• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
tumblr_mlkvtrGZDD1qc8qobo1_500.gif

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Hopkins-as-Executioner.jpg

Even though he got completely dominated, I still want to give massive props to and salute The Executioner Hopkins (fuck The Alien nickname) for fighting off Father Time as long as he could, never ducking anyone, and being an overall amazing fighter throughout his astonishing career. The gates of Valhalla are wide open and a great feast awaits him in the halls, where he can walk alongside the dearly departed, late Shogun Rua as well.

I stopped watching once the fighter started laughing, it killed the bit.

That will teach Hooey to not fuck with a man that owns an 8 ball jacket.
I did not understand this reference until I saw that video of that chick getting Nature Boy slapped on the New York subway.

Hopkins-as-Executioner.jpg

Even though he got completely dominated, I still want to give massive props to and salute The Executioner Hopkins (fuck The Alien nickname) for fighting off Father Time as long as he could, never ducking anyone, and being an overall amazing fighter throughout his astonishing career. The gates of Valhalla are wide open and a great feast awaits him in the halls, where he can walk alongside the dearly departed, late Shogun Rua as well.

I stopped watching once the fighter started laughing, it killed the bit.

I did not understand this reference until I saw that video of that chick getting Nature Boy slapped on the New York subway.

The guys first pro fight was in 1988. That is crazy!

bone_and_sinew

Dear Brandon Marshall,

How you liking your new team so far? Lolololololololololol

He is right though that we're a piece away from contending. We need a new coach.

bone_and_sinew

We're 5-4 and beat them earlier.
They're going to be 3-6.

He said before we played them that we were ready to contend but needed a qb. We got a decent developing qb, elite defense, elite special teams.
We'd be 7-2 if we had a coach that wasn't a cowardly, incompetent idiot.

bone_and_sinew

Friend Gr1m, I just finished Bayonetta 2.

No words.
im3rLSJgO0SyJ.png
im3rLSJgO0SyJ.png
im3rLSJgO0SyJ.png
im3rLSJgO0SyJ.png
im3rLSJgO0SyJ.png
I'm glad you enjoyed it friend. Now go into Hard Mode and play the game proper now that you should have a good amount of unlockables and your skills are refined from the first play through.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I'm glad you enjoyed it friend. Now go into Hard Mode and play the game proper now that you should have a good amount of unlockables and your skills are refined from the first play through.

Probably going to do a quick run through of Bayonetta 1 first. As godly as 2 is, it doesn't have a boss fight as good as the last one against Jeanne which to me is still the best boss fight in any action game.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Looks like it will be on regular Fox.

The event will be broadcast live on FOX at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT, with Prelims starting at 5 p.m. ET/2 p.m. PT on FOX Sports 1.

which is 2 AM in Sweden?

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Great job UFC. Take the guy who gave Bones the best fight of his career and put him on a card that nobody will watch.

30,000 seat stadium though.

Hopefully they make it a showcase of European talent and not a one-fight event.
I barely managed to type that with a straight face.

iddqd

Hendo's Corpse vs Mousasi is the co-main for Rumble/Gus.

Man... Hendo should fight someone more beat up like little Nog or Boetsch and then ride into the sunset.

And I feel bad for GUS, the UFC should have given him the Conor treatment and matched him up a bit easier. Now they will eliminate one contender for sure and we only end up with one potential match up after Cormier discovers his reach disadvantage.

bone_and_sinew

This Saturday is Hunto v Werdum, Ellenberger v Gastelum, Lamas v Bermudez. I figure Bermudez gets the next shot at Aldo if he wins this.

And I feel bad for GUS, the UFC should have given him the Conor treatment and matched him up a bit easier. Now they will eliminate one contender for sure and we only end up with one potential match up after Cormier discovers his reach disadvantage.
Not really, I mean dudes get title shots after losses nowadays lol. One fight for the loser and they're back in it.

Probably going to do a quick run through of Bayonetta 1 first. As godly as 2 is, it doesn't have a boss fight as good as the last one against Jeanne which to me is still the best boss fight in any action game.
Vergil 3 for me still takes the cake but this is like debating between a Bugatti Veyron or a SSC Aero.

VoxPop

This Saturday is Hunto v Werdum, Ellenberger v Gastelum, Lamas v Bermudez. I figure Bermudez gets the next shot at Aldo if he wins this.

Not really, I mean dudes get title shots after losses nowadays lol. One fight for the loser and they're back in it.

Vergil 3 for me still takes the cake but this is like debating between a Bugatti Veyron or a SSC Aero.

I got my money on Lamas this weekend.

Bermudez is exciting and all but he hasn't really beaten anybody except Guida. And a split decision over a green Holloway.

Lamas on the other hand has dusted off Cub Swanson, Koch and Hioki. Not to mention this fight is happening in Mexico.

I hope Rumble knocks Gus' face off into the first row just to see that lovely Stockholm reaction. Rumble Bones is way more interesting than Gus Bones 2.

Hoping for one last great H bomb on Mousasi before he hangs it up.

Top Bottom