• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

Vio-Lence

Banned
I got moby dick, sam harris' moral landscape, free will and the hobbit. My only conundrum is trying to figure out what books id rather have physical copies of. Im making an effort to start reading on a regular basis again, but audible just makes work that much more bearable.

i have a longish commute to work and terrible road rage/anger issue behind the wheel. i find that i cope better when i have something to focus on like a good podcast or lecture series. i figured audio books would be a good thing to try.

listening to death metal on commutes usually leads to more rage.

Heel

We need this level of dedication.

http://senorlariato.minus.com/mWQLLs1JDiFgG

jJki5CTYm0rBL.png

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'd love to see an MMA set like this, the two sports are nearly as smiley-able as each other.

Still though good luck topping this one
jbi3eE4zMhXJe4_e.jpg

I like that commercial that says Cain is a patriot and at the exact same moment it shows an American born Cain proudly display a Mexican flag mouthguard.

Holy shnikes - Shlemenko vs The Fire Marshall. A compelling Bellator fight? And in New Jersey. I might have to go that event after all.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
i have a longish commute to work and terrible road rage/anger issue behind the wheel. i find that i cope better when i have something to focus on like a good podcast or lecture series. i figured audio books would be a good thing to try.

listening to death metal on commutes usually leads to more rage.

Listening to metal while driving is not beneficial to my sanity. Except on a highway. And that shirt is god awful.

VoxPop

Bored. So who are your 10 favorite UFC fighters of all time?

in no particular order

1. Anderson Silva
2. Matt Hughes
3. Chael Sonnen
4. BJ Penn
5. Frank Shamrock
6. Brock Lesnar
7. Chuck Liddell
8. Big Nog
9. Nick Diaz
10. Carlos Condit

Also, do you think Pettis will add another nightmare inducing Highlight KO to poor Punk's reel?

1omys2_medium.gif

Say Penn beats Edgar, how would he fare against Aldo?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Not nearly enough Miesha in tonight's episode. Christ, why do you think I watch this stuff Dana?

I really wonder who "Lives With Parents" pissed off among the production team to get that attached to his confessionals.

I've watched the last two episodes of TUF almost exclusively in Fast Forward, only stopping when I think there might be a glimpse of Miesha's ass or Ronda faking her way through another mental breakdown. There is nothing interesting about these fighters enough to devote tv time to their back stories. Dana needs to go back to recruiting some true sports entertainers for TUF.

Not nearly enough Miesha in tonight's episode. Christ, why do you think I watch this stuff Dana?

I really wonder who "Lives With Parents" pissed off among the production team to get that attached to his confessionals.
They're putting those retarded things next to everyone's name, just look at this:

MYN1ZFXl.png

And yeah I don't know who the shael and wand think they are crapping with that razzie worthy acting.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Some one will make this will be a thing I guess but fuck it.

When dudes fight like they have no employable skills its fun.

What will it be like when stay at home mums fight?.

muddream

Banned
Every TUF season needs a Mac Danzig character to break the 4th wall, ridicule the "I fight for my kids" cretins and make an effort not to socialize with the rest of the house.

muddream

Banned
Good Jake Shields fights:

- Getting murdered by Ellenburger (WW)
- Getting judotossed by gassed Akiyama (WW)
- Clumsily joining in on the Mayhem groupstomp (MW)

Clear cut 29-28 for Welterweight Jake Shields.

If Hendo loses to Vitor than he should avenge that loss to Shields...he wont have anything better to do.

Is the Hendo vs Vitor fight at MW or LHW? Too confused with all the division changes these days

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
If Hendo loses to Vitor, Hendo vs. Shogun 2 will happen. It'll be a retirement match - hopefully for both fighters.

MjFrancis

Good Jake Shields fights:

- Getting murdered by Ellenburger (WW)
- Getting judotossed by gassed Akiyama (WW)
- Clumsily joining in on the Mayhem groupstomp (MW)

Clear cut 29-28 for Welterweight Jake Shields.
Has Akiyama retired yet? That judo tossing match would have gone a lot better for him if he realized he was in a sanctioned mixed-martial arts fight. I was actually interested to see how Akiyama was going to do at welterweight. Instead, we haven't heard a thing from him since the Jake Shields fight.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Bu-bu-but the fuckin' government tested him and was fine with him fighting. The way PEDs/TRT is handled in this sport is a complete joke.

Brandon "The Human Drug Test" Vera

I think Vera is secretly injecting his opponents with testosterone so that his losses don't count.

Heel

Overeem vs. Mir moved to #UFC169

A) Dana considered the 20th anniversary card "too stacked"
B) They made a conference call and requested an extra cycle.
C) Frank claimed an injury to avoid a loser leaves town match, Joe Silver laughed and moved the date.
D) Overeem had a high school reunion in Texas.

Top Bottom