• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBoss

I've been reading around that the monsters in MoaH are G Rank? At least that's how it was in previous MH installments with the final village quest (Dual Rajang, Gold and Silver).

Not entirely sure, will try it out and see how much damage they do. I barely got damaged by Los, and Brachy only got me during rage mode, and seemed to have a lot more damage.

I know for sure Ivory Lagiacrus is pretty big and is G-Rank.

jercruz

I remember joining a group before in Tri and being called a noob because I didn't cut tail. I was using deviljho's balls (hammer) then. :S

Also I hate that you can only carry 3 rustshards. At one point I think I got at least 5 from 1 mining spot last night. The 'You can't carry any more Rustshards' messages is painful.

Did that one mission where you slay 30 sharks in the hope of getting more sharq skin, from harpooning and quest rewards combined i've emerged with 2 bits of skin...

WHY

edit: Hold the phone folks, my boy Kayamba has raised the number to a whopping 3, OH YEAH!

Ridley327

how do you trade things to other players during a hunt

Select "Give" when you're on an item, specify the player you want to give them to and the amount, and confirm your selections.

Keep in mind that you can trade items with less than Rare 4 rarity, which limits you to consumables and little else.

Satch

Banned
Open the Item Pouch and when you select an item, you should see an option to "Give". Anything Rare 4 and higher you can't give. The other player has to come to you and press A.

Select the item from the item pouch menu and if it's tradeable you have an option to Give.

Select "Give" when you're on an item, specify the player you want to give them to and the amount, and confirm your selections.

Keep in mind that you can trade items with less than Rare 4 rarity, which limits you to consumables and little else.

gracias

Emitan

7ukkOyZ.jpg

Meow~

Are you cutting off his tailbone? There's a couple of stages to it.

That's the tailcase I believe. Different part than I'm talking about. I've got way more tailcases than I know what to do with, but I keep breaking, mining, and chopping it off in the hopes that that somehow helps my chances of getting at the bone.

Lucky Cat food skill increases the number of drops . Which totally shows up at random, so when it does pop up, use it wisely. Now, this doesn't increase the CHANCES of a particular drop at being what you want, but it increases how many drops you get, so the number of chances increases.

Fate +10 and +15 increase number of rewards at reward screen.

Thanks! I don't know if I'll be able to get my hands on the skills, but I do remember seeing the "lucky" bonus with some meal combination. I'll have to give it a shot.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Thanks for the fun guys - I want to use the packet tool for my 3DS, but I can't find where to plug my ethernet cable into my WiiU? :\

ramyeon

Did that one mission where you slay 30 sharks in the hope of getting more sharq skin, from harpooning and quest rewards combined i've emerged with 2 bits of skin...

WHY

edit: Hold the phone folks, my boy Kayamba has raised the number to a whopping 3, OH YEAH!
Farming Sharqskins is such a painful experience.

I ordered the 3ds XL CPP from play-asia (expensive shipping but at least it's fast). It makes the 3ds so much more comfortable to hold in general and I now prefer using it for all my 3ds playing. I can now play for sessions longer than 30 minutes without my pinkies and fourth fingers going numb.
How do the face buttons feel with it on? I've been very tempted to import one myself but I worry it would make reaching my thumb over to hit the face buttons more straining.

ramyeon

How do the face buttons feel with it on? I've been very tempted to import one myself but I worry it would make reaching my thumb over to hit the face buttons more straining.
It's not a problem at all. It's very comfortable to use, especially with MonHun. Only downside is the size but if you're playing at home that doesn't really matter anyway.

Fewr

Did Duramboros for the first time. I was amused when I saw the thing twirling around and remembered the post about its own music in the beta version.

I tried trapping it three times, but none of them worked. In the end I ran out of time. I'll come back tonight to trap the thing now that I now I can do it when he goes to rest at the far back of the samp forest.

Herbert Moon

Neo Member
I'm trying to do the village request "Kebab-boo" for a new mask. It requires 5 frogs, 2 gobul fins, and 2 exquisite meat. Anyone have any idea where to get the exquisite meat? Doesn't seem to be anything on the wiki.

ramyeon

I'm trying to do the village request "Kebab-boo" for a new mask. It requires 5 frogs, 2 gobul fins, and 2 exquisite meat. Anyone have any idea where to get the exquisite meat? Doesn't seem to be anything on the wiki.
Island Egg Hunt DLC quest (It's a quest reward).

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I ordered the 3ds XL CPP from play-asia (expensive shipping but at least it's fast). It makes the 3ds so much more comfortable to hold in general and I now prefer using it for all my 3ds playing. I can now play for sessions longer than 30 minutes without my pinkies and fourth fingers going numb.

Read this and immediately ordered a CPP for my XL. I have the same issue when holding my 3DS XL in that my back fingers go really numb behind the unit. To fix that issue plus have a proper second stick seems like a win-win.

Though I really should just buy a Wii U for this game already. Shame BB nor Amazon carry the Zombi U bundle though.

Satch

Banned
i got my first white sharpness weapon today (amethyst blade, it's a greatsword)

it feels so good to be able to cut through things that used to always make me bounce ;___;

fuck green sharpness

never again

L Thammy

The Monster Hunter Moment. (TM)

You've just been trampled two times by a raging Rathian. You have only a sliver of health left and you're stunned. Now a fireball's heading your way.

The Monster Hunter Moment. (TM)

You've just been trampled two times by a raging Rathian. You have only a sliver of health left and you're stunned. Now a fireball's heading your way.

Fortunately an Aptonoth walks in your path and takes the shot! (That was my lucky day when that happened).

Satch

Banned
i was so close to having a GOTCHA BITCH on a Barroth but i BITCH'd when i shoulda GOTCHA'd and his tail came off instead and another person killed him immediately after

:(

i don't think i'll ever be able to go back to hammer. greatsword is too fun

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So I just did the 2-star hunt where you go after the big ass dino guy and the game finally clicked. I totally understand why everyone is hooked on it. I know there are so many harder hunts, but I feel like a total badass after killing that dude. I need more big hunts like this, I cannot wait.

TheExodu5

Banned
Debating what I should use as a second weapon. I main Hunting Horn...I want to add something else to the mix. I'm thinking of Switch Axe. It would be nice to use something that can actually cut off tails.

I was wondering how much time you have all out into the game so far?
I'm surprised I'm already at 91 hours, even more because its my first Monster Hunter game.

Busaiku

Where in the world does this stupid Diablos run off to.
It's been weak for the past 10 minutes, but it keeps running off, and I can never find it.

I traverse the entire map, but I can't find it until it comes back to 3 or 4.
I go back to 8 where it started, it's not there, I go to 9 and 10, it's not there, 6, not there.

It only comes back to 3 or 4 and then runs off again when it's weak.
I'm almost out of time and it keeps running.

Ken

What's the easiest way to amass Raw Meat?

Is there nothing faster but using double BBQ spits for Steaks?

buy them from the granny

Where in the world does this stupid Diablos run off to.
It's been weak for the past 10 minutes, but it keeps running off, and I can never find it.

I traverse the entire map, but I can't find it until it comes back to 3 or 4.
I go back to 8 where it started, it's not there, I go to 9 and 10, it's not there, 6, not there.

It only comes back to 3 or 4 and then runs off again when it's weak.
I'm almost out of time and it keeps running.

it probably ran to 11 to sleep. you can access 11 from 10 by jumping off a ledge to the west or 7 by climbing a ledge

you could also carry paintballs

Can Gunlance cut off tails and such?

yes. lance part is cut damage, shelling is impact i think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom