• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vareon

What does Attack power in weapons actually mean? If I have a weapon with 400 attack power, does it mean I deal roughly 400 damage per attack? And when it has something like 100 lighting, does that mean I deal 300 damage + 100 lighting, roughly?

Ken

I don't understand. Why is crit drawing the best for Diablos GS?

I mean GSing in general. Isn't most GS use based around crit draw and you want the highest raw for that, which Blos GS has (1488 raw)?

Didn't mean that crit draw only works for great sword, but that when I think great sword, crit drawing is kind of an expected thing to me.

Might just make the Dios GS since I have some extra Palliums around though...

What does Attack power in weapons actually mean? If I have a weapon with 400 attack power, does it mean I deal roughly 400 damage per attack? And when it has something like 100 lighting, does that mean I deal 300 damage + 100 lighting, roughly?

There's a damage formula that takes into account what zone you hit the monster in, sharpness, etc., and the same with elementals. I don't know if someone found a Tri G damage formula; might want to try googling that or something.

Uh, you can only equip one talisman at a time but I'm pretty sure the game doesn't care if you have a duplicate in storage.

I keep trying to but it must hate me. This game is addictive. . . And I have school in the morning. I just want to keep questing and capturing poor innocent monsters. . .

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Steel Uragaan and Rathalos online G Rank hunt:

http://youtu.be/B3Ksibm1s2w

I love Greatswords.

LOL "Where'd he go?? Oh..."

I'm really encouraged that our GS playstyles are so similar, you've better at evading though. :) But mostly I'm glad to know that I'm not far off for sheathing/unsheathing, where to attack, when to charge, when to use the upswing, etc.

You have Speed Sharpening, HGE, and...?

Glad I watched this vid. More GS vids plz!

Tenbatsu

I mean GSing in general. Isn't most GS use based around crit draw and you want the highest raw for that, which Blos GS has (1488 raw)?

Didn't mean that crit draw only works for great sword, but that when I think great sword, crit drawing is kind of an expected thing to me.
I see. Not sure if it's the best as it doesn't have any element to it. So it might not be as effective as for example, using a GS of 1248 + 520 fire against a monster with a fire weakness. But it may be the best all round GS thou.

Ken

I see. Not sure if it's the best as it doesn't have any element to it. So it might not be as effective as for example, using a weapon of 1248 + 520 fire against a monster with a fire weakness. But it may be the best all round GS thou.

Yeah, having a GS for every element is pretty expensive so I just wanted something that kills hunts things well.

I'll probably just make the Dios GS since Sharpness+1 gives it a sliver of purple.

Looks fantastic, I can't imagine it on a smaller screen really.

Same here. Looks great on an XL. I can't imagine playing this on an OG 3DS. I even bought the CPP specially for MH3U and even though the whole things looks crazy big now, the game at least plays really well now and is comfy to hold.

...can't take out my stylus now though :(

Tenbatsu

Yeah, having a GS for every element is pretty expensive so I just wanted something that kills hunts things well.

I'll probably just make the Dios GS since Sharpness+1 gives it a sliver of purple.
Best all round weapons? That got to be the Dios series :3

Anw it's a good thing that you are trying something different from the rest.

Ken

Best all round weapons? That got to be the Dios series :3

Anw it's a good thing that you are trying something different from the rest.

Haha, I just need something to finish off the last few tiers of village quests quickly and then I can start gunning.

Koroviev

Same here. Looks great on an XL. I can't imagine playing this on an OG 3DS. I even bought the CPP specially for MH3U and even though the whole things looks crazy big now, the game at least plays really well now and is comfy to hold.

...can't take out my stylus now though :(

Is the game playable as you progress without the CPP, or does it basically become a necessary component? I don't mind the bulk, but I'm reluctant to remove the Nyko battery...

GAF!!! This game will ruin my life. I just want to stay and play it and talk about how much fun it is to make full amour sets but I must be off to bed.

And my time is 27:27. And here I though I put 30 hours into it. Well I guess that time I turned it off because I failed a mission and I was disgusted with such failure.

Is the game playable as you progress without the CPP, or does it basically become a necessary component? I don't mind the bulk, but I'm reluctant to remove the Nyko battery...

Its not. At first I was like "This is annoying.". Then I played it without and its pretty easy. You can always put the camera controls on your panels. I find it mainly best for swimming parts.

It's a pain in the arse to swim without a CPP. You can do it but I still try to avoid doing it on the train when going without.

Emitan

I've gotten pretty adept at using the on screen d-pad. It's not as great as the CPP but it works well enough. Swimming is the only issue but swimming sucks regardless.

Koroviev

I've gotten pretty adept at using the on screen d-pad. It's not as great as the CPP but it works well enough. Swimming is the only issue but swimming sucks regardless.

Can I get by without using the onscreen Dpad? I don't like touching non-glass screens.

Peru

Can I get by without using the onscreen Dpad? I don't like touching non-glass screens.

I hardly use the touch dpad since the target cam does all the work when fighting a monster. There are a few instances that make me tempted to keep the CPP on, though, like when you're near the surface underwater and the camera goes above. Details like that. For the most part you won't use the touch dpad, only adjustments now and then.

Neki

Anyone got tips for a first time monster hunter player? When should I be making shit, and when should I save money? I'm just overwhelmed by all the systems in the game right now.

ramyeon

Anyone got tips for a first time monster hunter player? When should I be making shit, and when should I save money? I'm just overwhelmed by all the systems in the game right now.
Make stuff when you need to/hit a wall seems to be a good rule of thumb.

Beginners usually just build the entire Jaggi armor set.

Weapon, really up to you. Pick a weapon or two that you like and keep upgrading it whenever you get access to the materials.

Money comes by naturally.

ramyeon

Also, I found the only armours you really need in low rank are Jaggi, Wroggi and Loc Lac if you're a Blademaster.

Ken

Should I be worried about using all this raw meat I got? I have no idea how to use the BBQ spit.

Na, you can get more easily from carving monsters or just buying them from the granny in Tanzia Port.

--

Made a Blos X set gemmed for Sharpness +1 and Evasion +1. Downside is I have Slow Sharpening. D;

Neo C.

I got over 50 hours. Waaaayyy too much, normally I don't get more than 20 hours per week, with 5 to 10 on the average.
Compared to MonHun GAF, I'm a casual though. :p

Reknoc

skimming 30 hours, just hunted my first barioth. Feeling pretty far behind everyone else since I've mostly stuck to village and only popped into Tanzia to do the canteen quests lol

Neki

Beginners usually just build the entire Jaggi armor set.

Weapon, really up to you. Pick a weapon or two that you like and keep upgrading it whenever you get access to the materials.

Money comes by naturally.

Which one is the Jaggi armor set? The one that needs the materials from the Jaggis I kill?

Reknoc

Which one is the Jaggi armor set? The one that needs the materials from the Jaggis I kill?

Yea, it's the purple set with the cool hat. Very easy to make, good skills, only hard part is getting a King's Frill.

And for BBQ the trick is listening to the music, after about a second after it ends the meat will change colour and you have a small window to get a well-done steak.

I said I was done for the day. That was a lie

I don't know what happened but I can't kill Rathalos anymore. Got KO'd twice. It's doing like 90 degree pivot fireballs, swooping across the stage like a psychopath never landing, flying out of view completely then coming in with the poison tail slap/air fireball. Whenever I even think about getting some hits in it does the roar + fireball combo

I've killed 6 of these already and only need a few more mats to finish the set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom