• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

Heel

I'm setting the bar at 25k buys at $40 a piece, no higher. TNA has comparable if not better ratings than Bellator MMA with a much longer history of selling their product and can't even convert that many buys.

A soul burner for Bjorn: It's 2013 and Stinger moves the needle more than Tito Ortiz.

VoxPop

Damn.. watching JDS Cain 2 on FS2 right now and I kinda regret making my bet.

I definitely see this fight being finished in their 3rd match. I'm praying Cain's pillow fists hold up and proceeds to grapplefuck JDS to a unanimous decision.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
As I was getting continually pissed off with the shitty performance of my Macbook Pro and the inadequacies of OS X at work I requested a Windows laptop.

They gave me a Windows 8 laptop today. It's the first time I've used Windows 8.

After an hour or so I came to the conclusion that choosing between OSX and Windows 8 is the Sophie's Choice of operating systems.

That and I've been cycling to work for the last few days (7.5km/4.6m each way.) Feels good man.

What's a Sophie's choice?

Would love to live in a plain city so that I could ride a bike to places, but this shit is up and down wherever you go. I just walk everywhere, don't even ride public transports.

Sophie's Choice" is centered on a scene in Auschwitz where Sophie has just arrived with her ten-year old son and her seven-year old daughter and a sadistic doctor, presumably Doctor Mengele, tells her that she can only bring one of her children; one will be allowed to live while the other is to be killed.

As a mother, Sophie adores both of her children and can't make this agonizing choice... until several soldiers force her and she hastily gives her daughter to them, sobbing as they take her little girl away.

Oh.... yeah I see the parallel.

industrian

Would love to live in a plain city so that I could ride a bike to places, but this shit is up and down wherever you go. I just walk everywhere, don't even ride public transports.

In Scotland I had to ride the same distance up and over hills with the wind in my face every step of the way. Hard work, but the bike pays itself in a month or two when you factor in exorbitant bus fees.

At college I walked everywhere. One hour's walk = walking distance IMO.

Taipei is pretty much flat and all roads. But constant buses and crazy scooter drivers have to keep you on your toes. That and I figure breathing in all these healthy exhaust fumes is going to be fun somewhere down the line.

Heel

"Well if Nick Diaz wants a fight at 185 I would happily welcome him to the division." - Michael Bisping

"I love that fight." - Dana White

"I talked to Nick. He's down for that fight." - Layzie The Savage, noted Skrap Pack groupie

Heel

Tonya Evinger just cut an S-tier promo on Miesha Tate.

"Miesha and I know each other real well. I hate the bitch and she is secretly in love with me. I can tell just the way she looks at me and all that shit. She can't leave me alone, you know what I mean? I know she has a big crush, but we're never getting together. I'm not into her, you know? She's disgusting. No, I don't know. I don't care what she says. She's got her nose in everyone's business, so I think it's fucked up to say since I hadn't even fought yet, it's already dropping her little seed in Dana's ear. I'm going to knee her in the cooter for that one, you know what I mean? I'm going to knee her or something really hot. I'm going to go crazy. I've been wanting to fight her for a long time. That would be a great fight. She's friends with one of my exes, so apparently she knows every single thing about me. But she knows everything about everyone else in the sport, so Miesha digs her own grave everywhere. I have always not liked her and I'll continue to not like her, so she can say whatever she wants."

Heel

Thats some funny stuff. Evinger thinks a living human being would have a crush on her let alone Miesha.

Jesus christ!

Don't be so sure, friend.

gina-carano-pics-tonya-evinger-3.jpg

gina-carano-pics-tonya-evinger-1.jpg

Back from vacation. First off to address my ban. LP, I know you’re watching. Sorry about what I said. Come back to the thread dude. Things were said and I crossed line, sorry. Second, Yaco was right, throwing shade and ratting on each other is wrong. That’s something the beta-culture we despise would do.

Now on to some combat sports. Glory 11 was the best card of the year. Young Tyrone made me a fan. Rico surprised the shit out of me. Came in with the perfect gameplan to win.

Bones lost that fight to the Viking.

GSP is going to whoop Johny's ass.

dream

tbqh this Tito vs QRJ show should be a joint production with TNA, with Hulk and Stinger and Bully Ray Dudley on the PPV alongside Alvarez, Chandler, and King Mo.

Back from vacation. First off to address my ban. LP, I know you’re watching. Sorry about what I said. Come back to the thread dude. Things were said and I crossed line, sorry. Second, Yaco was right, throwing shade and ratting on each other is wrong. That’s something the beta-culture we despise would do.

Now on to some combat sports. Glory 11 was the best card of the year. Young Tyrone made me a fan. Rico surprised the shit out of me. Came in with the perfect gameplan to win.

