• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

dream

Way to not respond to the gift I left for you on the previous page, Chamber. I can only take this as you becoming a Romo fan.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Seriously, I was looking for an adequate gif to reply to that athleticism. So athletic.

Fuck Romo and the Cowboys. A bunch of overrated, overhyped chokers who won't win shit until Jerruh stops being GM but he's too proud and stubborn to ever do it.

Heel

Made Rivers look like Marino out there...
wow.png

Broncos next week...
wow.png

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Way to not respond to the gift I left for you on the previous page, Chamber. I can only take this as you becoming a Romo fan.
I have images blocked at work. Can't explain that kind of athleticism to one who might peek over my shoulder.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Where do MMA fighters pull these percentages from? Has anyone ever woken up and said, "Ya know, I'm feelin about 78% today."

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
It took longer than usual, but Canderson brought out the "my hibs" excuse yet again.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/9/29...rcent-mma-news

For shame.
Glassest body since Tito.

Where do MMA fighters pull these percentages from? Has anyone ever woken up and said, "Ya know, I'm feelin about 78% today."
I would like to believe that he's just trolling Jones with that comment. I'm pretty sure Bones didn't even bother to name an injury that justified his 70% rating. Doesn't he know that there's science in this?

It took longer than usual, but Canderson brought out the "my hibs" excuse yet again.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/9/2...-silva-weidman-rib-injury-85-percent-mma-news

For shame.

"It was good that you mentioned this because I was really hurt," Silva told the media. "Nobody mentioned this yet, but that's not an excuse for my performance. It was a below where I was injured for my first fight with Chael Sonnen. That's it. I was at 85 percent of my physical condition."

He wouldn't talk about how the injury originally happened though:

"I can't talk about this because anything I say can be used against me," he said. "It's in the past. I'm okay now."

Whaa?

MjFrancis

It's an approximation obviously, like when they ask you what your pain level is in the hospital.
Exacting percentages are a stupid way to suppose approximate values. At the least 1-10 scale at the hospital recognizes that.

Same goes for video game reviews. There's not a reviewer alive who can justify the differences between a game that got a score of 72/100 and a game that was awarded 73/100.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I just accidentally discovered that one of the dealers killed in season 3 of Breaking Bad
(the one that Walt executes)
is Bad MMA lifer Mike Seal. Dude's a stuntman besides being in MMA. Huh, I guess that's one way to turn MMA into another career.

Vio-Lence

Banned
Breaking bad finale was pretty good last night. Vince Gilligan played it safe and went for a single or double instead of swinging for the fences. Shield finale still reigns supreme.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
Starting up S2 of Breaking Bad. Guess I need to finish it now that the series is done. Now to avoid spoilers for however long that takes...

Its another recognizable name that they could have used to fill in a card. "Oh Okami is on that card?" looks a bit better than seeing "john (what the fuck is this guy doing on a main card" cole"

Just my perspective on it.

VASPER

Banned
Its another recognizable name that they could have used to fill in a card. "Oh Okami is on that card?" looks a bit better than seeing "john (what the fuck is this guy doing on a main card" cole"

I agree yet i bet Okami cost more than Joe Blow.

muddream

Banned

"Oh Okami is on that card?" typically works as a disincentive, which is worse than apathy.

im kinda surprised so many people care about boring fighters getting cut
Yep, complainers on the Internet sure love them some Fitch and Okami. At least when the Evil Zuffa is cutting them. When it serves their interests they're quick to shit on the Ultimate when those two would actually fight but yeah.

This wouldn't even be an issue if the judging criteria was changed to make LnP a less viable tactic to collect a W. Not all wrestlers rely on the LnP tactic but make inconsequential takedowns and top positions less valuable and more wrestlers will naturally move towards using their wrestling to advance positions to create striking and sub opportunities.

Would be a win/win for fans and Dana. Wrestlers would probably hate it though.

Heel

Future top tenner victims of the sports entertainment reality as foretold in OT3:

Jake Shields
Josh Koscheck
Clay Guida
Lil' Nog
Martin Kampmann
Nik Lentz
Jussier Formiga

This wouldn't even be an issue if the judging criteria was changed to make LnP a less viable tactic to collect a W. Not all wrestlers rely on the LnP tactic but make inconsequential takedowns and top positions less valuable and more wrestlers will naturally move towards using their wrestling to advance positions to create striking and sub opportunities.

Would be a win/win for fans and Dana. Wrestlers would probably hate it though.
The NFL and NBA etc have the luxury of changing rules as they see fit to shape the game the way they want. The UFC doesn't. The Association of Boxing Commissions has to ratify any proposed rule changes.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
It's still real to him, dammit. Welcome to prize fighting. Anyone want to point me to the last good Okami fight that didn't involve him getting knocked?
He could've still put some more young people over, he had at least two more in him!

Future top tenner victims of the sports entertainment reality as foretold in OT3:

Jake Shields
Josh Koscheck
Clay Guida
Lil' Nog
Martin Kampmann
Nik Lentz
Jussier Formiga

Now that Dave Herman has been cut, I ain't even mad. The only remaining people that really need to be cut, but I'm not too worked up about, are Bruce Leroy and Cody McKenzie. And I'll preemptively add 'anyone from the TUF 18 cast'.

Vio-Lence

Banned
The NFL and NBA etc have the luxury of changing rules as they see fit to shape the game the way they want. The UFC doesn't. The Association of Boxing Commissions has to ratify any proposed rule changes.

more importantly the NBA and NFL have the luxury of having the best athletes in the world funneled into their respective leagues, unlike the joe's that litter the UFC roster.

And that's the problem. Dana cutting guys is the only solution he has to dudes who take up a roster spot but aren't entertaining at all to watch.

dream

It seems like the obvious solution is to give Joe Silva, whom I trust, the ultimate say on whether a fighter was exciting or not after an event. Two nos in a row and he gets cut.

more importantly the NBA and NFL have the luxury of having the best athletes in the world funneled into their respective leagues, unlike the joe's that litter the UFC roster.
lol yeah tell that to those bums with their oxygen masks in between plays. Most of them wouldn't last a round in the ultimate.

Also, Tito Couture is the dumbest name I've ever seen for a site dedicated to the mixed martials.

Top Bottom