• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellraider

The OST for all the games are always good, you're usually just too concentrated on staying alive to notice :p

No, MH4U soundtrack is by far the best the series has ever got. Soundtrack was already a huge jump quality wise going from second to third gen and now the same jump happened with fourth. It's god tier this time.

JimPanzer

No, MH4U soundtrack is by far the best the series has ever got. Soundtrack was already a huge jump quality wise going from second to third gen and now the same jump happened with fourth. It's god tier this time.

yes, MH4 really stands out. I love the tune with the jingles in the gathering hall and the carthar theme...sooo good

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
What's the opinion on using mixed sets? Did a little reading around and found a mixed Ceanataur/Gore/Tetsu set that gives Sharpness and Speed Sharpener (with 3 Grinder Gems applied). I used a mixed set in P3rd and it made things kinda easy, although that could have just been P3rd being easy on its own I guess. I could get the set with minimal farming (all I'd actually have to farm is Great Jaggis for their claws to make the gems with), but ehhhhh...not sure.

And for reference, the set is Cean/Gore/Cean/Gore/Tetsu, in that order.

Nohar

What's the opinion on using mixed sets? Did a little reading around and found a mixed Ceanataur/Gore/Tetsu set that gives Sharpness and Speed Sharpener (with 3 Grinder Gems applied). I used a mixed set in P3rd and it made things kinda easy, although that could have just been P3rd being easy on its own I guess. I could get the set with minimal farming (all I'd actually have to farm is Great Jaggis for their claws to make the gems with), but ehhhhh...not sure.

And for reference, the set is Cean/Gore/Cean/Gore/Tetsu, in that order.

Mixed sets are best sets. If you find the right combinaison and the perfect talisman, that is the way to go to unlock the best skills (and avoid drawbacks).

Sure, in some cases you may end up look like an arlequin, but that doesn't mean you won't be badass.

Windtrick

I'm interested in getting into the MH series but am having some concerns with the demo. Bow was my starting weapon and I do not own a circle pad pro. I find aiming with the d-pad and having to position the camera constantly very clunky. Am I missing something here, or would a new 3ds/circle pad improve my experience if it made sense?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
The music makes for fun stuff. I was on this fishing mission, taking my sweet time, getting extra fish, etc. Then a tetsucabra appeared behind me. The first thing that changed was the very peaceful music turning to LETS ROCK MOTHERFUCKER music but then I heard the loud thud of him landing and a bit of him stomping around as I was trying to stuff away my fishing pole and the message that I didn't catch anything.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I'm interested in getting into the MH series but am having some concerns with the demo. Bow was my starting weapon and I do not own a circle pad pro. I find aiming with the d-pad and having to position the camera constantly very clunky. Am I missing something here, or would a new 3ds/circle pad improve my experience if it made sense?

Aiming isn't really something you should be doing a lot of. Walk around while charging, turn towards the enemy, and fire. You should really only be aiming if you're trying to break a specific part. And if you do need to aim, just stand still, take your time, and use the d-pad. You'll get the hang of it with practice.

Kuntz

Lobster armor (evade +1, evade extender) is a gamechanger, especially for a gunner.
Just got it, and wow the difference is easy to notice.

edit : i made a room to do ingredient upgrade quests (hr2-3)

38-6461-8511-9967
pass 1474

Kazerei

Banned
I need an armor that can get me through the beginning of high rank. Any ideas?

I went with Velociprey S. There's a 7* caravan quest where you hunt 2 Velocidrome in Everwood that makes it easy to farm. Just make sure to do some mining while you're there, you'll need 2 heavenly crystals to make the set.

If you reached high rank in the guild, I'd suggest the Jaggi S set instead.

BuzzWoll

Neo Member
GAF help me pls:

I have an old 3ds xl, and as i first started playing mh4u I got weird cutscene stuttering and ingame I had some stuttering as well.
Fast forward to today, I read a lot of people had issues with their SD cards, so I went ahead and got a new one.
Problem is: stuttering isn't gone and my loadtimes for the game went to about 5 minutes for an area. Going back to the old sd card didnt help either...

Anyone here having similar issues?
I really dont want to buy the new 3ds, 200$ just for MH seems not worth it...

Kane1345

Stare into Magala's eyes......

zlCfzTCFdjQEqanfar

After searching more in the internet I think I'll be keeping my OG 3DS, even though I would love to have a better FPS and a bigger screen, I can't let go of the CPP. If I end up getting the N3DS I'll probably give up on MH4.

Peru

After searching more in the internet I think I'll be keeping my OG 3DS, even though I would love to have a better FPS and a bigger screen, I can't let go of the CPP. If I end up getting the N3DS I'll probably give up on MH4.

Nub is better than the CPP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom