• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Do not fucking post in this ban-trap of a thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=697963

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=86234080&postcount=366
tumblr_ma5ybk3zPo1rzipspo1_500.gif

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Quit my job. Getting yelled at by my fiancee..my mother..my father..my best friend..oddly enough i got a dumb kool aid smile on my face.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Quit my job. Getting yelled at by my fiancee..my mother..my father..my best friend..oddly enough i got a dumb kool aid smile on my face.

I know that feeling.

Right now I'm weighing my options, but common sense is telling me to bite the pillow and see this shit through until at least Chinese New Year (and the bonus pay that goes with it.) Well, either that or I get fired due to the ever-growing escalation of not giving a fuck (but due to the difficulties in replacing native English speakers in Taiwan it generally means I've got an increased level of job security.)

But right now I'm generally stuck with the feeling that there's nothing really open to me right now. It's either teaching English and putting up with that shit, or copywriting and dealing with the boredom of proofreading 20+ pages of janky English, or getting a marketing gig and working until 8-9pm every night. There's no happiness anywhere there for me. That and I constantly feel like I should be doing something "more" and it just kills my motivation to do menial shit (such as the aforementioned copywriting.)

Good luck in finding a new job. Hopefully there's more options for you than to me.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I'm trying to get promoted in my job as our DSE-esque management just made a change that might result in an open position and things are getting ugly.

Grim, they don't understand the feeling of liberation you're going through right now.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I know that feeling.

Right now I'm weighing my options, but common sense is telling me to bite the pillow and see this shit through until at least Chinese New Year (and the bonus pay that goes with it.) Well, either that or I get fired due to the ever-growing escalation of not giving a fuck (but due to the difficulties in replacing native English speakers in Taiwan it generally means I've got an increased level of job security.)

But right now I'm generally stuck with the feeling that there's nothing really open to me right now. It's either teaching English and putting up with that shit, or copywriting and dealing with the boredom of proofreading 20+ pages of janky English, or getting a marketing gig and working until 8-9pm every night. There's no happiness anywhere there for me. That and I constantly feel like I should be doing something "more" and it just kills my motivation to do menial shit (such as the aforementioned copywriting.)

Good luck in finding a new job. Hopefully there's more options for you than to me.

I'm trying to get promoted in my job as our DSE-esque management just made a change that might result in an open position and things are getting ugly.

Grim, they don't understand the feeling of liberation you're going through right now.

Im done working for anyone else.Yea it was poorly thought out and executed but fuck work. Fuck waking up at shit hours and stuffing myself into a sardine can. I officially retire from selling chunks of my existence. When katie leaves im going to turn on my xbox and play some GTA. Hell i might even break diet and eat some junk food.

Heel

Do not fucking post in this ban-trap of a thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=697963

jbclKobmIvLPyN.png

The rumour of Zuffa buying ONE FC has been going around for at least a year now. And I don't know why. There's nothing of value there outside of some sort of mythological "Asian presence" and they'd be saddled with nothing more than a roster full of Asian Aluminium and the extra bloat of having to fulfil an extra handful of shows every year..

If I had to guess, it's about their television deal and not their roster.

ShaneB

Grats to you Grim for taking charge and making that change.

I need to do it myself. I was looking to contact my former real estate agent and ask how quickly would I be able to sell my condo if I so choose to do so. And tempted to just barge into my boss's office and give my notice that I'm done.

Heel

GLORY 11 Chicago ratings peaked at 781k viewers, but that was in the first quarter of the broadcast and it declined to a 381k average. Honestly I didn't even think it would do as well as it did (Bellator's last card on a Saturday was not much better, and they're an established brand and sport), but the viewership fizzling off is pretty disheartening.

GLORY 12 New York going head-to-head with Pacquiao vs. Rios...

LsYlFJ3.png

Heel

Weidman invites the world to watch, will stream his 10-week training camp in preparation for Anderson Silva

The new UFC middleweight king begins a 10-week training camp this weekend at his home gym in New York, and he's inviting fans, fighters, media and anyone else interested to tune in and watch the action on his website TheChampChallenge.com. The all-access look into Weidman's preparation is unprecedented in combat sports.

