• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orayn

So I finally got around to checking my charm table... Turns out I'm on 6, which is supposed to be perfect for Greatsword users. GS is my favorite weapon.

LsnFmET.gif

INVERSE DESIRE SENSOR!

Hoodbury

Did all that and still, ship destroyed within the last two mins. But I didn't know that about the bombs, so next time I'll try that when I'm in the mood for soloing him. Anything else you could miss? He keeps slamming into the ship too often between the gong/ballista loading times. I need two of his gems (earthdragongem or something like that, got 3 out of 5, none in the last few runs though...)

Did you do the dragonator at the correct time in the first part? Breaking all his parts? 2 spots on his back, 2 horns, and both feet?

If it's the same as tri, unless you have a pretty dang good high rank weapon, cannon balls will be your best attack.

Did you do the dragonator at the correct time in the first part? Breaking all his parts? 2 spots on his back, 2 horns, and both feet?

If it's the same as tri, unless you have a pretty dang good high rank weapon, cannon balls will be your best attack.

Two holes on his back, both feet broken, first spear stopped his slam. Horns were unharmed, no idea where to find the time to break them solo (unless they have much less hp). Got a HR6 Ice LS with blue sharpness which I used to already damage one of his feet in phase 1.

I think I can get large bombs now, might use them on his head when it is on the left side in phase 1 if that does any good damage.

Be a man and go for Helios X.

(X is better than Z)

yeah, I want that too, but I still need at least one good G.Cea run for fur (which can be tedious to find) and farm Jhen for two gems :/ If I didn't already spend so much time for this, I'd go Z now.

Jaruru

anybody knows how to "activate" the 5000 points DLC?
I downloaded everything (quest, etc), but didn't see the points appear in my village :(

Lucid07

So any dual swords users out there...?
I've used them since Freedom 2, but this archdemon mode, why does my stamina deplete?

Chuckpebble

anybody knows how to "activate" the 5000 points DLC?
I downloaded everything (quest, etc), but didn't see the points appear in my village :(

On the main dlc menu there are 3 buttons. The top one is previews, the second is quests and the bottom is extras, guild card backgrounds and the Resource points are in there.

Jaruru

On the main dlc menu there are 3 buttons. The top one is previews, the second is quests and the bottom is extras, guild card backgrounds and the Resource points are in there.

yea, I clicked on "Download All" in the Extras. then return to game by "Continue"
but don't see the 5000 points when talk with Chief's Son...

Noob here. Can anyone tell me where I can find some help to understand how the skill ("talent" in french) system works? It's quite nebulous for me right now... And if french gaf has french page it would be the icing on the cake.
I really heavily miss an instruction booklet with that game. Looking back i am also amazed they chose lagombi as the "easy" quest of the demo. Why not begin with great Jaggi or azuros?
Nevermind. This game is a fucking drug. How will I be able to play Fire emblem? And Luigi's mansion? And Etrian Odyssey?..

explodet

If you didn't have to do any resource gathering from the start of the game, it's very likely. Normally you start with a whopping zero points.

Mupod

Grargh I thought I'd be able to play online tonight but I can't. Tomorrow!

HR3 is safe from me, for now. If there's anyone left who's still below that rank I'll happily drag you along with me tomorrow. My wrath is now focused upon Moga Woods, I need more commodities.

Also fuck you Moga Woods Zinogre. Had him limping, waited for him to switch areas, went in and dropped my LAST PITFALL TRAP, he immediately turns around and goes back to the area he came from. What the hell? Not even Rathalos is that big of an asshole. All I got for my trouble was some Wyverngold. I would buy spiderwebs if they cost 5000z each, that's how much trouble I have farming pitfalls.

Ken

Noob here. Can anyone tell me where I can find some help to understand how the skill ("talent" in french) system works? It's quite nebulous for me right now... And if french gaf has french page it would be the icing on the cake.
I really heavily miss an instruction booklet with that game. Looking back i am also amazed they chose lagombi as the "easy" quest of the demo. Why not begin with great Jaggi or azuros?
Nevermind. This game is a fucking drug. How will I be able to play Fire emblem? And Luigi's mansion? And Etrian Odyssey?..

To activate a skill you need to hit a certain number of points in that skill to activate it. Points come from armor pieces, talismans, or decorations slotted into armor pieces.