Welcome back Jerry

How many girls have you accompanied to church during your sabbatical

dream

Go big or go home, get some Glory fighters there too.

Why the fuck not?

I mean...why the fuck not?

Bellator doesn't have enough compelling talent to field a full PPV. TNA doesn't have the Superstars to field a full PPV. Glory has, like, that ***** dude. Why the fuck not take the white meat from each promotion and put together a Spikestravanza on PPV?

Heel

A multi-sport NYE card, cross-promoting all of Viacom's television properties just makes a bit too much sense for them to do it.

Hogan vs. Tito "I quit, but only because I'm injured" retirement match refereed by kickboxing's Joop Ubeda would save each company, respectively.

Holy shit
iCigdo55GIEua.png

And nobody ratted on yaco-frenemy, come on. You refer to a transgender woman as a man on GAF and you're getting the ban stick. You guys have been here long enough to know how that shit works.

Friend, I'm talking about what Yaco said after I got banned.

So I'm on UFC.com and see a list of fighters with shortest avg fight time........

1 Drew McFedries 2:20
2 James Irvin 2:53
3 Frank Trigg 3:55
4 Houston Alexander 4:13
5 Ryan Jensen 4:15
5 Yoshiyuki Yoshida 4:15
7 John Albert 4:24
8 Ken Shamrock 4:34
9 Shane Carwin 4:55
9 Brian Foster 4:55

I don't know what to make of those numbers............except that some of those fighters got knocked the fuck out way too often lol

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

welcome back jerry

I too am excited for another 5 rounds of athleticism.

Heel

MiddleEasy rumor mill

For the past two weeks I've heard a lot of chatter regarding ONE FC being purchased by ZUFFA. Earlier last week I thought there was an imminent deal, however something must have held it up -- if UFC was indeed going to purchase ONE FC, of course. The UFC has always had a tough time breaking into the Asian MMA market and they want to acquire ONE FC in order to slip UFC into Asia. I've heard the UFC wants to do ONE FC what they did to Pride FC, essentially pick apart the organization, grabbing Asian stars and prospects, and eventually replace ONE FC with the UFC brand.

.Glory Kickboxing also had an opportunity to purchase ONE FC in the Winter of 2012, however they elected not to acquire the promotion and focus their efforts/finance on Glory.

.Anthony Johnson was nearly released from World Series of Fighting last week after NBC execs discovered his 2009 domestic abuse charge.

.A matchmaker for a large MMA promotion is being investigated for potential terrorist ties. Yeah, it sounds pretty wild, however this has been an on-going investigation for years. The info only leaked out recently.

.It was rumored that while Alistair Overeem trained for Bigfoot Silva, he installed a large black curtain in the Blackzilian camp and only trained with hand-selected training partners within the confine of this curtain.

.I've heard from multiple sources that Bjorn Rebney tried to prevent Glory Kickboxing from having a television deal with Spike TV in order to corner the market on combat sports on the network.

.After the Frank Shamrock special aired on Spike TV, many people were clamoring for a Ken vs. Frank Shamrock fight. Apparently this bout has been discussed by network execs and they're 100% up for the idea.

.I've also been told by a current UFC fighter that other UFC fighters are being instructed not to discuss in detail the topic of TRT when asked in interviews.

.DirecTV has recently been creating original programming for DirecTV subscribers and it's rumored they want to get into live sporting events, starting with MMA.

I want to believe every single one of these.

166 OT is up.

Oh and the dude with terrorist ties is most likely WSOF matchmaker Ali Abdel-Aziz. Lots of journalists have insinuated that he is a shady motherfucker.

The thing about the Reem having a separate camp was public knowledge, Reem talked about it in interviews.

industrian

MiddleEasy rumor mill

I want to believe every single one of these.

The rumour of Zuffa buying ONE FC has been going around for at least a year now. And I don't know why. There's nothing of value there outside of some sort of mythological "Asian presence" and they'd be saddled with nothing more than a roster full of Asian Aluminium and the extra bloat of having to fulfil an extra handful of shows every year. If the UFC wants an Asian audience then they don't have to force it: it'll happen naturally as long as they keep up appearances with 1-2 shows per year, sign and push talent from Asian countries, and have decent broadcast deals with Asian countries (UFC seems to have fallen through in Taiwan, but what do they expect when they broadcast it on a movie channel at 11pm one day after live screening - which changed to 1am three days after screening?)

As for Shamrock vs. Shamrock, if it happens then I hate being right. And at the very least they should make it an old-school MMA event. Just put on shows from all the other 40+ year old veterans they can muster and just jump the shark in style.

Oh and the dude with terrorist ties is most likely WSOF matchmaker Ali Abdel-Aziz. Lots of journalists have insinuated that he is a shady motherfucker.

'Cism.

Top Bottom