• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

muddream

Banned
dat unibrow cism
x3gqUGl.png

Heel

"I'm not your trainer and I'm not your coach, but...let your hands go."
"This isn't the Ultimate Wrestlng Championship."

- Dana White, entertainment advisor

Also, hottest line of Ronda's career: "It's team fake nice vs. team real mean, and I'd rather be real."

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Ah sweet freedom. I believe this is phase 2..aka now that everyone stopped yelling they're being oddly concerned and supportive.

If Dana were really about that sports entertainment life he would have Carraway vs Edmond on the undercard of Tate/Rousey...or better yet make it a tag team match

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Dana White secretly hates BJJ.

He wants all of his fighters to be strikers...or better...strikers with knockout power.
If GSp leaves the sport Danas gonna come out and trash him for all of his dec. victories and wont even call him a fighter.

alr1ght

Aw man I gotta work tonight and I missed it the first go around too. I guess the universe just doesn't want me to see Bones getting exposed.

They're replaying it at 3AM Friday morning

He wants all of his fighters to be strikers...or better...strikers with knockout power.
If GSp leaves the sport Danas gonna come out and trash him for all of his dec. victories and wont even call him a fighter.
Dana hates wrestlefuckers.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
They're replaying it at 3AM Friday morning
I'm going to be drunk at work playing grab-ass with the closest female in my vicinity at that time. We don't close until 5AM.

edit: I forgot, I work with the DJ who puts Bad MMA on the tvs tonight. I'll ask him to put it on.

Dysun

Lay n Pray artists kill enthusiasm for the sport. GSP is the only exception, only natural Uncle Dana would hate them all

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

Dana only cares for GSP as a draw.

MjFrancis

GSP brings PPV's, ergo Dana's complete support. Otherwise, Carlos Condit was the best thing to happen to GSP in the past five years. The casuals still like GSP apparently but most everyone else has caught on by now.

Maxy

Banned
I admit that the I've had some issues staying awake the last GSP fights (the events run at 3-7 am where I live so don't judge me :))

While I really can't stand one dimensional wrestlers, the thing that makes me watch GSPs fights is his unrelenting strength. The guy is a machine. It's sort of like watching a strongman competition when he fights.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I admit that the I've had some issues staying awake the last GSP fights (the events run at 3-7 am where I live so don't judge me :))

While I really can't stand one dimensional wrestlers, the thing that makes me watch GSPs fights is his unrelenting strength. The guy is a machine. It's sort of like watching a strongman competition when he fights.

I know that feeling. I'm 12 hours ahead of EST so I need to wake up at 10am Sunday to watch a main card and almost 8am to watch prelims. So I'm just one wrestlefuck match away from going back to sleep.

And GSP's strength is admirable. But it's just one part of the puzzle. I've never seen him gas once. Keeping up that intensity for five rounds is just incredible.

Great! @MikeChiappetta: Watched Rampage 4 Real. No way it would inspire people to buy his fight. At least it didn't hide his disinterest in training.

Maxy

Banned
I know that feeling. I'm 12 hours ahead of EST so I need to wake up at 10am Sunday to watch a main card and almost 8am to watch prelims. So I'm just one wrestlefuck match away from going back to sleep.

And GSP's strength is admirable. But it's just one part of the puzzle. I've never seen him gas once. Keeping up that intensity for five rounds is just incredible.

It's a bit tedious, absolutely. How ever I would easily trade staying awake all night with waking up at 10am and eating long breakfast to a main event. I'm from Sweden so the Jones vs Gustafsson match was hyped like nothing else. I managed to fall asleep during the main card matches and woke up as Gustafsson was getting vaseline applied to his face before entering the octagon. I literary started screaming to my friends to wake up and that we're missing MMA and Swedish sports history :p

industrian

It's a bit tedious, absolutely. How ever I would easily trade staying awake all night with waking up at 10am and eating long breakfast to a main event. I'm from Sweden so the Jones vs Gustafsson match was hyped like nothing else. I managed to fall asleep during the main card matches and woke up as Gustafsson was getting vaseline applied to his face before entering the octagon. I literary started screaming to my friends to wake up and that we're missing MMA and Swedish sports history :p

Waking up at any time before 2pm on a Sunday is a gigantic task for me. I used to go to a bar to watch some events and eat a decent breakfast at the same time, but I reserve that purely for stacked cards now (and if I have enough money to budget for it.)

MjFrancis

That stamina shows up best when GSP gets an opponent that is actually willing to push the pace. His fight with Carlos Condit was by far his best fight since he recaptured the belt. I wish he got more opponents of that caliber or better.

industrian

That stamina shows up best when GSP gets an opponent that is actually willing to push the pace. His fight with Carlos Condit was by far his best fight since he recaptured the belt. I wish he got more opponents of that caliber or better.

Happens with every wrestlefucker. If someone fights back and attempts to push the pace they can turn the fight into one to remember, simply because a wrestlefucker's gameplan is one of dominance: if that dominance is shaken or even challenged then they're forced to raise their game completely. Fitch vs. E. Silva and your example are the best proof of that.

muddream

Banned
I just stay up for the prelims, these cards ain't worth feeling like shit the next day. Unless there's a Jones-Canderson type superfight actually happening, I don't mind watching it the next day with a buddy. It was great to watch MMA/K-1 live with some breakfast back then Japan was still relevant.

What?

His fight with Condit sucked, all he did was hold him down once he started getting blasted.

Heel

Checking out the Bellator card. They signed Kendall Grove and Paul Sass...? lol

Eric Prindle vs. Peter Graham = S-tier booking

Bad MMA has a "Night of Champions" tonight, including:

Co-Main Event Women’s Flyweight Championship:
Cortney “Cast Iron” Casey (1-0) vs Pearl Gonzalez (1-1) @ 125 lbs.

Heel

@arielhelwani 48m
Lombard just told me he woke up at 165 this morning. Ate breakfast. Feeling great. Looks great.

ibyurJmEu8ctEq.gif

Nate still getting bopped.

alr1ght

check out his new giant black circle tattoo
uUmXqW1.png

New ring card girl? I think I've seen her do those shitty cards before.

Plastic surgery queen get a demotion?

Ia05r14.png

Top Bottom