Often points to both ways positive and negative with the latter giving negative effects. Occasionally armor comes with a few positive skills and one negative that you can gem out with decorations. So a negative skill that activates at -10 points has -11 in an armor set can be removed by getting it to -9 points at least. You don't need to get rid of the other -9 points. Same applies for positive; Attack Up Small is activated with 10 points in Attack. The next tier, Attack Up Medium, is activated at 15 and finally AU Large at 20.

Raide

I feel kinda bad for Air Bombing Nibblesnarf in the mouth. Something exploded in there and I felt really bad.

HR2 Urgent came up. Double Trouble is!

Mondriaan

I would buy spiderwebs if they cost 5000z each, that's how much trouble I have farming pitfalls.
I ended up trading 5 spiderwebs for 5 hot peppers because I had wasted an hour or two looking for hot peppers unsuccessfully at bag lady vendor and gathering at the volcano. I think that there might be some RNG brokenness, but at least hot peppers can be traded and farmed. :/

I miss real farming with seeds that we had in the portable series.

B00TE

Having a lot of fun with light bowguns. Any suggestions on a good all around one to make? Using Demon's Island right now.

burgerdog

Ship destroyed with 50 seconds to go. Welp, turning this thing off for now. I really hate these huge monsters, they're just no fun at all.

Ridley327

How do I get the Cap'n boat to level 4?

There's no actual level 4 that you can upgrade the boats to yourself; each of the boats has a small chance to have a temporary level 4 upgrade as an option before casting off. The max level is 3 on every ship.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
3DS look ridiculously bad compared to WiiU (of course) and there is some slowdown during underwater fight. Also text font on 3DS is absolutely garbage.

Agreed about the text.

Strongly disagree about the 3DS version looking ridiculously bad. Looks awesome, and performs very well on the 3DS!

Thanks for the advice.

Yes, I am indeed continuing to Un-Sheathe/Attack/Sheathe/Run. I'm charging to Level 3 at every moment that I can [still getting used to this part], as well as focusing on the tail section [unless I need a specific item from the other areas, or if I've already sliced the tail].

As for Great Swords, which would you recommend [if it's not too much trouble]? I see a lot of talk about High Sieglinde-P, so I'm kind of focused on forging that one closer to completion at every moment I can. I've also heard Anquish-P is great, so I'll likely go for that one too when I can. Lagia Wildfire-P, as well maybe? That would give me Poison, Thunder, and Dragon elements.

But yes, that won't be until [much] later. I have so much farther to go still. :)
Start ludroth sword if you haven't already. Water is a great element and its not to hard to make the first two versions. Really useful against bracyidos

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Moga Woods area 3 by the entrance to area 4 gives me 2-3 spider webs a trip.

tbhysgb

I agree that the 3DS version looks pretty fucking awesome.

Anyway, I will get that fucking bear thing I'm supposed to trap. He's easy to kill and I don't have a problem with him but I'm absolutely shit at trapping.

So this one area I get him limping he takes off. I follow and set a trap in the next area. The motherfucker takes off to another area >.>. So I go get another shock trap and can't set it until the first one blows up. By then he was sleeping. So I thought to set the trap again. I do and catch him and throw like 6 tranqs at him and he's still standing WTF!!!! Didn't think I had to kill him some more lol.

Next time I will get his ass.

I agree that the 3DS version looks pretty fucking awesome.

Anyway, I will get that fucking bear thing I'm supposed to trap. He's easy to kill and I don't have a problem with him but I'm absolutely shit at trapping.

So this one area I get him limping he takes off. I follow and set a trap in the next area. The motherfucker takes off to another area >.>. So I go get another shock trap and can't set it until the first one blows up. By then he was sleeping. So I thought to set the trap again. I do and catch him and throw like 6 tranqs at him and he's still standing WTF!!!! Didn't think I had to kill him some more lol.

Next time I will get his ass.

Yeah, this might be the general problem people are having with traps. When the monster sleeps it recovers a bit of its health. If it was just over the capture borderline then sleeping might put it back above and thus, make it necessary to do more damage before it can be trapped again. Otherwise it should go down with 2 tranq bombs. (maybe 3, though I've never seen a monster that needed 3)

ryz

I'm currently testing the longsword and i REALLY like it. I'm using the Cerberus Katana and consider upgrading it to the "Ananta Boneblade", which has Elemental Paralysis? Is element this any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom