• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

dream

I waded through the wild animals at Walmart on Black Friday afternoon and got on a very mysterious handwritten waiting list. Did not expect anything to come of it, but actually got a call to pick one up today.

Got the iPhone 5Cheap, which they only had in white. I might exchange for the blue if they get stock. $45 + free $75 gift card, plus all the Apple apps for activating an iOS 7 device. Good deal.

What a relief, though. Ever been a part of an iMessage group conversation on an Android phone? Complete nightmare. 1st world problem solved!

Congratulations! It's a very nice phone. I was playing with one recently and was surprised at how good it felt in the hand. Now you can join me in bitching whenever a game doesn't support iCloud syncing.

Ps I sincerely hope you bought shadow run. So good.

Dysun

I don't think a guy who just dropped $500+ on an Xbone with a copy of Ryse should be throwing stones.

ooh.png

Vio-Lence

Banned
I don't think a guy who just dropped $500+ on an Xbone with a copy of Ryse should be throwing stones.

coming from the guy who bought a wii-u at launch for $350, sold it for $150 (57% loss), and THEN repurchased it at $250 has much room to throw stones.

but i'm not going to throw any cheap shots, it's been a rough month for chicago sports. young rose's career and the bulls slim championship hopes were prematurely killed, and the bears have plummeted in the second half again. FML.

Right on, Vio-Lence, which, incidentally, I just found out today is the name of a metal band.

Am I alone in thinking that Nintendo's imminent death isn't that big of a loss?

Yes indeed. Eternal Nightmare is the finest piece of Thrash Metal ever put to analog tape. The rest of their musical catalog is disappointing by comparison.

I don't know if Nintendo is at imminent death, but the Wii-U is the biggest console failure since the Sega Saturn. Just a completely failed concept. I think Nintendo has a specific niche. They could probably do well if they drop console gaming and focus on the hand held market. The handheld market has its own audience and can offer a different or supplemental experience to PC or next gen console gaming. Their real challenge is Android and iOS.

Heel

Congratulations! It's a very nice phone. I was playing with one recently and was surprised at how good it felt in the hand. Now you can join me in bitching whenever a game doesn't support iCloud syncing.

Ps I sincerely hope you bought shadow run. So good.

Yeah, liking it so far. I'm going to have to ween myself off Swype and get used to the slightly smaller screen. Very happy to tap into my App Store account, though. Time to buy the new Tweetbot?

Oh yeah, and duel wielding Free My Apps? This changes everything, dream.

Vio-Lence

Banned
Bears would be in the playoffs if Jay Cutty was out there slangin. Just puttin that out there.

offense moves the ball well enough with Josh, but they can't score as efficiently as when Cutler was starting. The only positive of this season has been the emergence of Alshon Jeffery. New number 1 receiver. BMarsh is old and busted. Alshon is the new beast.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
Did gr1m get banned arguing about how many kids people want?

I assume so. Not sure what he was doing in there, he looked like a punch drunk Leonard Garcia, winging away hoping something would connect.

At least he got a rise out of some people...

Vio-Lence

Banned
I have a feeling this has something to do with it.

Hell, at least he earned the ban, I can hespect that unlike my shitty bans.

Well I don't think Gr1m is wrong, and major hespectsh for planting his feet in the center of the octagon and winging bungalows with his chin raised to the sky. Especially when said neckbeards main argument for not wanting kids is that they would cut into their kideogame time.

Now granted I live a traditional life style, and have my own kid, so I have a biased perspective, but I think life ultimately would be sort of meaningless if you don't have your own child, natural or adopted.

Let's get Gr1m hooked up with our good friend AstroZombie asap.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
Well I don't think Gr1m is wrong, and major hespectsh for planting his feet in the center of the octagon and winging bungalows with his chin raised to the sky. Especially when said neckbeards main argument for not wanting kids is that they would cut into their kideogame time.

Now granted I live a traditional life style, and have my own kid, so I have a biased perspective, but I think life ultimately would be sort of meaningless if you don't have your own child, natural or adopted.

I kinda do think he's wrong. It's a choice and I respect it either way. I have friends, who are married, who don't want kids, and I have friends who are married that have kids. I don't think any different about them.

FACE

Banned

I do think he was wrong, and then he started acting like a child. Which is ironic considering the thread he was posting in.

Normal people would say "I don't want kids right now", socially awkward would say "NEVER". Like my gfs tae kwondo instructor, she was completely against the idea of ever becoming a mother. Now she has two malamute dogs, and she and her husband treat them as if they were their sons. I'm talking like, her facebook is 90% made of albums about the dogs, like birthday albums, first day on the beach albums, etc etc

I don't know. I think everyone eventually feels the need to pass on shit.

I don't think it's even about wanting kids or not. It's about being pretentious. Acting like your life is or will be better than someone else because of your choice is stupid. Shit isn't binary like that.

