• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

As much as I enjoyed Conor and his antics... I think I have actually crossed that point where I'm kind of annoyed of his schtick. Anytime you see him he says the same stuff over and over and everywhere you look there he is. The UFC is really shoving him down our throats a bit too hard. Dial it back a notch or two. I didnt get annoyed of Chael this fast.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
World Series it is tonight. I can't be arsed to even set my dvr for the prelims. Will probably catch the last two fights if the game is over in time.

I should be there from the Maldonado fight onward. No interest in the rest of the card.

N° 2048

Arantes is a fucking diver.

eye poke wasn't even close to his eyes.
complaining about an elbow to side of head to ref.

These Brazilian fighters piss me off sometimes.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Conor has won me over, he is the hero this sport needs.

Gonna pass on tonight's card for Bayonetta 2 and TV instead. Got a couple things I want to watch like Constantine (NBC), EPL Match of the Day, and Boardwalk Empire. I have far superior entertainment options at my disposal.

Maldonado v Stringer should be a barn-burner.
I don't watch Phil Davis fights anymore. He's gonna spend the entire fight trying to single-leg Glover.
Aldo isn't what he used to be. Inevitably when he gasses I expect Mendes to spend the entire late rounds trying to take him down.

Heel

Great fight. I feel like Chad threw away entire rounds that came down to singular, dramatic exchanges. Clearly has the ability but didn't put it together tonight.

It was definitely a close fight. As some of you said, if Mendes had pressed a little more, he would be the champ right now. I thought his foot work was solid (not Cruz...Dillashaw level).

The reffing was questionable due to the two punches after the bell in round one. Then the ref warned Mendes about eye pokes. I wish they'd do that to JBJ.

Aldo didn't let kick as much as he did in the past. His striking and take down defense is great. But I could see one of these five rounders like this Mendes, Edgar or Hominic fight being his undoing.

I keep hearing how Barao and Aldo have to cut so much weight. As you get older that becomes harder and harder and takes a toll. They should probably move up a division. If Aldo moves up, then Barao can try his hand at FW. Aldo can try to be a two-weight class champ in LW.

And the top four in the FW (Edgar, Mendes, Swanson and Aldo) are all dying to derail the UFC hype train.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Great fight. I feel like Chad threw away entire rounds that came down to singular, dramatic exchanges. Clearly has the ability but didn't put it together tonight.

Chad was apprehensive to pull the trigger and it cost him.

Heel

Chad getting too much credit here. "If only he had the will and the right attitude."

Nah, friends. Nah.

10707179_844042798979444_1389338306_n.jpg

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Lots of questionable shit on each side. There's no doubt Chad seeing butterflies after the bell at the first affected him. Yet there was times where he could've pulled the trigger and instead opted to either stand in front of an otherwise winded Aldo and do nothing or execute rest holds much to his own detriment either way he was letting Aldo rest.

Vio-Lence

Banned
They're a symptom of the eye pokes friend. You poke a guy in the same eye 3 times, he's basically blind and you can tee off on that side.

And then he STILL lost the fight.
I need some counseling friend, I think it may be time end the cutler and trestmann era in Chicago. When's bulls season start?

strobogo

Banned
I saw John Wick and Dana needs to sign Ms. Perkins immediately. Her ground game is stellar. Put her in the middleweight division and you have a new champion and new star. The men's division.

Guru-Guru

Banned
Sp*ng confirmed that Glory let his contract expire and haven't even made an offer yet. They are getting rid of half their exciting fighters...

Top Bottom