• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

Heel

Reading random forum "insider knwoledge" on The UG about Tito partnering with The Money Team, TNA and possibly GLORY for "Punishment FC" to do mixed MMA/boxing/wrestling/kickboxing (?) cards. I want to believe this insanity lol. It's basically what we've been saying Spike should do.

I was told a "significant investor" was finally found for the still un-announced PunishmentFC fight promotion. Originally, it was rumored that it would be a "cross-promotion". Most in the "know" were all but sure that this meant an MMA/K-1 style promotion would be in production soon. This quickly fizzled away when there were several closed-door meetings reported with several "higher-ups" in the boxing industry. (Interesting Note: A source said he knew one of them as "Al") I was told that the TMT-Advisors wanted to put out "media-feelers" before sinking-in an insane amount of $. Adrien Broners negative comments on MMA & FMM'S "interest" in "managing" MMA fighters serve as the first of many examples to come.

The main goal is to push "fighter-bidding" as high as possible as fast as possible. Tito will ride the Bellator tailes into "PPV-Land" & go on his own from there. In all likelyhood, Tito & Floyd will make a healthy amount of $ & promote several talented prospects before Tito retires & TMT returns to promoting boxing PPV'S.

I decided to write this publicly for several reasons. One of which is to slow a select few from using it as leverage. The other is....well, in my estimation, or maybe its my opinion, I want the future of MMA promoting/managing to be on a fair playing field. I love MMA... And to the main stream fan, the known corruption in boxing is only a VERY small % of what actually goes on...I dont wanna see MMA go in the same direction.

If you read my last thread on PunishmentFC & Bellator you'll be caught up. (Id supply a link but being a mudnamer I can only see x100 threads & cant find it, etc.)

So, things are moving VERY quickly for Tito's still un-announced fight promotion, PunishmentFC. Original reports retained the idea that FMW was somehow involved. Most in the "know" believed it was simply as an investor but as several meetings occured involving a manger named "Al" & several prominent MMA figures, it quickly became clear FMW wasnt just an "investor".

I blew the whistle on the wrestling & boxing orgs x1 week before JRJ & FMW publicly stated they had an interest in MMA. These meetings are how I knew. (TNA & TMT are both financially "backing" PunishmentFC.) Coat-tailing into the PPV market off Bellators 1st PPV show, PunishmentFC hopes to combine the x3 combat entertainment genres & create several "Mega-Events".

Fast forward to about a week ago(give or take a day or two), DFW & FMW had an exclusive meeting. It was a closed door meeting so info is limited but its almost 100% certain that DFW caught wind of the "PunishmentFC&TMT" partnership & is now offering FMW severals "ins" to abandon his partnership with PunishmentFC. Its unclear how the meeting went.

Now, those "prominent MMA figures" I mentioned were also mentioned on Twitter a few days ago. If you've been following MMA-News you'll know whom im talking about. With that in mind, you can see why UFC brass is so highly interested. The amount of "pull" & $ involved are staggering.

I dont want to implement anyone unfairly so until I meet with several other people on the matter, ill end it there.

Trust me: Here comes Boxing & WWE.... Its already started.

Just got off the phone with a friend who is currently gathering a roster for PunishmentFC.

Points of interest:
-TMT & PFC are looking to "adopt" Bellators PPV hail-mary strategy.
-A roster this early points towards a reality show. This will not be via TV but rather into the online markets.
-Glory Kick-Boxing may have alot more to do with PunishmentFC then previously thought.
-Cyborg, Askren, Kongo, Rampage, Rutten & Couture have all meet with upper-management.
-I cant mention who has been offered employment but the list includes several prominent figures in MMA.

(Ill wait until the powers that be start the engine before dropping names. My only investment in this whole situation is to make sure its done with as much honesty as possible.)

Guess who's also fighting at the Rampage/Tito fight of the century?

016karoparisyanvsdennishallman.0_standard_709.0.jpg

When did James Deen start fighting?

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I hope that someone at Bellator has a sense of humour and uses Judas Priest's Painkiller as Karo's intro music.

Reading random forum "insider knwoledge" on The UG about Tito partnering with The Money Team, TNA and possibly GLORY for "Punishment FC" to do mixed MMA/boxing/wrestling/kickboxing (?) cards. I want to believe this insanity lol. It's basically what we've been saying Spike should do.

So many acronyms and misspellings. Its kinda hard to follow. But this guy is letting the cat out of the bag that Tito is creating a new MMA promotion that has scripted fights? Is that what he's saying? Or is he saying that at one event there will be legit mma matches AND boxing AND WWE style wrestling?

muddream

Banned
How about a wheel of punishment is spun to determine the rules of the fight a week prior? Weekly events sanctioned by reservations...enough time to build a quality storyline whether it's a shoot or work.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
-I really wish Peter Graham's front kick had KO'd Prindle. Would've been KO of the year candidate.

-Sugar Rick Hawn is going to be Bellator's next 170 champ

Missed the fight but glad to hear Cain put that work in and punished that one-trick can JDS. It's called Ultimate Fighting Championship, not Ultimate Haymaker Championship. If that's all you got, Junior, it might be time to go back to the drawing board and put in some more time in the gym doing things other than shitty mitt work that you think is flashy but in reality looks like if Floyd Mayweather had a stroke.

muddream

Banned
The pencil neck MMA journalists still won't give Cain the P4P throne he deserves. Both of these guys would starch Jones en la primera hound, but somehow he's much more impressive because he cuts weight to fight smaller opponents.

Next

The pencil neck MMA journalists still won't give Cain the P4P throne he deserves. Both of these guys would starch Jones en la primera hound, but somehow he's much more impressive because he cuts weight to fight smaller opponents.

p4p is meaningless anyway. Cain got the only title that matters.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Bad movie day has left me more depressed than amused. There used to be a time when they knew how to make bad movies. Now they just make terrible movies.

Heel

How does being in a war with Diego Sanchez justify TJ Grant being pushed back? TJ Grant would have probably demolished Sanchez.

The fight game is about momentum, buzz. and moving the needle. What little TJ Grant had going for him was lost months ago due to a curiously-timed BJJ concussion. Meanwhile, Gil is riding high on a Fight of the Decade level scrap. Just thinking about it made my needle move.

The whirl wants Gil vs. Pettis
or Punk part IV.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Space is infinite! You don't get tired of space after 90 minutes! :p

Youre right. I've just saturated myself with Larry Kraus and Neil Degrasse lectures on youtube lately. Btw you need to read Sam Harris' ' Free Will'. Same goes for Timothy and Viobod. and the rest of our failed book club.

Top Bottom