• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Damn, the Fins got can crushed with the whole nation watching.
Breaking bad finale was pretty good last night. Vince Gilligan played it safe and went for a single or double instead of swinging for the fences. Shield finale still reigns supreme.
100% agreed. It was a draw up the middle on 3rd and 3 but the o-line blocked well and they converted. The best episode of the season is Ozymandias, possibly the entire series as well.
Call him Medium Country now.

Vio-Lence

Banned
lol yeah tell that to those bums with their oxygen masks in between plays. Most of them wouldn't last a round in the ultimate.
keep telling yourself that pauly. what's going to attract better athletes, 5k/5k with no union, or 480k league mimimum salary per season for NFL or 490k league minimum salary per season in the NBA both with strong unions and benefits. who ya crappin?

100% agreed. It was a draw up the middle on 3rd and 3 but the o-line blocked well and they converted. The best episode of the season is Ozymandias, possibly the entire series as well.

well said.

muddream

Banned
real football players are the best athletes in the world, give cristiano ronaldo 6 months with greg jackson and the wildman is history

Future top tenner victims of the sports entertainment reality as foretold in OT3:

Jake Shields
Josh Koscheck
Clay Guida
Lil' Nog
Martin Kampmann
Nik Lentz
Jussier Formiga

Really? Might as well add in Phil Davis and Rashad Evans. Though Phil Davis shouldn't even be in MMA. He should just wrestle

Add in Mir vs Overeem loser to that list as well. If Mir ends up winning than maybe Mark Henry can legit kill Overeem.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
GAF going down due to a Kirby 3DS announcement.
iqACXYaFD3AHT.png

MjFrancis

keep telling yourself that pauly. what's going to attract better athletes, 5k/5k with no union, or 480k league mimimum salary per season for NFL or 490k league minimum salary per season in the NBA both with strong unions and benefits. who ya crappin?
Simple application of supply and demand right here. The NFL attracts the best in the world with those kind of salaries. If the UFC could offer the average main card fighter a 100k/100k fight day payout then eventually we'd have an organization filled with fighters cutting just to make 265lbs.

But why bother when you can get people to brawl for so much less? I know a guy who was getting his ass kicked for $50 a night several times a year in local circuits. There are thousands more like him that fight for table scraps when they could make more money scrubbing toilets. So why pay more?

VoxPop

anyone making any bets for UFN?

I just put some in

Shields over Maia

DHK over Silva w/ prop bet for it going to decision

Assuncao over TJ Dillashaw

Still debating on if I should go Cain (-220) or JDS (+190)

edit: added a hedge parlay bet on Maia, DHK, Assuncao lol

muddream

Banned
anyone making any bets for UFN?

I just put some in

Shields over Maia

DHK over Silva w/ prop bet for it going to decision

Assuncao over TJ Dillashaw

Still debating on if I should go Cain (-220) or JDS (+190)

Pick JDS as he's the worse fighter & that seems to be the thing you bet on.

My favorite Breaking Bad finale scene was with the
Schwartzs
. Forest Griffin cut a lot of weight to play
Elliott Schwartz

Tim Kennedy is fighting Rafael Natal in Brazil.

Joe Silver is trying to bury Tim and I don't blame him. Dude will get cut if he loses this, mark my words.

Face was showboating like Canderson expecting not to get got.

C'mon, son.

I normally sympathize with my MMA GAF brethren who are banned because their bans are sometimes questionable or I just hespect the fuck out of their budo. Not here though.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Seen this a few times before. Watch him be 245 come fight night.

Vio-Lence

Banned
I took a two book trial on audible.com grim. Downloaded the rise and fall of the third reich and Stephen king's The Stand. Always wanted to read both. Both clock in around 55 hours each.

MjFrancis

I've read the Rise and Fall of the Third Reich twice over, once in Junior High and again in High School. It's a great book. I tried reading the Stand twice over and never got very far. As always, history entertains me far more than fiction.

Either way, enjoy your long-ass audiobooks. Depending on how often you listen that's probably two weeks to get through either book.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I took a two book trial on audible.com grim. Downloaded the rise and fall of the third reich and Stephen king's The Stand. Always wanted to read both. Both clock in around 55 hours each.

I got moby dick, sam harris' moral landscape, free will and the hobbit. My only conundrum is trying to figure out what books id rather have physical copies of. Im making an effort to start reading on a regular basis again, but audible just makes work that much more bearable.

Top Bottom