• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

9N06Cpa.gif

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
What's important is not what the card becomes, but what it could've been that, that right there is the real value. How can you guys even say a card is shit if you haven't even see the fights!

Heel

Manuwa out, Shogun vs. OSP main event? lol

Maybe, just maybe, it's time to prepare cards that can survive an injury or two. Fucking hell.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.

Maybe, just maybe, it's time to prepare cards that can survive an injury or two. Fucking hell.

While I'm disappointed at missing out on a Manuwa fight, I'm pretty sure that OSP is going to KO or sub Shogun.

Why did Dan Henderson just jump up in the UFC rankings suddenly? He hasn't fought since like spring.

Well ya know, OSP vs Bader moved the needle so much they figured why not do it again.

VoxPop

Cowboy Cerrone vs Myles Jury.

Myles Jury gonna take this imo. He's too young and hungry at this point. Gonna earn himself a title shot or maybe get the winner of Bendo/Alvarez or Rafael Dos Anjos. I'm sure they don't want to give RDA a shot at the belt and don't want to feed Myles to Khabib.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I know we get some Wii U owners in here. Send me a NNID friends request, my NNID is exactly the same as my username here. At some point I want to do some Bayonetta 2 online co-op.
Night 1 of the "Chris Bosh #1 option" experience: 26 points on 9/18 shots and 15 rebounds
basketball_chrisBosh_face_mischief_.gif

Vio-Lence

Banned
I said my piece. Starbuck was the worst thing about BSG. Dislike that actress but Im not going to argue with nerds, but Marvel will never hire an actress that isnt traditionally beautiful. That automatically disqualifies the anti charisma zone that is sackoff.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Never leave put it in the hands of the judges.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-humber-29898165

A cage fighter who stabbed his pregnant ex-girlfriend five times in the stomach has been jailed for 19 years.

Nicholas Leaning, 28, of Torbay Court, Scunthorpe, was convicted of wounding with intent and attempting to destroy the life of a child.

He was cleared by a jury at Hull Crown Court of attempted murder.

Lauren Oliver was seven months pregnant when the attack took place in Belton, North Lincolnshire, on 11 June. She was forced to have an emergency Caesarean.

Ms Oliver's baby was delivered uninjured, Humberside Police confirmed.

Leaning was sentenced to 19 years for the wounding charge and 10 years for the offence of attempting to destroy the life of a child. The sentences will run concurrently.

Passing sentence Judge Jeremy Richardson QC described it as an "exceptionally serious case".

"You intended to kill that child and it is only good fortune that prevented the execution of that truly wicked objective," he said.

Lauren Oliver's baby was delivered by an emergency Caesarean section
The court heard that Leaning, a professional cage fighter, had attacked Ms Oliver after their relationship broke down and she refused to have an abortion.

Judge Richardson said he had "shown no remorse" and presented an "entirely bogus account", claiming in court Ms Oliver had stabbed herself in an act of revenge for him choosing a former partner over her.

"That is arrant nonsense and a cruel assertion to make." said Judge Richardson.

I gave the baby a 29-28 unanimous.

The fuck happened to this thread? Guess the negativity from the usuals killed it dead. Lack of Poly really hurts since he'd at least try to keep things on topic. Voxpop, Industrian and Heel try but there's only so much they can do I guess.

Sooo, anyone looking forward to Rockhold-Bisping, Hunt going for the strap etc?

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Here's why I'm excited about Hunt's interim title shot. In a few weeks there will be an election in the Australian state of Victoria.The current government has pledged to maintain the previous government's ban on MMA in cages because they've clearly never seen what happened in PRIDE and believe that the cage will incite violent behaviour in the competitors and the public at large whereas the ring won't. Either that or they're taking advantage of the fact that most people (including the police commissioner) don't realise that the sport is still legal and the ban is only on the type of enclosure used.

The opposition who look like they will win the election are the ones who implemented the ban in the first place but are promising to remove it if elected because they now know it makes no sense. Melbourne, the capital of Victoria, likes to consider itself the sporting capital of the nation, if not the world, so having such a ban in a city that glorifies an event based around the abuse and destruction of unconsenting horses seems both a little arbitrary and stupid. Anyway the UFC sees potential in this reputation/self perception of a sporting city and, knowing they can only water down the cards they bring to New South Wales and Queensland so many times, have been pushing to have the cage ban overturned for a few years now. They've made preliminary bookings for Etihad Stadium, which would probably do a show for 40-60k people and despite raving about how quickly and easily tickets sell in Australia have stated that if they did do such a show it'd have big names and possibly a title fight.

So basically if Hunt and the Labor party win their upcoming battles there's a slim chance his first interim title defence/reunification could headline in Melbourne in front of one of/the biggest audience the ultimate has had.

Vio-Lence

Banned
After 100k posts across 5 OTs and countless event threads, whats there to talk about.

Trolling netted us probably 75% of that total anyways.

bone_and_sinew

The fuck happened to this thread? Guess the negativity from the usuals killed it dead. Lack of Poly really hurts since he'd at least try to keep things on topic. Voxpop, Industrian and Heel try but there's only so much they can do I guess.
Bullfuckingshit. Our negativity didn't kill this thread. Uncle Dana's oversaturation killed this thread. This thread is dead because the sport itself is dead. Heel doesn't even bother updating the MMA Schedule anymore, even he has given up on this vegetable in a coma of a sport. 4 years ago we were arguing about Fedor, Anderson, GSP, PRIDE vs "new era", etc...
There isn't shit in this sport worth discussing anymore that we haven't talked about already.

So basically if Hunt and the Labor party win their upcoming battles there's a slim chance his first interim title defence/reunification could headline in Melbourne in front of one of/the biggest audience the ultimate has had.
Nothing but a pipe dream friend. We've heard for how many years now from Uncle Dana "OMG WE'LL SELLOUT A SOCCER STADIUM WITH _______________" and it's never happened.

bone_and_sinew

After 100k posts across 5 OTs and countless event threads, whats there to talk about.

Trolling netted us probably 75% of that total anyways.
Nerdchat has also stolen a huge chunk of our posts. What was it that Evilore told us that time he came in here and tried to pull an NBA-GAF on us? Something like "want an unfiltered discussion? this was never that". Why post here during an event and risk a ban when we can say whatever we want in chat.

Sooo, anyone looking forward to Rockhold-Bisping, Hunt going for the strap etc?

Most of us are older and have jobs or other things keeping us entertained.

The sport sucks now. GSP and Brock aren't hiding in the rafters waiting for a chance to save it.

Top Bottom