• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
NMUSez8.jpg

Burkman exposing the business, brahs.

Guru-Guru

Banned
Is Glory going under or something? They let Schilling walk away and sign to Bellator (Schilling straight up said they didn't make an attempt to resign him until after he already signed with Bellator). *****, Saki, and some other top guys might also not be under Glory for long, and currently are unsigned. They are losing all the guys who actually have some buzz around them.

Heel

Is Glory going under or something? They let Schilling walk away and sign to Bellator (Schilling straight up said they didn't make an attempt to resign him until after he already signed with Bellator). *****, Saki, and some other top guys might also not be under Glory for long, and currently are unsigned. They are losing all the guys who actually have some buzz around them.

They got a new CEO, saying they're now "leaner and meaner." I'm pretty sure they lost their ass doing mega cards in the U.S.

The new card is still pretty good, but I don't think you're going to have kickboxing stars on the unaired prelims anymore...haha. New strategy appears to be taking turns with Bellator on Fridays on Spike.

Bellatour needs to change up the look of their cage and color selection. It screams poverty underground basement fighting. And do something with the lighting for Christ sake.

Bellatour needs to change up the look of their cage and color selection. It screams poverty underground basement fighting. And do something with the lighting for Christ sake.

They do. I got press creds to a Bellator event a few years ago and it made The Chicago Theater feel ghetto as fuck. Barely anyone was there and the people who were there were trash. It didn't feel like I was watching MMA. Felt like I was watching a side show from someone's backyard.

Finally caught up from this weekend. Gunnar Mousasi starched repeatedly by Rick Story? 50-44? Whoooo weeee. Kinda surprised Gunnar never tried to take it to the ground other in a desperation move in the 5th round.

industrian

Kinda surprised Gunnar never tried to take it to the ground other in a desperation move in the 5th round.

He did. But got stuffed repeatedly. I remember saying in chat that it looked like Ryan Martinez vs. Mark Ellis. The more-accomplished grappler was lost at sea when he couldn't work his main strength.

Also, that knockdown from Story never gets less hilarious. Nelson literally stood still in front of Story for like a full second with hands down.

I see Erick Silva being fed to Nelson in order to salvage something from this.

Heel

Coker switched the canvas from gray to white, using the same canvas from Strikeforce.

Did you see King Mo complaining about the canvas in Bellator and asking that you replace it with the one that was used in Strikeforce?

Well how about this for a story: our canvas has been changed. We'll be using our old Strikeforce canvas that has a no slick product on it so they won't be slipping when they want to kick or go for a takedown.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/8/20/6046047/scott-coker-shares-his-plans-for-bellator

Coker switched the canvas from gray to white, using the same canvas from Strikeforce.

He could just be making excuses, but King Mo said the old Bellator canvas was slippery for striking.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/5/18/5728086/king-mo-concerned-about-bellator-slippery-canvas

That's been a big issue lately for UFC too. Sara McMann was complaining about it after her recent win. Even Dana said its shit. Apparently its not very adhesive on its own so they have to spray it down with this grit type substance that gets sandy when it dries under the heat of the lights. Sara said she was slipping around all over the place and grit was getting in her eyes.

Heel

That's been a big issue lately for UFC too. Sara McMann was complaining about it after her recent win. Even Dana said its shit. Apparently its not very adhesive on its own so they have to spray it down with this grit type substance that gets sandy when it dries under the heat of the lights. Sara said she was slipping around all over the place and grit was getting in her eyes.

I dunno if it's related, but on the last UFC card a guy's knees looked completely raw after the fight. Like, really bad.

industrian

So one SWAT team member is cuffing his arms, one is cuffing his legs and another ... is feeding his dog.

I'd like to have seen this photo if it was Rampage being busted.

dream

Listen, friends. My real life friend Ryan Ford is about a 4-1 dog on most books, and I guarantee you that not only is he not a 4-1 dog against Jake Shields, but hes also most likely going to stop Jake tomorrow night. I implore you all to get your money in good.

Listen, friends. My real life friend Ryan Ford is about a 4-1 dog on most books, and I guarantee you that not only is he not a 4-1 dog against Jake Shields, but hes also most likely going to stop Jake tomorrow night. I implore you all to get your money in good.

Never bet with your heart! Is this a trap?

VoxPop

I believe

Top Bottom