned in for a few matches. I did tune in for 1-2 episodes of Uriah Hall's season, but outside of that, the last year I stuck with the show from beginning till the end was the Kimbo year. I wish UFC kept Kimbo around a bit longer to keep the undercards mildly more entertaining, even if he was no match for the top guys. I would still pay to see Kimbo fight guys like Arlovski, Big Nog, Overeem, and Big Foot.

nick nacc

Banned
UFC 178 was pretty amazing and got me excited after a pretty big lul period. I still like Ultimate Fighter even when its shitty. I don't think it has been UFC's fault, I like most of the matchups it's been the injuries that has ruines so many cards lately.

iddqd

I just tuned in. Who won rd 1 between Ass now and wife beater?

Super close, I hate the wife beater but I'd guess it could have been him. He was pressing a bit more

EDIT
This is going to be one of these fights were they both raise their arms at the end and were one of them CAN NOT UNDERSTAND why he lost.

iddqd

Was about to go to bed, good stuff by the robot from canada
BzKFbS1CcAAh4fS.jpg:medium

Top Bottom