I don't want to raise or financially support any kids, and that is my lifestyle choice. Saying you don't want your dna to do its thing is selfish. You can't control sperm once it's outside your body.

Normal people would say "I don't want kids right now", socially awkward would say "NEVER". Like my gfs tae kwondo instructor, she was completely against the idea of ever becoming a mother. Now she has two malamute dogs, and she and her husband treat them as if they were their sons. I'm talking like, her facebook is 90% made of albums about the dogs, like birthday albums, first day on the beach albums, etc etc

I don't know. I think everyone eventually feels the need to pass on shit.

What you dont want to do is make rash decisions. People that say "lets have kids...we will somehow manage to get by the struggle...it will be so joyous oh my gawd I love ya!" are the type of mistakes you wanna avoid. Clear structure and of course...that special someone you CAN raise kids with. All about that partner!

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
So bros, when should I build a new pc? PC is going through some major exciting changes of their own with Haswell, G-Sync, Mantle, Valve's everything, etc...

I ask as I'm about to buy the latest Humble Bundle with the only point in mind to build my pc library for the future since I currently can't run NS2 and probably a few others.

I'm thinking a year or two down the line?

So bros, when should I build a new pc? PC is going through some major exciting changes of their own with Haswell, G-Sync, Mantle, Valve's everything, etc...

I ask as I'm about to buy the latest Humble Bundle with the only point in mind to build my pc library for the future since I currently can't run NS2 and probably a few others.

I'd say at least wait for the new architectures from the GPU makers. Nvidia's will be called Maxwell and I forget the name of AMD's. Their recent product line updates were not that significant of a power increase.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
The answer to "when do I" is always "now". Unless you know something's hitting the streets in two weeks, playing the waiting game just means you're waiting.

Though, I will say I'm deliberately not buying the consoles right now because I'm waiting for the non-fucked-up versions. Kinda like not buying a car in the first model year. But that's a whole different thing.

FACE

Banned

It's always a good time to build a new PC, but if you want to get something that absolutely trounces the consoles then wait a bit.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
It's always a good time to build a new PC, but if you want to get something that absolutely trounces the consoles then wait a bit.
This is what I want. I want to my introduction into current-gen to blow my ass away and I will drop some good change for it.

The reasons Gung, I say 1-2 years are because that's when I figure I'm done with (most of) my PS3 backlog, when the third party multi-plats are much better, that's how I long I wait anyway before jumping into a new gaming gen, etc...

Vio-Lence

Banned
like gung-ho said, it's always a good time to jump in and build. newer, better, faster parts are always around the corner, but you can't let that dissuade you from starting otherwise you would never get a PC.

FACE

Banned
The smart money is on 20nm cards being released in late 2014, that's also when Intel will be dropping eight-core CPUs with DDR4 support(Haswell-e).

Ronda Rousey on Jimmy Kimmel Live PART 1
Ronda Rousey on Jimmy Kimmel Live PART 2

Nice of Jimmy to explain things to the audience with a bit of humor. Ronda seems to believe everyone knows about the "dehydration stage" and what an armbar is, as it flies over 90% of the audience's head.

Actually she handled that pretty good I believe. Cinema story..seems to have some charme there...wasnt looking that bad compared to her FOX outfit the other day...

It was just a matter of time Gr1m...RIP in peace brother!

muddream

Banned
There will be a big performance boost when 20nm GPUs hits in late 2014. By then we should have a clear picture about Steam Machines, G-Sync and the other stuff.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
The smart money is on 20nm cards being released in late 2014, that's also when Intel will be dropping eight-core CPUs with DDR4 support(Haswell-e).

If you're already planning on a long wait, then yeah, late 2014/early 2015 should be a good time to jump in. But if it's a matter of what you have barely holding together and wishing something better to come along... don't. A lot of things are like that. TVs, cars, houses, women...

Chamber

love on your sleeve

Always wait. Faster GPUs are always just around the corner.

Nvidia's Kepler and Fermi architectures are pretty long in the tooth right now, breh

20nm is going to be a huge improvement whereas the 700 series was more or less the 600 series rebadged with a bell and a whistle added.

FACE

Banned

If you think like that you're going to keep on waiting forever.

If you're already planning on a long wait, then yeah, late 2014/early 2015 should be a good time to jump in. But if it's a matter of what you have barely holding together and wishing something better to come along... don't. A lot of things are like that. TVs, cars, houses, women...

Well, bone said he had ~1 year of PS3 games to go through. In his case waiting is a good deal.

VoxPop

Lol @ Askren to ONEFC.

WSOF would've been the best place for him like Dana said.

Now I could see him getting soccer kicked into obscurity by some asian can.

muddream

Banned
By early 2015 we'll likely know whether there's any point in owning a PS4/Xbone besides getting them for $150 in 2018 to catch up on exclusives, I'd definitely wait if you've got a backlog.

Top Bottom