• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

Next

goddamn it, dunno who to root for. either way will be happy with the new champ. kinda crazy that JDS has beaten this two lol

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Werdum is going to beg Hunt to jump into his guard just like Overeem.

WhimsicalHandyDairycow.gif

I like how Dana loves to talk shit about Floyd when even he fights more often than your average UFC champ.

also Werdum is going to walk through Hunt like nothing.

LOL at Cain. Dude never fights and people are claiming hes the best HW of all time. When he comes back he will need to be soaked in oil because he will be so rusty and possibly past his prime.

Terrible fight for Hunt though, but nice to see him so up the ladder. He's pretty much fought all the bangerz in the division as is.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
lol what. Interim title? Guess we'll have to wait for more info on Cain's injury to find out if this will be one of those pointless interim belts that never gets defended and is just used as a glorified number one contender spot or if it's something more lasting. If it's the latter and the interim strap has to be defended by Werdum or Hunt then it turns into a clusterfuck because whilst they're both great guys like Junior and Overeem have beaten both of them and the odds of Cain's comeback fight being Cain/JDS 4 skyrocket.

Fuck it. Either guy becoming champ is great. Werdum will probably be more prepared but I don't think he's as bad a matchup for Hunt as some might believe, I think he'll struggle to get a takedown. PRIDEFC NEVER DIE.

Dysun

TUF latin america down the drain

Outside of JDS and Bigfoot I can't remember the last guy Cain fought
edit- apparently its brock lmao

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Kevin Iole @KevinI · 37m 37 minutes ago

Just spoke to Hunt. Said he weighs 137, maybe 138 kilos. Said he had no qualms about taking fight on short notice. "Scale is my battle now!"

that's 304 pounds. #proathlete

Goddamn, he really packs it on between fights

if you can't fight, strip these champions of their titles. when they return, grant them an immediate title shot.

I bet half these injuries that champions get are regular injuries that every fighter deals with and continues on to fight with. as champions though, they have more to lose so any fucking little excuse to buy more time as a champion they'll take it.

nick nacc

Banned
Is anyone else watching tuf latinamerica? It's actually really good and this PANTERA kid is pretty much Mexican Uriah Hall. His kicks and combinations are unreal. only 21 year old.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Is anyone else watching tuf latinamerica? It's actually really good and this PANTERA kid is pretty much Mexican Uriah Hall. His kicks and combinations are unreal. only 21 year old.

so he'll be a HUGE disappointment post-TUF then?

Vio-Lence

Banned
You know this sport is shit when super star money may defends the strap more frequently than peasant UFC champs.

Cain has fought 6 times in the last four years. Averages 1.5 fights per year. Dude is softer than baby's poop. How is he still the champ? Should have a rule for mandatory title defenses three times per year. I blame gsp and tuf for this crap.

MjFrancis

TUF latin america down the drain

Outside of JDS and Bigfoot I can't remember the last guy Cain fought
edit- apparently its brock lmao
I'll stick by my statement from last year. JDS was the only legit fighter Cain ever faced. In a three year period Cain fought three fighters, and too many people were willing to call him the HW GOAT for beating up old men and cans. Getting injured again means my opinion is unchanged, except he's now fought three fighters over the past four years.

Vio-Bod knows what's up. A champ should defend his belt three times a year. Heck, I'd even settle for two given how lazy the UFC has been with this. Look at Pettis, he beat Benson in August 2013 and his first title defense was scheduled six months after that for nine months after that. Absolute bullshit.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
It also doesn't help that the champs are being held up trying to salvage that reality show that no one watches anymore.

I think Cain is great but he just needs to fight. UFC wasted him by making him fight JDS a third time and Silva a 2nd time. Nobody needed those fights. UFC is going to have an entire generation of champs that nobody remembers because they never fucking fought.

MjFrancis

Ninja Scooter hits it on the head. No one is going to remember champs averaging less than two fights a year. Even old Fedor fought more than that. Prime Fedor was fighting 4-5 times a year. You can argue about opponent quality all day long, but his legacy will be that the beat a lot of fighters. The new UFC isn't doing that.

I was hoping that Ronda Rousey could fight more. I'm sure she's had more difficult sparring matches than most of her fights. I still want the UFC to put her through a kumite over the entire Women's Bantamweight division.

Vio-Lence

Banned
Hell I think most people would take the occasional squash match to keep everyone more active.

Squash matches are also good for developing fighters.

How is tuf a thing? Pettis is hot garbage too. Hanging out at Silk instead of fighting.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Jones might be a douche but at least when he won the strap he fought every 4 months and cleaned out the division

Andy fought twice a year (IIRC three times before 2009).

And Demmy Johnson defends his belt as if every time he fights it'll add 1cm to his height.

MjFrancis

I just wished Jon Jones kept up with that pace. He had a fantastic 2011. He won the belt and defended it twice in one year - no one doubted that he was the best in the division at that point. Gus seems to be the only guy to ever given Jones any trouble at all, save for that brief moment where Vitor Belfort says he could have snapped his arm.

Top Bottom