• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 |OT| Slay 'em, Skin 'em, Wear 'em

Meesh

I like how you're included for once in the monsters into video, nice touch. Can't wait to get my copy :)

Watched a little bit of the stream. Looked pretty good to me. The verticality could either add a lot or become a massive pain.

Now to play the waiting game for more than a year. I trust our Japanese speaking brothers and sisters will document everything to make my future experience much easier.
No water battles?
I can't tell if you're genuinely upset over the loss of the water battles, or if you're trolling. I hope it's not the latter since trolls will be hunted and turned into boots.

ramyeon

They remove water battles since so many people hated them and now people complain that they're gone lol. Can't satisfy everyone.

This looks great though, I really hope we don't have to wait too long for a localization.

Watching the stream it looks like the camera controls much easier than MH3U. Does anyone know how it is controlled in this one?

Peru

lol Yian!

Water battles were fun, for the most part, although I could see the objections. Best part was simply traversing through water .. they could cut out big monster battles and still keep underwater sections imo. Maybe for G version.

Nice OT! Made me want to play the game now, but I guess I'll have to wait another year or two...

Also Varia Suit?
monster_img_28_05.jpg

Peru

Dude is playing recklessly and isn't great with the weapons he's using. Not sure if it's more difficult as well.

The stick seems to have a lot of potential but demand skill and precision.

ramyeon

The Charge Axe looked really nice too. I'm considering using that over the Swaxe.

I'm getting ahead of myself though, need to hear a confirmation on localisation first :(

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
They remove water battles since so many people hated them and now people complain that they're gone lol. Can't satisfy everyone.

This looks great though, I really hope we don't have to wait too long for a localization.

Watching the stream it looks like the camera controls much easier than MH3U. Does anyone know how it is controlled in this one?

I believe it's the same crosshair facing mechanic from MH3U, but it also supports the frankenstick, which is what I'll be using.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Guy on stream just unlocked the Kechawacha fight, we might be seeing the first new monster in the game soon :p

ramyeon

I believe it's the same crosshair facing mechanic from MH3U, but it also supports the frankenstick, which is what I'll be using.
Ah, so it'll still be as cumbersome without the CPP? It's a bit of a shame that they didn't clean up the control scheme a bit, although I guess I can't really think of any alternative.

Peru

Spoiling myself like a mothertrucker here but we just got a cinematic of the village packing up and caravan'ing to the next location, some grotto. Looks nice.

panda21

where is the demo based CPOM??!?! they promised us it in July or something and now its like October and theres still no demo! and i think there must be some mistake because i just checked the japan 3ds eshop and theres no demo and the game is out on sunday and where is the demo?!?!?!

Peru

Is that your game Tenbatsu+ What kind of awards?

Streamer called it quits. Also-

Adam Evanko ‏@aevanko 5m
Those wathcing Hamayama, know he is doing it wrong. Charge up, then use A button combo w/ Axe, then charge more. Repeat as much as possible.
Adam Evanko ‏@aevanko 4m
The Charge Axe's main method of damage is that A Button Axe combo. How fast/many times you can use it is key to killing monsters.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Is that your game Tenbatsu+ What kind of awards?

Streamer called it quits. Also-

Adam Evanko ‏@aevanko 5m
Those wathcing Hamayama, know he is doing it wrong. Charge up, then use A button combo w/ Axe, then charge more. Repeat as much as possible.
Adam Evanko ‏@aevanko 4m
The Charge Axe's main method of damage is that A Button Axe combo. How fast/many times you can use it is key to killing monsters.

Whos Adam Evanko?

Darvan

Sad to know we won't see this game here in the states till maybe late 2014 :( Hopefully whatever deal Capcom has with Nintendo will last for a Wii U version.

Parakeetman

oh my god!! it looks amazing!

will the download version fit on my 2GB sdcard?

1740MB (13920blocks)

*Edit Id say get a larger card if its financially viable.
---

After watching a bunch of stuff Id have to say looks like the series is evolving in a good way.

Parakeetman

Oh, isn't that annoying as hell? Why isn't it just one big open world? Limitations of the 3DS?

tumblr_m8m3mwC8Tm1qd9urk.jpg

Seriously though its how MH games have been since it first started and till now. Its one design aspect that has not been changed.

You are too busy playing to really notice it. Unless you are one of those who worry about things like "screen tearing" and "FPS" lol

Also allows you to heal / sharpen equipment in a different zone. Basically its one way of escaping from the fight. Since generally the bosses will chase you to the zone borders and thankfully for the most part they wont follow you to the other side.

Top Bottom