Cameras will be set up in his gym to capture every minute of his training from his strength and conditioning workouts to his grappling and sparring with teammates as he gets ready for what is expected to be the biggest fight in MMA history. While some athletes shy away from cameras, especially during crucial times like sparring sessions, Weidman is embracing the idea with an open mind.

"It's pretty much giving access to everything I do to the fans," Weidman told FOX Sports. "From my diet, every single thing I'm eating everyday, my workouts, every workout I'm doing, pretty much everything that I need to do to win this fight against Anderson Silva is going to be available to everyone who signs up. It's 24-hour access in my gym, so you'll get to watch everything I do. It's exciting. I think it's a new step for the sport, and give the fans an idea of what it takes to be a MMA fighter.

"You get my list of workouts, videos of my workouts, my nutritional plan for the day, every single day. Access to the gym pretty much 24 hours. Honestly it's going to be a lot of work for me, but I'm kind of excited to give the fans that opportunity because I think they deserve it."

Many champions or top fighters don't want cameras around at all during important training sessions, much less capturing their every move inside the gym. Boxing king Floyd Mayweather famously kicks out all of the video cameras for his full contact sparring sessions when doing a pre-fight documentary like 24/7 or All-Access.

Weidman isn't concerned about fans or fighters watching what he does in the gym. He doesn't even care much if Anderson Silva, his coaches, or his teammates watch the videos 24 hours a day, 7 days a week until their fight at UFC 168. Nothing Silva sees is going to stop Weidman from walking across the Octagon floor and putting a stamp on his last performance by doing the same thing all over again.

"I don't mind people watching me as long as they're not interrupting my training. I have no secrets. Anderson Silva, you can know everything I do, it doesn't matter," Weidman said. "I'm going to walk across that cage and I'm going to bring it to you. It doesn't affect me. They're going to have to beat me and that's what makes it exciting. It makes it even more competitive.

"That doesn't bother me. [Anderson] can sign up, he can watch me all he wants. May the better man win on December 28. I'm every excited about this fight, I'm very confident, and him watching me is not going to change that at all."

The definition of ether will be changed forever when Weidman wins this rematch.

My best friend just moved back to the states after 4 years. She's in VA. I might be going to visit her next month. Anyone in MMA-gaf from there? I always forget where non-west coasters and Grim live.

VoxPop

That infinite confidence is pretty scary. Glad he's coming in at 150%. That being said, hope Anderson destroys this fool and sends him to the prelims where he can fight Saffediene.

Praying Anderson sends his head flying onto Joe Rogan's lap. Trilogy sounds pretty damn good at this point.

I'm still not sure that Weidman is actually very good, but I'm pretty sure he's beating Canderson again.

I don unnastan!!

Silva is superior...hes brilliant. Why in the...FUCK...is he gonna lose again? He has better striking...kicks..movement...talent...oh god why is he losing?

I consumed some shit pre workout session...and Im about to have a Bob Sapp meltdown. Oh god what did I do!

Chamber

love on your sleeve
My best friend just moved back to the states after 4 years. She's in VA. I might be going to visit her next month. Anyone in MMA-gaf from there? I always forget where non-west coasters and Grim live.

I'm from VA, factually speaking. Couldn't tell you anything about it though.

Yes, I'm certain this post was very useful to you.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

Really? You forget nyc? its ..pretty big just saying

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Lol. Dude asked Uncle Dana about Hotrod Honda's movie career and he got bright red and ornery. Hilarious.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
If I had to guess, it's about their television deal and not their roster.

As big as their PR made it sound, I've yet to see anything on TV regarding One FC. Granted I've only watched TV in Taiwan, Hong Kong and Thailand. Maybe Singapore and Malaysia are a different story.

All of a sudden Dana is trying to stop the TUF drama? Does he not remember that Tito and Ken pretty much put the UFC on the map by acting like jackasses? Fuckin sellout.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
All of a sudden Dana is trying to stop the TUF drama? Does he not remember that Tito and Ken pretty much put the UFC on the map by acting like jackasses? Fuckin sellout.

I thought that was funny too. Where was Peacemaker Dana when dudes on TUF were jizzing and pissing in each other's food?

Why is TUF a recap episode next week.....why?!? Should have been a recap episode last week when fight night ran late.....

Dana should have got in between Rampage and Rashad when they were nose to nose the entire season

Top Bottom