• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Bought a Nintendo console today for the first time since 1994 (the DKC SNES bundle).

I'm excited for my Platinum Games and Zelda box.
Which I'll forget about when Bloodborne comes out in February

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Hopefully the lack of intense training will do his shoulders some good.

And this just goes to show how far behind MMA is. IIRC soccer and baseball players don't have to do their military service if they make it big in Europe or America.

Shin-Soo Choo got out of it by winning some baseball tournament. Dana, give him a title shot.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Shin-Soo Choo got out of it by winning some baseball tournament. Dana, give him a title shot.

I told a few of my students to study in Scotland. With four years of education and a few years of work experience they would be eligible for UK citizenship. Then they lose their Korean passport and their need to fulfil military service. And they can just get an F-4 visa or some shit if they want to go home.

Or if you're one or two of my students, your parents flew to Hawaii and gave birth to you there in order to circumvent the entire thing from day zero.

Compulsory military service is bullshit.

industrian

Mike needs to retire. At this point he's just going through the motions of saying "Corn Nuts", "Here... We... Go" and "Its all over!!!"

Put both him and Joe Rogan in the UFC Hall of Fame next July, and then get another guy to replace him. The trouble then would be to find a guy with the similar "salesman/company-man mentality" to be the foil to Rogan's intensity and technical knowledge.

And Jon Anik should retire too. But simply because he's crap.

Wait, wasn't Pettis and Gil on the 180 card as the co-main with Cain/Werdum? Now Pettis and Gil headline 181?

Kevin Gastelum vs Elenberger is the new 180 co-main? Ahahahhaha, thanks UFC for saving me $70 on your PPV.

Wait, wasn't Pettis and Gil on the 180 card as the co-main with Cain/Werdum? Now Pettis and Gil headline 181?

Kevin Gastelum vs Elenberger is the new 180 co-main? Ahahahhaha, thanks UFC for saving me $70 on your PPV.

Sanchez vs Lauzon should be insane

181 is Hendricks vs Lawler and Pettis vs Melendez

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Mike needs to retire. At this point he's just going through the motions of saying "Corn Nuts", "Here... We... Go" and "Its all over!!!"

Put both him and Joe Rogan in the UFC Hall of Fame next July, and then get another guy to replace him. The trouble then would be to find a guy with the similar "salesman/company-man mentality" to be the foil to Rogan's intensity and technical knowledge.

And Jon Anik should retire too. But simply because he's crap.
I vote for Brian Stann w/ Joe Rogan.

Heel

I vote for Brian Stann w/ Joe Rogan.

Neither are play-by-play.

My bold move: Bring back Gus Johnson.

HAPPENMMA.jpg

industrian

apparently war machine tried to hang himself in jail but was saved by a corrections officer. now he's on suicide watch

Well at least his career hasn't been damaged by this. More people will be watching him now than when he last fought.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
#proathletes

that JJ pic needs to be somebody's avatar

UFC Rescinds Suspension of Cung Le
At UFC Fight Night Macao on August 23rd, UFC contracted with an independent drug testing laboratory in Hong Kong to perform urinalysis testing on all fighters on the card. Additionally, UFC requested the laboratory to test blood samples from 4 fighters for human growth hormone (HGH), erythropoietin (EPO) and testosterone.

One of the athletes who had his blood tested was Cung Le. The laboratory results from Le’s blood test were sent to the UFC and showed that his blood had a total HGH level outside the reference range. Based on such results, UFC officials determined that Le had violated his promotional agreement and the UFC Fighter Conduct Policy. Consequently, UFC decided that Le should be suspended from unarmed combat competition for 12 months.

Following the announcement of Le’s suspension, UFC officials have been provided with medical advice regarding the elevated total HGH present in Le’s system. In accordance with such medical advice, UFC has determined that Le’s elevated total HGH by itself does not prove that he took performance-enhancing drugs before the August 23rd bout. As a result, UFC has informed Le that his suspension is rescinded.
mickey mouse organization

Top Bottom